What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

55 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

As I read your WT101 post my first thought that every time I am loving my 101 I go right up the ladder and finish with Rare Breed.  Those are good drinking nights.

RRSiB now for me and its pretty tasty.   Will probably end this bottle tonight. 

Nice! I've killed two RRSiB's the past few weeks. I've definitely been on a Turkey run.

Thanks for the confirmation on ending with RB when WT101 is hitting the spot. I've not made that correlation in the past.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Interesting.  I haven't had OF100 in a while.  Is this Signature?  I really like the OF profile.  

I think they took the word "Signature" off the label and it's now just called 100 proof.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Can anyone tell by the number of my posts that my wife's working tonight and I'm drinking alone?  :lol:

• I like it 2

14 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Can anyone tell by the number of my posts that my wife's working tonight and I'm drinking alone?  :lol:

The more you drink, the more you think.  At least, that's how I work.

39 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Camp Nelson F.  Wow!  This is really good!  What a nose!  Thanks @Shizzy for the recommendation...

RR SiB Moraga.jpg

I've had a few different CNF picks, but the latest one I picked up is absolutely incredible 

I know it's not bourbon but I was too lazy to go to the proper section.

I actually really like this stuff. Very fruit forward but not dark fruits. Think apples and pears. Makes a great dessert. One of the few things with Woodford on it that I like.

20200505_213245.jpg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

I think they took the word "Signature" off the label and it's now just called 100 proof.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

Camp Nelson F.  Wow!  This is really good!  What a nose!  Thanks @Shizzy for the recommendation...

RR SiB Moraga.jpg

I picked a CNF back in October that is just about to come in and it got bottled at 10yrs old. I'm super excited to get it in. Stoked to hear that you are liking yours so much.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

So any thoughts from the group on the bourbon to drink on Star Wars day today?

Sorry for the late hit…

IMG_4424.thumb.jpg.d38a302c0aeda1a144e2b38338d8c5e6.jpg

• I like it 2

Hope everyone’s having a good week.   Beginning to like the WFH Happy Hour.  

FD4F21C5-AE34-4D46-BC8E-8D495850B9C3.jpeg

I forget where @GeeTen and I discussed this, but with the mint coming in I gave it a shot with great results! The cocktail is a barrel aged Manhattan, and I have just enough left in the bottle to cover the cube a second time which is perfect. 

00B5B7E4-FC8B-44A1-8705-59CDDB999B83.jpeg

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Sometimes I love working from home!

52A25327-6E65-4E44-93F4-3477DB1A1F4E.jpeg

Are you a civil engineer?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Dessert.

CE1957E9-4D2F-4BC1-B75D-2926DB90F378.jpeg

Great minds think alike. I had already poured before reading this.

20200507_204204.jpg

• I like it 1

I’m having an after lunch pour(s) of a ps Weller FP this after noon. This bottle has been open for some time now, but I haven’t had a pour from it in a while. Dayuuuum did this one ever open up! ?  It was pretty darned good when I first opened it. Now it’s ridiculous. I’m sure glad I have a backup in the bunker ‘cause I don’t think this one is gonna be around much longer. :P  I owe ya’ one Frank. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

A wee celebratory dram. The wife and I both received pay raises + bonuses.

1F0B682E-A8BB-4EA5-A26F-C3BD0FB80295.jpeg

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 10

Picked up some OF1920 today for tonight. Had to pick up some Botanist Gin for my G&Ts (aka coronatini). I had a taste of this and a Statesman at a Delta lounge months ago. Liked the1920 but not the statesman. 

3C80F1F0-AFDA-4B11-9F2A-9F1DABCA9A20.jpeg

• I like it 3

Capping the night with a little WT101...that and EWSB have become staples for sure around here...great buck for the bang at least in these parts... ;) 

WT101_EWSB.jpg

• I like it 1

I enjoyed an Old Forrester Signature today. Good juice they don't make anymore.

• I like it 1

Speaking of OF 100...  I’ve taken up buying it by the handle, as I‘m finding the recent batches to be ‘on point’, once again.

It’s quite the development for me,  after what I felt had been a brief 4 -5 year period of decline for the brand.  

And to address what appears to be a popular question of late, I say yes... it’s still and forever will be OF Signature!

Why?

Because there’s just too much history there to overlook the fact that the signature is still on the label (yes, I’m also aware that it’s also on the 86 label, but I don’t care?)!   

Additionally, the rear label of the current  100 proof most appropriately pays homage to the origins of the brand, as well as said signature.

Beside’s, I can be a bit of a sentimental purist; but in reality, I just like to disagree with you bastards.  ?

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

Beside’s, I can be a bit of a sentimental purist; but in reality, I just like to disagree with you bastards.  ?

Well, TBT’s reign with 2020 Post of the Year was very short lived. We have a new leader in the house!  ?

• I like it 2

Thanks. I guess that means I am one of the bastards now which is a good thing!

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Thanks. I guess that means I am one of the bastards now which is a good thing!

You ARE!    ...And, it IS!!!!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.