Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I really haven't been imbibing a whole lot lately for numerous reasons. :huh: I also haven't been taking my empties to the basement to add to that mess. :mellow: Anyway....  

Before anyone chastises me, any remnants in the bottom of these bottles will be taken care of in due course. :D

FWIW, one of the SR's was partially used in adding to my 2018 Weller Blend bottle.

Biba! Joe

DSC_0015.thumb.jpeg.ce8980d2f2aa774cbbb313075da9e425.jpegy......

• I like it 3

Finished a 14 year store pick KCSiB.  Really enjoyed this one.  I have one left in the bunker. 

IMG_0423.jpg

• I like it 1

A long crappy week at work ended last night and to celebrate my survival, I finished this one off.

I enjoyed it.

It was also a relatively good value, being about $10 less than private select store picks.

ED61C881-EB51-482B-A0F2-4D969C60A5D1.jpeg

Me + 3day weekend = dangerous.

I didn’t really feel like doing anything today, so I just took it easy.

I’ll admit that I’m not the biggest fan of WFP.  I’ve tried the national release and a few different store picks, and all of them were fine, but never better than a really good OWA pick for me.

This pick was the exception.  I couldn’t stay out of it.  Funny thing is, that it was supposed to be an OWA pick, but the store changed it to full proof after they picked the barrel.  So they never tasted it at the higher proof.
Glad I drank and enjoyed it, but really wishing for a backup bottle right now... ?

73D35068-5D66-4715-87F8-32F2787E7115.jpeg

• I like it 4

24 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Me + 3day weekend = dangerous.

I didn’t really feel like doing anything today, so I just took it easy.

I’ll admit that I’m not the biggest fan of WFP.  I’ve tried the national release and a few different store picks, and all of them were fine, but never better than a really good OWA pick for me.

This pick was the exception.  I couldn’t stay out of it.  Funny thing is, that it was supposed to be an OWA pick, but the store changed it to full proof after they picked the barrel.  So they never tasted it at the higher proof.
Glad I drank and enjoyed it, but really wishing for a backup bottle right now... ?

73D35068-5D66-4715-87F8-32F2787E7115.jpeg

Dang, you did NOT mess around with that one. 

• I like it 1

I've been working on some low fill bottles that I've had open for a while. These bottles gave their all, and stood tall till the very end. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0002.jpeg

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I've been working on some low fill bottles that I've had open for a while. These bottles gave their all, and stood tall till the very end. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0002.jpeg

That's a real nice looking lineup.

• I like it 1

I don’t remember liking Saz Rye this much, but this 2016 dated bottle was solidly good.

017CBEFC-019D-4B42-A882-055541F1A0BB.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

I don’t remember liking Saz Rye this much, but this 2016 dated bottle was solidly good.

I think your "solidly good" perfectly describes my open 2015 bottle as well. Always satisfying and never disappoints.

• I like it 2

Time to send another load to the big blue bin.  I have to say that these three were all quite distinct from one another, but I enjoyed each of them quite a lot for what they were.  Isn't it great what an amazing variety of fine whiskies are available to us?!

Empties 061620.jpg

• I like it 10

3 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Isn't it great what an amazing variety of fine whiskies are available to us?!

Amen to that! If whiskey doesn't validate the old saying of "variety is the spice of life", nothing does! ?

• I like it 3

A trio heading to the bin today. The JDSBBP was delicious, really grew on me with an ice cube. The Larceny BP was ok, probably won't buy again for the price. Love CHT SB and always pick it up when I see it sub $45. Need to get another soon.

IMG_0236.jpg

• I like it 2

Decided to empty my cabinet of some bottles that had 2 ounces or less left in the bottle.  Also decided to use this opportunity to start my own Infinity Bottle.

I decided to use the 1792 Full Proof bottle as my Infinity bottle.  These bottle should all be commended for their past service to the cause.

Now comes the fun part, going to the bunker to find some replacements for active duty.

981853572_20200619_1420091.thumb.jpg.c9f72470e3f20603abb441e05da5c3c4.jpg

Edited by Richdel
  • I like it 1

Time to let this bottle go. Its had a good run. Antique is probably my all time favorite. Wish it was easier to find.

FullSizeR(3).jpg

• I like it 4

Five more for the bin.

Only the DN Reserve was a new one for me. If I didn't already have too much bourbon, yes I would buy it again. I might anyway ?

20200621_163059.jpg

• I like it 2

This was disappointing at first so I used half of it to make Manhattans.  But the last few pours neat were pretty good.  At $35, I won't buy it again, tho (if I ever even see it).  I have a Larceny store pick open that's much better...

1792 sweet wheat empty.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

This was disappointing at first so I used half of it to make Manhattans.  But the last few pours neat were pretty good.  At $35, I won't buy it again, tho (if I ever even see it).  I have a Larceny store pick open that's much better...

1792 sweet wheat empty.jpg

Disappointing to hear.  It was on the short list of bunker bottles to open.  Enjoyed the Fullproof, was hoping that luck would rub off on the Sweet Wheat.  Were the Manhattan at least good?  If so, then it may get some play during football season (my "goto" when the weather gets a chill in air).  

21 hours ago, Richdel said:

Disappointing to hear.  It was on the short list of bunker bottles to open.  Enjoyed the Fullproof, was hoping that luck would rub off on the Sweet Wheat.  Were the Manhattan at least good?  If so, then it may get some play during football season (my "goto" when the weather gets a chill in air).  

Yeah, it made a good Manhattan and, like I said, it did improve with "air time".  Some people rave about this so YMMV. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Yeah, it made a good Manhattan and, like I said, it did improve with "air time".  Some people rave about this so YMMV. 

You’re not alone.

Its just ok to me as well.

I feel like I used to really like it, and now I kinda ignore it. ?‍♂️

RRSiB Barrel 18-0300, Rickhouse CN A, Floor 4 has performed admirably......

B44A0728-49B6-4A5C-B4B6-98F89DDC7720.jpeg

14 hours ago, parksmart said:

RRSiB Barrel 18-0300, Rickhouse CN A, Floor 4 has performed admirably......

I've heard nothing but good things about Camp Nelson barrels.  K&L pick?  I recently finished a CNF picked by Moraga Wines & Spirits that was excellent.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.