Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Took almost a year, but the wife killed off the last of this family size OF prime. Her new go to daily pour. She’s been preferring it over the Weller and other wheaters in the cabinet. Idk if I’ll get another big bottle or just a 750 

F3E88248-16FD-4BC5-834A-80C02E047BAE.jpeg

As I posted in another thread, I've been doing some limited spring cleaning. 

Biba! Joe

emt.jpeg

• I like it 2

Held onto this one for a while but it was time to go as the quarantine bottle kill continues.  

239AA730-71A6-4704-BA24-CFEB207B8EB2.jpeg

• I like it 1

Just thought I’d share my finds of the day. Pulled these out of the hole at work . Lots of half pint bottles with tax stamps, but everything just flakes off once it dries. Lots of milk bottles and other bottles as well.  Anyone ever heard of old Quaker? Found several of these as well as some scotch, gin and medecine bottles as well

38F6BAF0-BCFD-42C9-B4A1-5C793B961406.jpeg

F1BB64DD-3A58-4CEE-AF44-3C85DD281C54.jpeg

D9E8BBF3-D40D-4C7A-A5F1-7274F5732AF5.jpeg

• I like it 4

10 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

Just thought I’d share my finds of the day. Pulled these out of the hole at work . Lots of half pint bottles with tax stamps, but everything just flakes off once it dries. Lots of milk bottles and other bottles as well.  Anyone ever heard of old Quaker? Found several of these as well as some scotch, gin and medecine bottles as well

Maybe it's just my screen's poor resolution (old computer); but the fill levels of all of these loox suspiciously low.  ?     I don't think I'd drink any of 'em.  ???

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Looks like it was an old Schenley brand

P1040998.JPG

• I like it 3

Another empty during the quarantine. This one was good with a very mellow banana caramel knows, but overall I had a strange component in the finish that left me underwhelmed. Find to try it though.Find to try it though.

76CDB3BB-5987-4D2C-B80E-710236264FFC.jpeg

Find of the day.  Finally got a complete tax stamp that didn’t disintagrade once it dried. The two behind it are beer bottles from circa the Chicago Fire ( found them at another jobsite) 

7DE7EAE2-2768-4E35-BF00-8059E4664439.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/14/2020 at 5:28 PM, Vosgar said:

Looks like it was an old Schenley brand

Apparently the distillery in Lawrenceburg, IN. this bottle came from was originally the W.S. Squibb distillery. Squibb was forced to shut down when Prohibition came about, Schenley bought the facility just before Prohibition ended and changed the name to Old Quaker Distilling. This is not the Seagrams/LDI/MGP plant.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Another empty during the quarantine. This one was good with a very mellow banana caramel knows, but overall I had a strange component in the finish that left me underwhelmed. Find to try it though.Find to try it though.

76CDB3BB-5987-4D2C-B80E-710236264FFC.jpeg

2018 or 2019?

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

2018 or 2019?

2019.  I know you had said that the 2018 was absolutely fantastic so I had high hopes.  I had thought this was only a 2 year release, but I see Breaking Bourbon has a 2020 release listed.  I would give it another go if a bottle fell into my lap at MSRP, but I do not think I will go out of my way to seek out.

10 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

2019.  I know you had said that the 2018 was absolutely fantastic so I had high hopes.  I had thought this was only a 2 year release, but I see Breaking Bourbon has a 2020 release listed.  I would give it another go if a bottle fell into my lap at MSRP, but I do not think I will go out of my way to seek out.

I havent opened my 2019 yet, but I should. The last couple JD Binnys pics I had were very good. Curious as to to how the Heritage differs.

This bottle has been an absolute champ. From neat to sours this bottle has been very enjoyable. 

0DEAFD36-E068-4FF1-9C0F-68B451ED9D89.jpeg

The last 3/4 inch (1.654 OZ, more or less) of 4R Private Select OESV (Pine Orchard, Ellicott City, MD) 10 yr 2 mos. 59.2% Warehouse 75, Barrel 63P while watching Science Channel about the Hubbell Telescope.

NEAT at room temp this drinks (well, drank) like cream soda.

Space under the silver chest just opened up.  I have a chance for filling it on a JAM MHC Special Release.  I'm trying to schedule a med appt. to coincide with the store's open hours.  No use risking my life over my health unless there's a bourbon/whiskey carrot out there, too.:D

Edited by Harry in WashDC
"Science" is spelled "Science" not Cience".
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Happy 420 day.

FB_IMG_1587350816824.jpg

Uhhhh, shouldn’t this have been posted in the “Empty  Bong Support” thread? :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Happy 420 day.

FB_IMG_1587350816824.jpg

FINALLY! Someone found a useful use for those damn Willett Pot Still bottles. :) I can tell you're a man of science Clueby.

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

Happy 420 day.

FB_IMG_1587350816824.jpg

Some people may wonder "which bottle should I have a pour from today". Others may wonder "which bottle bong should I use today". In Clueby's case it may be both ? :D  

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The last 3/4 inch (1.654 OZ, more or less) of 4R Private Select OESV (Pine Orchard, Ellicott City, MD) 10 yr 2 mos. 59.2% Warehouse 75, Barrel 63P while watching Science Channel about the Hubbell Telescope.

NEAT at room temp this drinks (well, drank) like cream soda.

Space under the silver chest just opened up.  I have a chance for filling it on a JAM MHC Special Release.  I'm trying to schedule a med appt. to coincide with the store's open hours.  No use risking my life over my health unless there's a bourbon/whiskey carrot out there, too.:D

@Harry in WashDC, if you do buy the MHC Special (Cider & Malt finish), please let me know. I'd love to get your feedback on it! ??

2 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Harry in WashDC, if you do buy the MHC Special (Cider & Malt finish), please let me know. I'd love to get your feedback on it! ??

picking it up tomorrow (tues) circa 2pm eastern. I shall wait until I get home to open it.

4 hours ago, FacePlant said:

FINALLY! Someone found a useful use for those damn Willett Pot Still bottles. :) I can tell you're a man of science Clueby.

Full disclosure...I did NOT take that pic!  Great idea though if you are into that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

picking it up tomorrow (tues) circa 2pm eastern. I shall wait until I get home to open it.

Can’t keep the lady waiting.  Pop and pour in the parking lot!

?

• I like it 1

A couple more empties headed downstairs to add to the collection. These two will be missed. The ER was a private selection picked by Harlan at BT. It was one of the best ER's I've ever had. The Weller SR was a private pick done by a local store. It was a pretty goodun. Replacements are pictured alongside. ^_^

Biba! Joe

48423F70-DB62-4564-82A6-370A0D0A446C_1_105_c copy.jpg

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Bottle 882 of 1121.  I paid somewhat above MSRP but well below the asking price at the other (and there are very few) WashDC stores that still have one or two.  It was tough to find here.  I picked up a basic BT and some Dolins red and a Campari while I was in the store.  It was their last MHC SR. The latest Cigar Blend disappeared before anybody I know saw one.  It'll be a few days before I get notes up.

I assuaged my conscience for spending this much on whiskey while so many are hurting by donating a larger sum to the local food bank consortium.  Us retiree shut-ins who have run out of Amazon things to order have to spend our money SOMEplace.;)  Otherwise, relatives we don't like might git it all.:lol:

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.