What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

48 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Or some Buffalo Trace!

If only I knew how to photo shop........ :P 

Tonight, I started with a nice 2.5 ounce pour of FRSBS.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, it works well as a first or after dinner pour.   It met both criteria.  Followed up with another 2.5 ounce pour of CEHT BP 129.0 proof.  I proofed it down to 107.5...an awesome sweet spot.  I might have another small pour before turning in for the night.   I am weak in resistance but strong in interest. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

I've got 4 different Turkey's open on the bar at the moment, might be time for a 5th

Lawrenceburg for the win once again.

Had a squirt of EC earlier...having a little EWSB presently. Down to less than a 1/4 of the bottle of ER so I'm thinking I'll save that. I really love EWSB @$20 a bottle at Costco...any time I go to Costco running errands a bottle seems to jump into my cart...strange how they do that! 

TP

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200424191302944_COVER.jpg

• I like it 2

39 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

If only I knew how to photo shop........ :P 

If only this was a few years ago I could have helped out with real photos. The small farm right behind my subdivision had several buffalo/American Bison. I used to feed them my grass clippings. The big one (his name was Ray-Ray) really liked peppermint candy, too. They were gentle but so big that they still posed a danger because they kept escaping. They would slowly just push the fence until they could just walk out.  Our subdivision made the news several times due to escapes. We were out of town and caught a news story where the reporter was literally standing in my yard. I know at least one had to be killed because they couldn't get him rounded back up.

WT 101 celebrating the removal of the deck from the back of the house.  The deck was starting to get rough, and other issues.  I had a crew working hard all day.  It also felt good to me because I suspect some of their business had slowed.  The plan is eventually get a patio, maybe a fire pit and grill.  There is a gas line back there too.  

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Talk about irony...... out on the porch enjoying a cigar and some WTKS when this guy goes walking across my backyard

turkey.jpg

Ha!

Reminds me of the morning I walked out the front door one morning to leave for work and startled a peacock??? that was sitting on our front porch.  I chased him into the neighbor’s yard to get a pic, because I knew the wife would never believe me...

2328D95D-E549-4D14-A5B1-B9B290411762.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, kypix said:

Benchmark.  Yes.  On purpose.

Benchmark is great for making Bourbon chocolate chip cookies!  Our 5yr old granddaughter makes a mean batch that is out of this world, IMHO.   ?

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Benchmark is great for making Bourbon chocolate chip cookies!  Our 5yr old granddaughter makes a mean batch that is out of this world, IMHO.   ?

Recipe please. ^_^

Biba! Joe

Was in the mood last night and bottle was begging to be killed. Healthy pour of B519 to finish it off.

D590B8CF-1B3B-4FDB-B227-9C42271F8A30.jpeg

• I like it 2

Phase 2 1/2 of physical therapy for my shoulder earlier this afternoon. They had me do/gave me even more strenuous stretching exercises today. It sure breaks the monotony of hunkering down at home, but I have to say it's a bit humbling. Hot d**n!  ?  I felt the need to self medicate when I got home. :mellow:

Wayne !?!?? :blink:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0008.jpeg

• I like it 7

I've been semi-rationing this bottle for over a year. I dont mind the Beam peanut, but the absence of it in this barrel puts it up there with great RR SIB picks. 

20200427_211016.jpg

• I like it 2

Side-by-siding a couple of KC single barrels, a 12 year and a 14++ year.  I go back and forth on these.  They are both outstanding and very different.  The younger bottle has a brightness that washes over the entire palate.  It rings out like a bell.  The older is much deeper and darker.  The first is barnyard and the second is tackroom.  Neither one is over-woody to my taste.  Gorgeous whiskies, both.

Apologies for the frosted glasses.  I'm stuck in quarantine away from the finer things.   First World problems.

IMG_4522.thumb.jpg.61a7cbf52d61bf48220c2f8cf5dfeaa8.jpg

Edited by scratchline
wife
  • I like it 2

Time to step out and soak up some Sunshine and soak up some Wild Turkey after a very busy day.  

17 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Having some good old ER 10y tonight.

Might join you later. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Might join you later. ?

Biba! Joe

I'll be there....

• I like it 1

I decided to stick with BT and poured one of my “back in the day” favorite daily pours, RHF (when it was on the shelf year around). This is a bottle from 2019, and it’s really good. 
309E62AF-5AAB-4220-87BA-041889E98942.thumb.jpeg.428eeabea37bd1633b69274dbfd795c2.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/26/2020 at 7:37 PM, Vosgar said:

I've got 4 different Turkey's open on the bar at the moment, might be time for a 5th

Sunday I posted this (along with a picture in an earlier post) after seeing a turkey walking across my backyard while I was drinking some WTKS. I'd never seen a turkey on our property in the 30 yrs since we built the house. Yesterday I saw him/her again, strutting across the lawn and this afternoon the damn bird was on my deck. Took that as the final hint needed to open that 5th bottle of WT. Wouldn't ya know, the f'ing cork broke. I don't know what kind of karma is floating around me, but I thought screw it, I'll deal with the bottle tomorrow and poured some Ritt DSP-354.

wt.jpg

• I like it 2

The old man went running today.  No soccer so I gotta do something.  I ran yesterday so I wasn't planning to run today.  Plus, it has been really windy lately.  I feel like I am swimming up stream.  Anyway, my motivation was if I run, I get to enjoy an early week pour.  It was such a difficult run one way that I decided I deserved two pours.  Of course, after running into the wind on the first leg and knowingly the wind would be in my back on the return route, the wind practically blew me home.

My pours were FRSBS and ECBP.  Hmmm...maybe I will go for a run again tomorrow.  Nah, its suppose rain.

• I like it 2

Opened this one up, big cinnamon, vanilla sweetness.

Cheers!

PEfZS6H.jpg

Scott Henderson Well To The Bone 2002 Schrapnel Records, Inc. 

WHPptfn.jpg

Found out today that my wife and I are having another little girl. Cheers!

8A45AF89-D824-483A-A301-015A476D3ADB.jpeg

Edited by Adam777
  • I like it 12

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Sunday I posted this (along with a picture in an earlier post) after seeing a turkey walking across my backyard while I was drinking some WTKS. I'd never seen a turkey on our property in the 30 yrs since we built the house. Yesterday I saw him/her again, strutting across the lawn and this afternoon the damn bird was on my deck. Took that as the final hint needed to open that 5th bottle of WT. Wouldn't ya know, the f'ing cork broke. I don't know what kind of karma is floating around me, but I thought screw it, I'll deal with the bottle tomorrow and poured some Ritt DSP-354.

wt.jpg

The call of the wild. You cannot resist it. (Bad things happen if you do).

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.