Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

29 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Fantastic weather last night on the water with one of my oldest friends. 

Freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing.?

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

B8358DB2-F67A-410B-B12F-F33892E86AF6.thumb.jpeg.182f8b3a8df0d9a2d6a237a233b480cd.jpegFantastic weather last night on the water with one of my oldest friends. 

78EF7E90-C40A-4857-84C2-A0F9DB437A2C.jpeg

Boom! Well done.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

B8358DB2-F67A-410B-B12F-F33892E86AF6.thumb.jpeg.182f8b3a8df0d9a2d6a237a233b480cd.jpegFantastic weather last night on the water with one of my oldest friends. 

15 years and 3 months isn’t really all that old honestly...
?

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

Fantastic weather last night on the water with one of my oldest friends. 

My luck a big wave would come along and....bloop.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

78EF7E90-C40A-4857-84C2-A0F9DB437A2C.jpeg

Awesome!

• I like it 1

I wasn't to fond of this one, maybe it was the dickel juice blended with it. I managed to kill it off to make shelf space for something better.

20200725_204227.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

I wasn't to fond of this one, maybe it was the dickel juice blended with it. I managed to kill it off to make shelf space for something better.

20200725_204227.jpg

That's pretty much exactly how I felt of my bottle. 

Goodbye giant 1.75ml ER store pick.
I’ll miss you, but the memories will last.  ?

ADEF9080-A6C6-4899-8F33-8EDACC28F448.jpeg

• I like it 4

22 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

I have to wait till September to get another  bottle 

?  

A good finish to the weekend!  

7B95CEFD-19C6-456E-B407-37CA5256A1E8.jpeg

Well damn.  That was quick.  Must be as good as they say!

42 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I can't stop drinking it. At $55 it's a steal and I'll spend too much money drinking it regularly for awhile. 

• I like it 1

On 7/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, Clueby said:

My luck a big wave would come along and....bloop.

Dang it, outed by @Clueby!  Yes, there were waves, mostly from other boats, so we had to find a smooth patch when the bottle would not slide off the deck.  It was a bit of a gamble.  You know,  just a pair of middle aged dudes choreographing a sweet bourbon photo.  .  .

• I like it 1

It just dawned on me at 11pm, that I accomplished absolutely nothing except sitting around drinking today..... (sigh).

My parents came over for a few hours this afternoon to visit and bring us some farm fresh peaches, so I guess there’s that.

It was nice to see them.  Working in healthcare and turning 40 this year has started to make me very aware about cherishing the time I have left with them.

Anyway, the VOB 90p was darn good!

C7A832E2-BBCC-45CA-BE8E-2375896A1AD4.jpeg

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

2 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

I can't stop drinking it. At $55 it's a steal and I'll spend too much money drinking it regularly for awhile. 

Yes, they go fast when you only have a handful of bottles open at a time!  

It's very good, my first initial impression on the nose was green apple and was happy when a friend had the same note.  All I remember from the first sip was the back end heat and kick of spice/black pepper.  After my palate was acclimated there was the vanilla and honey I get in 101 Rye, but taken to the next level.  The finish is solid in length and, surprise, surprise, quite spicy.   I will reserve final judgment until I try next to Cornerstone, but I don't think the RBR is going to match up in viscosity and depth.

From a value standpoint, it was $60-65 here, which is alright I guess and will certainly be on the future bar.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yes, they go fast when you only have a handful of bottles open at a time!  

It's very good, my first initial impression on the nose was green apple and was happy when a friend had the same note.  All I remember from the first sip was the back end heat and kick of spice/black pepper.  After my palate was acclimated there was the vanilla and honey I get in 101 Rye, but taken to the next level.  The finish is solid in length and, surprise, surprise, quite spicy.   I will reserve final judgment until I try next to Cornerstone, but I don't think the RBR is going to match up in viscosity and depth.

From a value standpoint, it was $60-65 here, which is alright I guess and will certainly be on the future bar.

I will agree with this and add that it does not stand up to Cornerstone, but at $55 here vs $170 for Cornerstone, it's a real bargain as I do not believe there is $115 difference in the two. 

• I like it 1

Good stuff!  Barely legal so more like a high rye bourbon.  My honey hole sells this for $39.99 + tax so it will be replaced..

pikesville empty.jpg

• I like it 3

Emptied a bottle of 12 year 1792.... technically I blended about 1/3 of the 12-year-old with a few store picks I had open. Came out very nice. 
E37D982A-4364-42EF-B928-1ECDD5053E3D.thumb.jpeg.6644fac057194d72a43b7f7dbf2ca377.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody

Saying goodbye tonight to my bottle of Rabbit Hole Rye,  which turned out to be a pretty nice pour.   For a 95/5 mashibill (contract distilled in Kentucky),  it has far less  "rye spice" than an MGP rye.   It's being replaced by a bottle of New Riff rye,  which is also a 95/5 mashbill.   I'm curious -  is the Rabbit Hole distilled for them by New Riff?   There are certainly similarities as I sip them side by side.  

Sure wish I knew how to posts photos - I always enjoy seeing the shots of the "dead soldiers"    

Final pour of a curiosity purchase. 

Bulleit 'Blender's Select' proved to be a solid pour that served me well.  It's obviously 4R distillate though, and for my money I'll just pony up to the 'Lawrenceburg boys', as I move forward.

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Saying goodbye tonight to my bottle of Rabbit Hole Rye,  which turned out to be a pretty nice pour.   For a 95/5 mashibill (contract distilled in Kentucky),  it has far less  "rye spice" than an MGP rye.   It's being replaced by a bottle of New Riff rye,  which is also a 95/5 mashbill.   I'm curious -  is the Rabbit Hole distilled for them by New Riff?   There are certainly similarities as I sip them side by side.  

Sure wish I knew how to posts photos - I always enjoy seeing the shots of the "dead soldiers"    

That's certainly a good guess on who's making the RH rye.

pics - take picture with your smartphone or iPad, etc.

go to SB forum online

Reply to a thread, and just below where you type your words in, there is a little paperclip that says "drag files here to attach, or choose files"

I just click on "choose files", pick the photo I want from my iPhone (usually the picture I just took of the bottle) and it uploads to this site.

Once you submit your reply, the picture will attach.

If you don't use a smartphone or iPad/tablet, you can always take pictures with a digital camera, then transfer them to your computer and then use the computer to upload to this site.

EEE67370-904D-4A2A-8763-70EC7B806E0C.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

That's certainly a good guess on who's making the RH rye.

pics - take picture with your smartphone or iPad, etc.

go to SB forum online

Reply to a thread, and just below where you type your words in, there is a little paperclip that says "drag files here to attach, or choose files"

I just click on "choose files", pick the photo I want from my iPhone (usually the picture I just took of the bottle) and it uploads to this site.

Once you submit your reply, the picture will attach.

If you don't use a smartphone or iPad/tablet, you can always take pictures with a digital camera, then transfer them to your computer and then use the computer to upload to this site.

I typically use a photo resize app to lower the size of the pics I upload  to conserve bandwidth. My phone takes 4K pics and I lower them to 40% resolution. Still more than enough for website viewing.  There was an overall limit on total upload capacity per person. Not sure if that still applies?

• I like it 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:37 AM, Double C's said:

20200725_204227.jpg

I just noticed you’re local.

Nice to see someone else from the area.

Yeah, those bottles are a bit rough.

I think I “accidentally” dumped some of mine to expedite the elimination of. ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.