What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Significant (and expected) oak influence, and nicely proofed. Extremely dry and getting drier by the minute.

IMG_4603.thumb.jpg.dfa087e3a4cb701f8384d0a750fd2268.jpg

Nice! I can't wait till this hits the shelves in my area. Great juice, beautiful bottle, and the cork is heavy enough to double as a weapon in a pinch.

• I like it 1

Had some FR this afternoon. Tried Grandpa Weller Four Grain a bit later The GWFG seemed a bit hot, so I added some FR to it. Hmmmmm. :P It was good enough that I'm having nice pour of the same vatting as a night cap this evening. :D I'll try this again in a few days, and if it's still as good, I might have to mix up a batch. ;)

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

• I like it 2

I enjoyed these earlier.  Very different in profiles, as to be expected. I think, I have to be in a particular mood for each to get the most out the pours. 

Cheers

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

• I like it 1

Baby Saz and some ER10.  Recently got 5 bottles ER10 and a baby Saz.  Had I been thinking I'd have grabbed more Saz.  Years ago VA didn't sell Saz or Weller 12 so I'd grab some good stuff whenever I went to Tennessee.  I worked for state and had to go to Bristol couple times a year and would always go across border for interesting stuff.  The Virginia Tennessee border went right down the middle of Bristol main street, aptly called State Street.  Here's the problem.  I was expected to drive a state car, but I just pictured the excuse letter I'd have to write to the governor if I was in a wreck out of state while driving a state car (law enforcement licensed) without permission with a trunk load of whiskey.  I'm fraidy cat so always drove personal car.  So short story long, I'm enjoying the baby saz tonight along with memories.

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Very good chance this gets killed tonight.

IMG_0208.jpg

We are all rooting for this outcome. Don't let us down!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Baby Saz and some ER10.  Recently got 5 bottles ER10 and a baby Saz.  Had I been thinking I'd have grabbed more Saz.  Years ago VA didn't sell Saz or Weller 12 so I'd grab some good stuff whenever I went to Tennessee.  I worked for state and had to go to Bristol couple times a year and would always go across border for interesting stuff.  The Virginia Tennessee border went right down the middle of Bristol main street, aptly called State Street.  Here's the problem.  I was expected to drive a state car, but I just pictured the excuse letter I'd have to write to the governor if I was in a wreck out of state while driving a state car (law enforcement licensed) without permission with a trunk load of whiskey.  I'm fraidy cat so always drove personal car.  So short story long, I'm enjoying the baby saz tonight along with memories.

Ha!  Nice story, BB.  The Tri-Cities area was good dusty hunting for many years, as well as good for current bottles that were hard to find at home, here in Georgia.  Still, some very good stores in the area, that I always stop in while in the area.  I’m looking forward to things clearing out so I can get back on the road again.  First trip will be that direction. We can’t live on memories forever.  But, nice nonetheless!  

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Always remember this.  If we’re not talking about capital or moral

offenses, then IT’S NOT ILLEGAL IF YOU DON’T GET CAUGHT!

• I like it 1

GBS ETL tonight. Still an amazing whiskey!

• I like it 2

I was whipping up on a bottle of SAOS 8-year rye when I realized the weekend was almost over and I should end it drinking bourbon.  Nice pour of ECBP A120 to finish off the weekend.

• I like it 1

I got out the OGD BIB.  Tonight is one of those nights it hits my palate just right.

• I like it 1

Daughter #2 hit Beantown yesterday looking at homes in the area (sans grandkids) and stayed at our house O-nite.  Did some prime sirloin strip steaks on the barbie with stir-fried veggies - sipped on a wee dram of FRSmBS while cooking.  Yummo as always!  Had a fabulous 2010 Ch. Leoville Barton with dinner - SWMBO said I only snored for the first hour or so after going to bed.   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

SWMBO said I only snored for the first hour or so after going to bed.   ?

Is that considered an improvement?

?  ?

• I like it 2

Friday I made a small amount of 1915 and yesterday after finishing up working for the day on the tree removal in my backyard I decided it was what I wanted to drink. It was very good, I was able to distinguish the separate components but the blend was very enjoyable and I will be mixing up some more of it in the future.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, parksmart said:

Is that considered an improvement?

?  ?

Based on other nights drinking great bourbon and fine bordeaux, YES!  ?

• I like it 1

A0A40291-D02E-4709-88A4-DD88B5F6F1E3.thumb.jpeg.199abb2c2f5bcad3f89b9c4c6f129c29.jpeg

Celebrating the end of the Covid-19 lockdown in my area with a legend

• I like it 5

22 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha!  Nice story, BB.  The Tri-Cities area was good dusty hunting for many years, as well as good for current bottles that were hard to find at home, here in Georgia.  Still, some very good stores in the area, that I always stop in while in the area.  I’m looking forward to things clearing out so I can get back on the road again.  First trip will be that direction. We can’t live on memories forever.  But, nice nonetheless!  

many years past, I went into a shabby Bristol Tennessee store, 3 different Parkers right there on the shelf at reasonable retail price.  The good old days.

16 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Had a fabulous 2010 Ch. Leoville Barton with dinner

Damn. Bringing out a mighty big gun there.

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Damn. Bringing out a mighty big gun there.

This Covid-19 lockdown makes me do very strange things lately - gotta' drink down the cellar and bunker before the nuclear cloud hits!   ?

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

This Covid-19 lockdown makes me do very strange things lately - gotta' drink down the cellar and bunker before the nuclear cloud hits!   ?

HA!   A laudable goal, Gee; but, with the given quantities involved, maybe a hopeless quest.... Hashtag "tilting at windmills" ....   Heee-Heeeeeeee!

12 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

many years past, I went into a shabby Bristol Tennessee store, 3 different Parkers right there on the shelf at reasonable retail price.  The good old days.

I would say so. There is a fine establishment on the Volunteer Parkway that would love to sell you the latest Parkers release at the tune of $599 if I'm remembering correctly. They have some astronomical pricing on everything behind the counter to the point I just stopped going in to even look anymore. 

Bottle kill mode led me to marry 2 oz of GWFG with approx 4 oz of OFD 114 last night.  

I wasn’t really planning on that large of a pour, but It turned out that I didn’t have to get up for a refill for over 3 hours.

Harry should be proud!

#winning

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.