What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Feeling more and more like Squire.  Just picked up a disappointing 7 and half year Evan Williams Single Barrel and really enjoying it!

Eons ago I was drinking every new premium that came along.  We could do that back then.  But Squire lauded the mundane.  I couldn't stand the mundane, exotic or extraordinary was what I lived for.  Now the mundane shows its qualities.  It is what it is, no pretenses.   

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Feeling more and more like Squire.  Just picked up a disappointing 7 and half year Evan Williams Single Barrel and really enjoying it!

I wish they'd bump this to 90 proof; I'd buy it regularly.  I realize I probably can't tell the tiny difference, but it's a psychological barrier for me.

• I like it 2

Last night it was some JB Repeal Batch.  For an 86 proof pour it has tons of flavor.  I think it's because it's NCF.  Followed that with some EW BIB.  Who says you have to spend tons of money to drink some quality bourbons.

• I like it 3

On 6/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Paddy said:

Bottle kill mode led me to marry 2 oz of GWFG with approx 4 oz of OFD 114 last night.  

I wasn’t really planning on that large of a pour, but It turned out that I didn’t have to get up for a refill for over 3 hours.

Harry should be proud!

#winning

Actually, 6 oz over a 3-hour period is probably half what Harry Carey drank on air during Cubs games.  Well, darn, that comparison didn't help.  Hopefully, you didn't sing "Take me out to the Ball Game" when you got up for a refill.  Fortunately, you have probably already forgot about last night. ?

Edited by mbroo5880i

18 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Wowza this pick is ???. Glad I grabbed 2.

6D5C519C-BF1F-491C-91D0-878AB2DCD25A.jpeg

Hotter than outside? Which is higher the outside temperature or the bourbon proof?

22 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Hotter than outside? Which is higher the outside temperature or the bourbon proof?

Not hot.... on fire, as in delicious

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Not hot.... on fire, as in delicious

Not everyone is hip to "fire" as being a complement as in "hot" back when we all knew what that meant.

It took me a while to figure it out as well.

• I like it 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, Paddy said:

Bottle kill mode led me to marry 2 oz of GWFG with approx 4 oz of OFD 114 last night.  

I wasn’t really planning on that large of a pour, but It turned out that I didn’t have to get up for a refill for over 3 hours.

Harry should be proud!

#winning

Paddy is on fire as of late.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Last night.

6377218A-102E-4EC3-BBB6-6414375E8C60.jpeg

And how was it???  ?

Double bacon cheeseburger from the grill and a double WT101. My kind of Friday!

050ABF68-A709-4CF0-A5F5-11133688D086.jpeg

• I like it 8

30 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Double bacon cheeseburger from the grill and a double WT101. My kind of Friday!

050ABF68-A709-4CF0-A5F5-11133688D086.jpeg

Damn I need some of that. Well done.

• I like it 1

Enjoying WT101 in a Canadian Glencairn. If you have not tried the Canadian glassware, give it a go. The open glass brings out the sweeter notes while dampening the ethanol notes.  Oh and the Bourbon ain't to bad either ;-))

Cheers

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Damn I need some of that. Well done.

My wife hates it when I take pictures of food, but sometimes I’m just too darn proud of my work NOT to.  Whiskey hit the spot too.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BigSkyDrams said:

My wife hates it when I take pictures of food, but sometimes I’m just too darn proud of my work NOT to.  Whiskey hit the spot too.

Loved the pic BigSky. Keep ‘em coming. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Enjoying WT101 in a Canadian Glencairn. If you have not tried the Canadian glassware, give it a go. The open glass brings out the sweeter notes while dampening the ethanol notes.  Oh and the Bourbon ain't to bad either ;-))

Cheers

I agree. It's perfect for ECBP and KC SiB

8 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I agree. It's perfect for ECBP and KC SiB

Yes they are.

I also like to use Vinoteque snifter glasseware for Barrel proof pours.

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Jfletchgu said:

FullSizeR(2).jpg

One of the better bourbon bargains out there. 

• I like it 1

Some EWB while listening to Town Mountain saw on a fiddle and play the banjo. 

20200613_200350.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.