Quarantine

DanP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/22/2020 at 7:40 PM, BrokeCal said:

So, just to get this straight, liquor stores, weed stores and gun shops are essential businesses... But the clothing and shoe stores have to close??? Well... It would make sense the one organization that can't define the word 'essential' would be the damn government.

Sounds good to me! I only need 1 pair of shoes, and I can wash my clothes.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, ThomasGazelle said:

The Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky just authorized the delivery of beer and liquor...big move for the Bluegrass State.

A reporter at the OH governor's news conference asked why the liquor stores were still open though all "non-essential" businesses are shut down.  Yet one more reason that many people think journalists are just butt-ugly stupid.

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, yobber76 said:

Sounds good to me! I only need 1 pair of shoes, and I can wash my clothes.

You wearing real clothes?  One of the benefits of staying in is - I don't have to get dressed up.  Several years ago, I got a catalog from Chefwear and ever since have been buying chef's pants for lounging.  They are easy care (no iron and hard to stain) and even tough enough for basic yard work.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now the Governor of the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts wants everyone who leaves home to wear a mask, regardless of whether they have the coronoavirus or not.  Scarves, homemade fabric, anything that covers the mouth and nose.  Ok, here's mine:

Blanton's mask.jpeg

Was going to use a PVW20 bag, but the drawstrings are too short for my fat head (sigh)!  Store manager was none too pleased - sheesh.   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 14

20 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Now the Governor of the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts wants everyone who leaves home to wear a mask, regardless of whether they have the coronoavirus or not.  Scarves, homemade fabric, anything that covers the mouth and nose.  Ok, here's mine:

Blanton's mask.jpeg

Was going to use a PVW20 bag, but the drawstrings are too short for my fat head (sigh)!  Store manager was none too pleased - sheesh.   ?

This got a hearty guffaw from the couch, followed by a spousal inquiry and a chuckle.  Very well done.  

• I like it 1

Blanton's mask.jpeg

I have seen in another FB bourbon group where people are taking these bags apart and turning them into the rectangular shaped masks. Personally, I am utilizing my fishing face masks that I would normally wear for sun protection. I don't think very many people have caught onto this option yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 2:42 PM, Double C's said:

I have seen in another FB bourbon group where people are taking these bags apart and turning them into the rectangular shaped masks. Personally, I am utilizing my fishing face masks that I would normally wear for sun protection. I don't think very many people have caught onto this option yet.

OK - I've sacrificed an old aloha shirt (getting tight around the middle lately) and a PVW20 bag for my new facewear:

PVW20 mask.png

Taking them to work tomorrow.  Getting our temperatures taken every day after punching in and before we hit the sales floor - "Health" checks for "essential" employees  . . . . . .  ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 10

OK - I've sacrificed an old aloha shirt (getting tight around the middle lately) and a PVW20 bag for my new facewear:

PVW20 mask.png

Taking them to work tomorrow.  Getting our temperatures taken every day after punching in and before we hit the sales floor - "Health" checks for "essential" employees  . . . . . .  ?

Frank, nobody is going to believe that you're 20 years old.  Even with the mask covering you up!

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.