What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I read this and thought no chance, he crazy.  Had another pour myself and maybe it’s the power of suggestion, but I get it. Hints on both the nose and palate.  Specifically those red/white individually wrapped peppermints that are often by the register at fancy restaurants. 

I'm still crazy, but yeah.  Brach's peppermints, Starlite mints, whatever you want to call them.  The red/white round ones that we so commonly know.

?

Before I said this, what did you taste from it?

The bottle from my local has a sweet syrup flavor profile.  I don't get much of the peppermint candy from it at all.

Not really maple syrup though.  It's hard to describe.

22 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Some vanilla infused VOB. This is well done with a good amount of vanilla (obviously) that pairs with the slightly sweet banana notes. A bit one dimensional, but to be expected. I also think the heavy vanilla helps smooth out what I know can be a slightly harsh finish. 

Will be making the rest into a old fashioned shortly. That’s gonna be gooooood

979339ED-FDFF-40E4-A157-40AEA6919602.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed it.

One dimensional yes, but its the best dimension.... the banana cream pie dimension!

LMK how that cocktail turns out.

:)

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

I'm still crazy, but yeah.  

But you are OUR kind of crazy.

• I like it 1

Had our 5th anniversary dinner tonight, and decided to pour myself a little liquid celebration for desert after we arrived back home. The pour is almost as good as the meal was. 

A0926F14-479E-4330-A105-AE0ED1E59A7C.jpeg

• I like it 9

24 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Had our 5th anniversary dinner tonight, and decided to pour myself a little liquid celebration for desert after we arrived back home. The pour is almost as good as the meal was. 

Cheers and Happy Anniversary! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

A0926F14-479E-4330-A105-AE0ED1E59A7C.jpeg

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers and Happy Anniversary! 

Biba! Joe

Nothing swells the heart of our local Weller whore than the sight of BT wheated mashbill being consumed. And happy anniversary to you!

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

One dimensional yes, but its the best dimension.... the banana cream pie dimension!

LMK how that cocktail turns out.

:)

Allegedly it was fantastic.  The wife claimed it right away.  "Ohhh a  cocktail, don't you have enough other bourbon to drink??"  10 seconds of thinking of a satisfactory answer while she looks on knowingly. . . [backs away slowly] Yes, yes I do.  Carry on. :) 

• I like it 3

Enjoyed the newly cracked OESQ earlier l, but the high proof was starting to get to me after tonight's quite spicy Texmex dinner with jalapenos. 

So I'm backing off the 4R and just poured some RY10 single barrel. Yep that's going to work better now.

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Enjoyed the newly cracked OESQ earlier l, but the high proof was starting to get to me after tonight's quite spicy Texmex dinner with jalapenos. 

So I'm backing off the 4R and just poured some RY10 single barrel. Yep that's going to work better now.

Options, the advantage of a varied 

Bunker.  ?

Cheers

• I like it 1

My son and I had pours from the Barrell Bourbon expressions Friday night.  Last night we started with EHTSmB as I wondered why we weren't getting into the FRSmBS.  We got there

Like a good book or film, that 14yo BB has me still thinking about it.

0531201549_HDR.jpg

Edited by dean_martin
Sp
  • I like it 1

Enjoying  a pour of MMCS.  The local county stores have had it a a really good price, so I stocked up. 

Decided to follow the Saffell with a nice RR private barrel pick from rickhouse A.  It's real close, but not quite what the Saffell is.

• I like it 1

Started with some OWA and following up with some SB blend that's been in the decanter for a couple months. 

• I like it 2

Pours from Saturday. Decided to match my hat with the second one.

4CAEA4F9-559C-4289-9DA4-DFD48F60A095.jpeg

A55643B5-4BED-4839-948F-7288C2DF4FD5.jpeg

• I like it 2

Went with some Fighting Cock this evening.  I think my pallette is a little off.  Not quite as spicy as I recall.   Poured at little Dant to check that and even that wasn't right.  Probably something I ate.

Having pours of a couple Binny's picks - an ER & an EC. 5 of the Binny's got badly looted over the weekend. Also saw a couple pix of Warehouse Liquors in the South Loop, & its badly damaged.

8 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Having pours of a couple Binny's picks - an ER & an EC. 5 of the Binny's got badly looted over the weekend. Also saw a couple pix of Warehouse Liquors in the South Loop, & its badly damaged.

Do we need to start a “Here’s what I looted this weekend” thread? ?

23 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

I at least hope the looters didn't think to look "under the counter" or "in the manager's office"... 

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

pix of Warehouse liquors

FB_IMG_1591111821437.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111881153.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111847746.jpg

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

pix of Warehouse liquors

FB_IMG_1591111821437.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111881153.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111847746.jpg

Sad to see; but not particularly surprising given the near constant lawlessness in so much of the windy City.       If I owned this store, I'd strongly consider removing my business entirely, to some neighborhood less likely to experience this sort of vandalism.   No idea where that might be, however.

2 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

pix of Warehouse liquors

FB_IMG_1591111821437.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111881153.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111847746.jpg

Dang!  I hope the bottles on the top shelves that appear to have survived are truly “top shelf worthy”.......?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.