What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, ThirstyinOhio said:

Finally getting around to posting up the bottles I picked up while in Bardstown over KBF....

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Wow,

Could you tell us about the bottles next to the Four Roses in the second photo?  I don't believe I ever saw those before.

How about the unusual label Maker's Mark?

Some interesting finds to be sure.

WSR... for $40.  It's honestly the cheapest I've seen it around here in quite some time.  Checked to see what I spent on a bottle of this a few years ago, $16.99.  Ouch.

Got lucky with the store picks and that Knob Creek 15yr I’ve had before and it’s fantastic. Will report back on the Full Proof.

B46F0CEF-9DD1-4549-B381-C91E69461CB7.jpeg

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, foster016 said:

WSR... for $40.  It's honestly the cheapest I've seen it around here in quite some time.  Checked to see what I spent on a bottle of this a few years ago, $16.99.  Ouch.

Check binnys, when it’s in it’s around 27 before tax

3 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Check binnys, when it’s in it’s around 27 before tax

They don't even put it on the shelf anymore at Binnys.  At least not in Lincoln Park or Lakeview.

3 hours ago, foster016 said:

They don't even put it on the shelf anymore at Binnys.  At least not in Lincoln Park or Lakeview.

Venture on down to the souf side (south loop) they get enough to not have to put it on the “table” it’ll usually be a few cases out on the floor. I know they got some in last week so it’ll be a couple of weeks till next shipment I suspect. I’m in here at least once a week so I’ll shoot you a pm and let you when it’s back in. 

18 hours ago, PaulO said:

Wow,

Could you tell us about the bottles next to the Four Roses in the second photo?  I don't believe I ever saw those before.

How about the unusual label Maker's Mark?

Some interesting finds to be sure.

The small bottles in the front is a "Three Grain Whiskey" which is a "contemporary blend of bourbon, malt and rye whiskey" from Woodford and the larger Woodford bottles with the red label is their new wheat whiskey.  The small Maker's Mark bottles were given as a parting gift for attending a dinner event at Maker's Mark during KBF are nothing special.  

5 hours ago, foster016 said:

2 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Venture on down to the souf side (south loop) they get enough to not have to put it on the “table” it’ll usually be a few cases out on the floor. I know they got some in last week so it’ll be a couple of weeks till next shipment I suspect. I’m in here at least once a week so I’ll shoot you a pm and let you when it’s back in. 

I visited the Schaumburg store a few weeks ago with my son. They had it on the shelves there. Limit one. My son bought Three Floyd’s, and I bought Weller SR:P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

.............. and I bought Weller SR:P

Biba! Joe

You don’t  say???

its always limit one w/ binnys card in south loop/Hyde park too

22 hours ago, Grim_Tactics said:

Got lucky with the store picks and that Knob Creek 15yr I’ve had before and it’s fantastic. Will report back on the Full Proof.

B46F0CEF-9DD1-4549-B381-C91E69461CB7.jpeg

You guys and the Full Proof are killing me! I only know of one bottle at any retail place near here and it was across the river in Illinois...and went for $500.

Edited by Clueby

2 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

ACC93B2F-0DB9-4719-92EB-778545DEB643.jpeg

Apparently, BT must have wanted to revise the Hancock's Res. name this year. I have seen several this year, but have passed because I have several in the bunker. 

25 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Apparently, BT must have wanted to revise the Hancock's Res. name this year. I have seen several this year, but have passed because I have several in the bunker. 

Well to add to your theory, I did find them at two different stores...

19 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

The small bottles in the front is a "Three Grain Whiskey" which is a "contemporary blend of bourbon, malt and rye whiskey" from Woodford and the larger Woodford bottles with the red label is their new wheat whiskey.  The small Maker's Mark bottles were given as a parting gift for attending a dinner event at Maker's Mark during KBF are nothing special.  

What are the bottles with the old man on the label?

14 minutes ago, PaulO said:

What are the bottles with the old man on the label?

I think it is "Very Olde St. Nick".  According to bourbonr circa Feb 2015, it was NDP bottled initially by Julian Van Winkle and later by KBD (with HH spirit) that was sold in Japan in the early 2000s.  There are several postings about it on bourbon blogs in 2014-5 about its re-introduction.  bourbonr references a REALLY old SB thread about it containing a quote from Julian Van Winkle.  I did not search SB for references to it but have a vague recollection that we did mention it circa 2015.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, GoCubs85 said:

Finally walked in on the right day!

9FF8E2E4-D1D7-4F49-99F7-F60AC1D19EC9.jpeg

Was a limit 1 so I had to send the wife back to get the 2nd

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I think it is "Very Olde St. Nick".  According to bourbonr circa Feb 2015, it was NDP bottled initially by Julian Van Winkle and later by KBD (with HH spirit) that was sold in Japan in the early 2000s.  There are several postings about it on bourbon blogs in 2014-5 about its re-introduction.  bourbonr references a REALLY old SB thread about it containing a quote from Julian Van Winkle.  I did not search SB for references to it but have a vague recollection that we did mention it circa 2015.

I tried to reply once and it didn’t work so sorry about the double reply posts.

In addition to what Harry said, the OSN/VOSN along with a few other labels like Rare Perfection are being produced by Preservation Distillery currently. Still an NDP operation for these releases but they have some sort of small still for future juice. As far as I know they’re doing the bottling themselves now and have recently been releasing some of these 

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

I tried to reply once and it didn’t work so sorry about the double reply posts.

In addition to what Harry said, the OSN/VOSN along with a few other labels like Rare Perfection are being produced by Preservation Distillery currently. Still an NDP operation for these releases but they have some sort of small still for future juice. As far as I know they’re doing the bottling themselves now and have recently been releasing some of these 

THX.  Now WHAT does it taste like?:o

31 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

THX.  Now WHAT does it taste like?:o

and where was it sourced from?

2 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

and where was it sourced from?

I would be pretty surprised if it wasn’t from Heaven Hill for any of their bourbon labels. Although someone had recently pointed out that their label approvals on the TTB site included some Canadian rye for some Rare Perfection releases so clearly they must be sourcing from multiple places

Went to get the last bottle of Rebel Yell 10 Year at a county liquor store, and saw one bottle of EHT next to it. Interesting note, the Rebel Yell seems to be a 2016 bottling, since it's barrel number starts with a "4" and it was distilled in December 2005; must have been in a forgotten corner of a warehouse for a few years.

IMG_0854 (1).jpg

• I like it 2

Here’s some of my purchases this week. The OBSO was a collaboration of one of my favorite liquor stores and Lincoln Road with the store pick king.  I had Al make it to my wife!  Can’t wait to try.  ETL retail $37.99. One of these may be going in the what are you drinking tonight’s thread.

743BD16D-9EE8-4A8A-96D2-5807F898F95F.jpeg

Edited by Adam777
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.