What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Here’s some of my purchases this week. The OBSO was a collaboration of one of my favorite liquor stores and Lincoln Road with the store pick king.  I had Al make it to my wife!  Can’t wait to try.  ETL retail $37.99. One of these may be going in the what are you drinking tonight’s thread.

743BD16D-9EE8-4A8A-96D2-5807F898F95F.jpeg

Solid haul. Decades flies under the radar but is a great pour

6 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

I had Al make it to my wife!  

Now THAT is a level of bourbon fan gratitude few of us will ever achieve. :)

11 hours ago, parksmart said:

My first dusty score ever!

D1D79E47-A693-431C-8F84-1F6BF54F7361.jpeg

Where did you find these?  

I’ve been restocking the bunker in preparation for the NE winter

months.  Two Turkey picks, a 12 year EC pick, and some smoky Ardbeg. 

E321224C-6892-4D45-83BE-1C581F2C8241.jpeg

19 hours ago, GoCubs85 said:

Where did you find these?  

Finally walked into a LLS that I’d literally driven by 100s of times.  They had these tucked behind the counter.   

• I like it 1

Got a bottle of Stagg Jr (Batch 12) and James E Pepper 1776 Barrel Proof at MSRP at a small, hole in the wall shop today. They also had EHT Small Batch for $44.

• I like it 1

We made a trip up to Madison, WI this evening to one of the malls there. I got to stop next door at Total Wine and made a purchase. @fishnbowljoe, check out the middle bottle. :D

20191005_213436.jpg

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

We made a trip up to Madison, WI this evening to one of the malls there. I got to stop next door at Total Wine and made a purchase. @fishnbowljoe, check out the middle bottle. :D

20191005_213436.jpg

Good stuff, made almost exactly the same buys a week ago.  Love that XO.  And the 101 Rye is cheeeeeap up there!

• I like it 1

58 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

20191005_213436.jpg

Nice grabs Mike. I’m really happy you finally found a WT 81 Rye. Uhhhhh, I mean 101 Rye. :wacko:

Biba! Uncle Doucé

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice grabs Mike. I’m really happy you finally found a WT 81 Rye. Uhhhhh, I mean 101 Rye. :wacko:

Biba! Uncle Doucé

Is 101 rye hard to find in Chicago?

In STL it sits on the shelf.

Road Trip!!!

17 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Road Trip!!!

LOL! It’s an inside joke 0. My son and I went to a Binny’s in the Chicago burbs a number of weeks ago. They had a Three Floyd’s beer my son was looking for. He got three six packs of Three Floyd’s, and I grabbed a Weller SR for myself. I also grabbed a WT Rye for Galvin0791. I thought it was a 101 proof, but it turns out it was only an 81 proof. Yeah, I wasn’t paying attention. It wasn’t until I was delivering the bottle that I noticed my  f**k up. I ended up just giving Mike the bottle of the 81 proof, (even though he protested) and we had a good laugh about it then, and a few times since. Hey, what are family and friends for? :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Yesterday’s grabs...appreciated the gift card from the MIL for my birthday. covered enough to lessen the sting. IMG_5592.JPG

• I like it 3

A couple more last-on-the-shelf - will stop back in a week or few to see if any more show up.

Resizer_15703875533110.jpg

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, 0895 said:

Road Trip!!!

It's very spotty in the Chicago burbs.  Out of 41 Binny's locations, they have it  "In Stock" at only 13 stores (half of those located in Chicago proper).  It's also $44.99.  At Total Wine  across the Wisconsin border...it's 32.99.    

Was happy to find a bottle for $55 in an out of the way little shop. Normally goes for $10 or $20 more around here.

IMG_2072.jpg

• I like it 1

Was happy to find a bottle for $55 in an out of the way little shop. Normally goes for $10 or $20 more around here.

IMG_2072.thumb.jpg.20ab7dec381fceb2001f339cf5471d43.jpg

Was super excited to find one at 69.99. Damn boom.

Went searching for a CEHT Barrel Proof as a gift for the couple looking after our kids late next week... found that and more. The fact that these bottles all basically look the same is a benefit. 

021AD37B-3C42-4FDB-93EA-F7FD3B0232E5.thumb.jpeg.df37d802ebfbf174f1d73b0440824614.jpeg

• I like it 8

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Went searching for a CEHT Barrel Proof as a gift for the couple looking after our kids late next week... found that and more. The fact that these bottles all basically look the same is a benefit. 

021AD37B-3C42-4FDB-93EA-F7FD3B0232E5.thumb.jpeg.df37d802ebfbf174f1d73b0440824614.jpeg

Good find.

i keep meaning to ask... Do you have an Aston?

Good to see I’m not the only one with a car related SN. ?

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Good find.

i keep meaning to ask... Do you have an Aston?

Good to see I’m not the only one with a car related SN. ?

Good catch. Until recently, yes. A full Euro spec 1979 OI V8 Vantage that I sold to finance an education for my special needs son. Quite miss it. 

60441092-FBC8-426F-BE39-4EB4B0CDA9CE.thumb.jpeg.2a14ed7f73d543af5afce4a0a38b41f5.jpeg

• I like it 10

Good catch. Until recently, yes. A full Euro spec 1979 OI V8 Vantage that I sold to finance an education for my special needs son. Quite miss it. 

60441092-FBC8-426F-BE39-4EB4B0CDA9CE.thumb.jpeg.2a14ed7f73d543af5afce4a0a38b41f5.jpeg

Well if there was ever a good reason to sell that car that would be it.
  • I like it 5

10 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Beautiful car!

And those maroon sun visors!

That’s the kinda stuff that comes back in some form, in the future, through good deeds.

• I like it 1

Had seen a post on a local Bourbon Facebook Group that one of our local Kroger Wine & Spirits had some EC BP.  That was a few days ago and I figured it was probably gone but decided to stop anyway.  Of course it was gone but the manager said she thought she might have a Four Roses that a customer had decided not to get.  This is what she pulled out from under the counter.

FOUR ROSES LE.jpeg

I usually try to have a few "nicer" bottles to open on Christmas Eve when we have our big dinner.  Looks like the line up for that night will be PVW 15, Old Fitzgerald BIB 13 y.o. and the 4R LE shown above.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 12

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Had seen a post on a local Bourbon Facebook Group that one of our local Kroger Wine & Spirits had some EC BP.  That was a few days ago and I figured it was probably gone but decided to stop anyway.  Of course it was gone but the manager said she thought she might have a Four Roses that a customer had decided not to get.  This is what she pulled out from under the counter.

FOUR ROSES LE.jpeg

I usually try to have a few "nicer" bottles to open on Christmas Eve when we have our big dinner.  Looks like the line up for that night will be PVW 15, Old Fitzgerald BIB 13 y.o. and the 4R LE shown above.

The hot streak continues!  Great score!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.