What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, Double C's said:

couldn't pass up 14yr old juice at that price.

20190928_160328.jpg

For some reason it always amuses me when a store gives you the price per ounce :D

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Magnus specs? I’ve got some really good Dickel bottles and some really great mgp bottles.

It’s a 13 year MGP pick.  Haven’t cracked her yet though. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Hurt my wallet a bit in the Bardstown and Frankfort area of Kentucky this weekend.
IMG_6575.JPG

Never seen a secondary carton for the Single Oak bottles— only a paper wrap in the vein of BTAC. Interesting.

Never seen a secondary carton for the Single Oak bottles— only a paper wrap in the vein of BTAC. Interesting.

I picked those up at the Buffalo Trace gift shop. They had three different ones, but it was one per person, so my son and I were only able to get two of them.
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Hurt my wallet a bit in the Bardstown and Frankfort area of Kentucky this weekend.
IMG_6575.JPG

That William Heavenhill is a fantastic pour. Had some just last Saturday.

• I like it 1

Finally getting around to posting up the bottles I picked up while in Bardstown over KBF....

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by ThirstyinOhio
  • I like it 8

22 minutes ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Finally getting around to posting up the bottles I picked up while in Bardstown over KBF....

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i found a 1792 sweet wheat but cant bring myself to post it?

Wow! Great pickups!

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

i found a 1792 sweet wheat but cant bring myself to post it?

Wow! Great pickups!

Sweet wheat is a great score...I've been on the hunt for one for a while now.

22 minutes ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Sweet wheat is a great score...I've been on the hunt for one for a while now.

I know, just havin some fun. I absolutely love seeing your pics. Theyre incredible and one of the great things about this site!

29 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

I know, just havin some fun. I absolutely love seeing your pics. Theyre incredible and one of the great things about this site!

If you ever find yourself in North East Ohio, hit me up and you can see it in person....I'm always looking to share good whiskey with good people.

Edited by ThirstyinOhio
  • I like it 2

If you ever find yourself in North East Ohio, hit me up and you can see it in person....I'm always looking to share good whiskey with good people.

John, I keep trying to get him up to the Sampler in April, but he always seems to have conflicts.
  • I like it 2

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

John, I keep trying to get him up to the Sampler in April, but he always seems to have conflicts.

Jeff.. cut me some slack..theyre called wife and daughter! Maybe the stars align this April.

• I like it 1

Jeff.. cut me some slack..theyre called wife and daughter! Maybe the stars align this April.

Just bustin’ your chops a bit Greg! [emoji3]
I understand, but I’m going to still keep trying to get you up there. I’ll continue to work on getting Bill (FacePlant) up there too. Cheers my Friend!
  • I like it 3

The boom ended today!

Old Scout is back!

99p?  Check!

IN distilled?   Check!

”Sarah” signed label?  Check!

7 year age statement?  ..........damn.

nevermind y’all.

?

710F6841-2F18-46D3-A665-3FAEEC0FAA20.jpeg

• I like it 2

1570027188636-384691423.thumb.jpg.13c8d63b20f5e884ddc64e877514792e.jpgFinally took delivery of this bottle at my son's wedding this weekend. My brother purchased it in Canada back in June. Surprised to see that differing from the Blanton's gold offerings in Japan and England this one is clearly marked 750 ml. 

• I like it 4

38 minutes ago, mwmac said:

1570027188636-384691423.thumb.jpg.13c8d63b20f5e884ddc64e877514792e.jpgFinally took delivery of this bottle at my son's wedding this weekend. My brother purchased it in Canada back in June. Surprised to see that differing from the Blanton's gold offerings in Japan and England this one is clearly marked 750 ml. 

Bermuda Blanton's Gold are also 750s!  ?

But none to be found at Niagra Duty Free stores.  ?

Edited by GeeTen

I picked up a couple bottles of a Jack Daniels store pick single barrel. I don’t buy JD too often, but they had this clearance priced at $23.40 so why not? 

• I like it 2

Never had this one, excited to try? Tasting notes anyone???
20191002_064044.thumb.jpg.f093c4911015ce1044dcb79cd853a4b5.jpg

I enjoy it a lot at least for the price. It’s distinctly HH. I get some serious Reese’s cup goin on with it.

4 hours ago, mwmac said:

This one is on my list but all my overseas friends seem to live in the wrong countries as they’ve never seen it.

one day though.....one day

Not a bourbon, but technically a whiskey since it has an age statement? Got it more for sentiment reasons growing up around PBR drinkers 

1C46A686-CAC0-4C46-AC60-A428F8D1A66C.jpeg

2.jpg.cf75aed668bc5ae0bec75d3f51459e92.jpg
3.jpg.832832358feff58e4c2487ac02245f1e.jpg
4.jpg.02cf3e3322a4a63c86439cefed1574b9.jpg
Wow this is a great pickup! Its like a small fortune! Enjoy whenever you decide to drink them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.