What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

28 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Some EWB while listening to Town Mountain saw on a fiddle and play the banjo. 

20200613_200350.jpg

Bluegrass and Bourbon!

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Bluegrass and Bourbon!

Yessir! My version of absolute serenity. 

• I like it 1

This is a nice blend I’ve been doing lately, 2/3 FP and 1/3 12y. Nice...

6FFC5F60-8173-4850-9A5F-33A68047506B.thumb.jpeg.41f8cef9c147cde935d313740889ae78.jpeg

• I like it 1

Discovered something new - OGD BIB but in a WINE GLASS!! while watching Airplane 2, The Sequel.  I think I better get a case or two of this stuff.  A bottle only lasts about a week at best.  I wonder where it goes??

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Discovered something new - OGD BIB but in a WINE GLASS!! while watching Airplane 2, The Sequel.  I think I better get a case or two of this stuff.  A bottle only lasts about a week at best.  I wonder where it goes??

Evaporates in your belly?

• I like it 1

I too found some OGD114 sitting on some slow melting lg. cubes. Been a while and I don't know why? YUM.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

I'm visiting with my old friend JW Dant.

Tell him I said hello

• I like it 2

Started with a Larceny store pick barrel. Then just poured some Weller 12. Both are enjoyable but the W12, ... well, the cotton candy note... it's just not a fair fight. ?

• I like it 6

Having some Willett Pot Still single barrel this evening. Still no cardboard for me. But, I do detect earth tones, you might even say Barnyard. But it is balanced with a heavy dose of Rye  pepper spice. 

Cheers

4 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Some EWB while listening to Town Mountain saw on a fiddle and play the banjo. 

20200613_200350.jpg

Beautiful yard you have there. 

• I like it 1

Finishing out the evening with RRSiB.  Hard to beat. In another thread, I spoke about other choices of Bourbon for $50 that are superior to HMcK10, RRSIB certainly fits into that category. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

At the beach house this weekend and getting ready to walk on out and watch the sun rise.    Priming my senses with a Johnny Drum Private Stock.   

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Beautiful yard you have there. 

Thanks, @Wedelstaedt

Your Friday post about the Canadian Glencairn helped with my decision to choose it last night. Cheers for that. 

• I like it 1

Last night was some 1792 FP followed by the last of a bottle of WTKS.  Not to worry, the empty has been immediately replaced.

• I like it 1

Last night was Early Times BiB,
followed by ‘18 OFBB, BT store pick, Woodford wheat, and some Rossville rye.

Here’s one pic that turned out ok.

?

6A15D154-0ECD-4CC7-9CEA-672467152F86.jpeg

Been away for a bit,  Very busy.  Put up a gazebo on our RV site.  Got it done in 8 hours but there were 6 of us including a Master Carpenter.  This is a Yardistry product from Costco.  Very happy with it. Surprisingly Sturdy.  Finally got DirecTV out to hook up my outside TV so I watched the race this weekend.

Having a bit of Willet Pot Still tonight as we are back home from the RV for a few days.

7859FC7D-46BC-4AAB-AF08-DBC3491E2073.jpeg

9A971BC5-FE54-4BC3-8164-26ADB9057F1E.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Been away for a bit,  Very busy.  Put up a gazebo on our RV site.  Got it done in 8 hours but there were 6 of us including a Master Carpenter.  This is a Yardistry product from Costco.  Very happy with it. Surprisingly Sturdy.  Finally got DirecTV out to hook up my outside TV so I watched the race this weekend.

Having a bit of Willet Pot Still tonight as we are back home from the RV for a few days.

7859FC7D-46BC-4AAB-AF08-DBC3491E2073.jpeg

9A971BC5-FE54-4BC3-8164-26ADB9057F1E.jpeg

Nice!  I’ve been tempted to get one of those for a few years now.  They do look sturdy.  Looks like a great setup you have to enjoy the outdoors, while also keeping the elements  that pop up from Raining you out.  Cheers!

For national bourbon day yesterday. Finished this CEHT SmB while grilling some ribs and then some MM RC6 out on the deck after the kids went down.

3B97F7FF-67E4-4212-9C1E-704E81D18BEB.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, GeeTen said:

And how was it???  ?

I’m liking it. I get a nice tobacco note on the finish  which I love as I’m a cigar smoker.

Opened up and enjoyed a 1975 OGD 86p last night after grilling for a couple of friends. Neither of them usually take their bourbon neat, but their comments included "no rough edges" and "caramel," and I agree. 

IMG_20200614_201607.thumb.jpg.b0efa4fc834847c24b14c7d54f17b5db.jpg

IMG_20200615_153406.thumb.jpg.4a85be7b2fdd4be598192ec1d137e73d.jpg

• I like it 7

I opened this 2 yrs ago in Btown, and probably haven't hit it in more than a year. It is the only FR that I have ever had a drink of that has distinct butterscotch note. Truly delicious. 

20200615_202934.jpg

• I like it 7

Started last night with ET BiB as a palate calibrator and because I just love it, now I find out this morning that its been sold to Sazerac, NOT HAPPY, NOT AT ALL!! I now need to go out and acquire some more as I only have the one. Followed up with OF rye and the local ASW Resurgens rye, the ASW was the winner between those two.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.