What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

38 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Tonight turned into a little Heaven Hill tasting for me.  All winners here!

66293DB9-6CEF-431B-9F13-0C2C22DF6BB4.jpeg

That bottle hanging over the edge is giving me anxiety.

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That bottle hanging over the edge is giving me anxiety.

I balanced an old fitz decanter upside down on the rim of a glen, containing the last pour of 14y HH wheated bourbon, with the stopper on top, to take a pic for “empty support group”, 

but you’re worried about this?

?

Edited by 0895

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

I balanced an old fitz decanter upside down on the rim of a glen, containing the last pour of 14y HH wheated bourbon, with the stopper on top, to take a pic for “empty support group”, 

but you’re worried about this?

?

It’s full for gosh sakes!  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s full for gosh sakes!  ?

Biba! Joe

Not for long.

That stuff is what Heaven Hill dreams are made of.

?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Not for long.

That stuff is what Heaven Hill dreams are made of.

?

Do you offer curbside pickup? :)

• I like it 2

52 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Do you offer curbside pickup? :)

Yeah, come pickup my wife and take her away so she doesn’t drink any more of it.

?

OF Statesman to start my weekend.  My first purchase of this bottle, but I remember enjoying it on previous tries.  It’s as good as I remember.  Beautiful mahogany color and a wonderful nose.  Lusciously thick, classic, top line, B-F whiskey, that hits all the right notes for me.  Too bad I’ve waited this long to pull the trigger on a bottle, but I see this one disappearing rapidly, and another replacing it.  

F0758243-AC95-476A-936E-C73EB6E9A62D.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 5

5 hours ago, 0895 said:

Yeah, come pickup my wife and take her away so she doesn’t drink any more of it.

?

Pics?  Asking for a friend......

?

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

and what a fine Friday it is!

E79A38B0-699E-4B1E-9271-9169C3EEF519.jpeg

I’m not excited ‘til at least that pony’s right rear leg is hangin’ completely off the edge...?

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I’m not excited ‘til at least that pony’s right rear leg is hangin’ completely off the edge...?

Ha!

Just for you, buddy.

Nice work on the Statesman, btw.  A delicious pour indeed!

73F207C8-3FAE-4B35-B0D6-DC95C1C27A05.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ha!

Just for you, buddy.

Nice work on the Statesman, btw.  A delicious pour indeed!

73F207C8-3FAE-4B35-B0D6-DC95C1C27A05.jpeg

Heehee!  ??

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

?

But then I'd be out of MWND. ?. Don't tell her I said that!

• I like it 1

Tonight, my favorite night of the week whether in quarantine or otherwise.  I am sipping side by side a Little Booker Chapter 3 and a Bakers Small Batch.   Both are superb pours,  and on this drizzly evening the Bakers is the more satisfying, that peanut-brittly Beam flavor note just hitting the spot tonight.

Happy cocooning, all,  and a dram to dull the pain.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

OF Statesman to start my weekend.  My first purchase of this bottle, but I remember enjoying it on previous tries.  It’s as good as I remember.  Beautiful mahogany color and a wonderful nose.  Lusciously thick, classic, top line, B-F whiskey, that hits all the right notes for me.  Too bad I’ve waited this long to pull the trigger on a bottle, but I see this one disappearing rapidly, and another replacing it.  

F0758243-AC95-476A-936E-C73EB6E9A62D.jpeg

This is where I'd normally curse you for convincing me to buy something new. Luckily for me I'm already all in on this one!

17 minutes ago, flahute said:

This is where I'd normally curse you for convincing me to buy something new. Luckily for me I'm already all in on this one!

Figures that we are again in agreement on a whiskey.

Vanilla Ice Cream in a glass. 

Cheers

IMG_3947.JPG

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added photo
  • I like it 2

Had some WSR, half n half, and simple syrup in this morning's coffee. Nice little start to a rainy Saturday. 

20200425_092908.jpg

• I like it 1

I was up a bit late last night. -_-  I enjoyed several pours of a ps BT, and my 2018 Weller Blend. :P

Biba! Joe

Had a couple bottles of Bourbon County Wheat Wine first so all I could manage after that was one small pour of a WSR PS before zzzzz........

Three cheers from these quarters as well for the Statesman.   This one's nearing the bottom,  but gets to experience the side porch one last time on one cracker of a spring day.  

Sipping on an OBSV pick from 5+ years ago (Frugal MacDoogal).  Wasn't terribly impressed with it at the time (not disappointed either; think this was sub-$50) but coming across with a fruity richness I'm really digging.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.