Quarantine

DanP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/14/2020 at 2:06 PM, Clueby said:

Quarantine day 1.

20200314_125031.jpg

I can't get over this photo-- that represents my caloric intake for at least two days. Enjoy it.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I can't get over this photo-- that represents my caloric intake for at least two days. Enjoy it.

That is coffee with BC in it, not an entire mug of BC!

32 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That is coffee with BC in it, not an entire mug of BC!

Clueby’s Straight Bourbon Coffee Recipe 

-two parts Bourbon Cream

-on part coffee

There have been times in the past that I’ve had BT Bourbon Cream in my coffee. A couple of them fairly recently as a matter of fact. ?

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

There have been times in the past that I’ve had BT Bourbon Cream in my coffee. A couple of them fairly recently as a matter of fact. ?

Biba! Joe

I mean I have been known to have some straight up but usually not a huge entire mug full! I did pour a little bit over home made ice cream last night. Had I thought about it in time I'd have put it in the mix before going into the ice cream maker.

• I like it 2

Well it’s official, my liquor supply is cut off. All FWGS stores throughout PA are closed until further notice...

11 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Well it’s official, my liquor supply is cut off. All FWGS stores throughout PA are closed until further notice...

You still have til 9pm tomorrow night.

Go stock up... if there’s any left...

?

23 minutes ago, 0895 said:

You still have til 9pm tomorrow night.

Go stock up... if there’s any left...

?

It was a madhouse today, I thought I was going to get my arm ripped off. Plus nothing good left, online is already closed.

28 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

It was a madhouse today, I thought I was going to get my arm ripped off. Plus nothing good left, online is already closed.

Bummer.

I suppose OH & WV arn’t too far away if you get really desperate.

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Bummer.

I suppose OH & WV arn’t too far away if you get really desperate.

Not that desperate....yet.  Just hoping some of the good stuff you could special order comes back when all of this subsides.

• I like it 1

I just read the ky derby has been postponed. What does this do to the bourbon lovers. And can anyone confirm this is actually true?

2 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I just read the ky derby has been postponed. What does this do to the bourbon lovers. And can anyone confirm this is actually true?

It's true

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/

1 hour ago, Mattk said:

To answer your questions, best I can, in order: Nothing (The Derby is about, 2-year-old horses, crazy hats, conspicuous consumption of many things but real Bourbon lovers will be jsut fine, I think).  Yes; postponed 'til Labor day, unless that changes again.....   Gotta be an issue for loads of rich folx (and some not quite so well-heeled) along with many, many hopeful horse-workers (jockeys, trainers, stall-cleaners, grooms, vets, training riders), and fans of 'The Sport of Kings'.

• I like it 1

I've always found I've gotten a superior pour around Preakness. But that's probably just because Kentucky came to visit. Sounds like we might be September as well

Bars are closed here.  Restaurants can only do carry out.  Hospitals are running low on some things, including narcotics.  All elective surgeries postponed.

More Peppa Pig cartoons for me.

I'm running low on food, and I have no medicine, soap, cleaning supplies, or toilet paper like everyone else. Last night I lost hot water and heating, too, probably the gas line got busted somewhere. Now they shut off electricity to inspect gas... Living the full warzone experience.

39 minutes ago, Kane said:

I'm running low on food, and I have no medicine, soap, cleaning supplies, or toilet paper like everyone else. Last night I lost hot water and heating, too, probably the gas line got busted somewhere. Now they shut off electricity to inspect gas... Living the full warzone experience.

if food gets to low and you get desperate enough, I saw first hand last fall that Boston has plenty of rats a person could kill and eat. That wouldn't be my first choice though.

2 hours ago, Double C's said:

if food gets to low and you get desperate enough, I saw first hand last fall that Boston has plenty of rats a person could kill and eat.

Fortunately (?) that couldn't be more accurate.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Double C's said:

if food gets to low and you get desperate enough, I saw first hand last fall that Boston has plenty of rats a person could kill and eat. That wouldn't be my first choice though.

Anything tastes great with soy sauce and garlic! Dogs, too - ask the Koreans.  ?

• I like it 2

On 3/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, yobber76 said:

I'm good as long as no one starts a drinking game where you have to take a drink every time you here the term corona virus.

I'd be dead, though in dealing with the Hospital system of a major metropolitan system they seem to prefer Covid-19

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Anything tastes great with soy sauce and garlic! Dogs, too - ask the Koreans.  ?

Chinese, too!  ?

Daughter brought a handle of WT101. Bless her heart! Was down to my last 1/2 L.

A couple years ago Mrs. F bought one of those zombie apocalipse emergency food kits to tide us over in case of a 17 year quarantine. Soups and dried veggies are OK, I guess, but no essential tp and we're already down to our last 2 bottles each  of Bookers and Stagg Jr. There ought to a market for emergency bourbons.

Edited by Flyfish
update
  • I like it 1

12 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Chinese, too!  ?

Nah - we don't do dem!  ??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.