What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

pix of Warehouse liquors

FB_IMG_1591111821437.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111881153.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111847746.jpg

I guess the looters really don't like Weller 12.  I see a half full bottle left on the counter in the first photo.  In the second photo someone spray painted something about 12 by the front door.  Maybe they felt it has been over hyped in social media.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Sad to see; but not particularly surprising given the near constant lawlessness in so much of the windy City.       If I owned this store, I'd strongly consider removing my business entirely, to some neighborhood less likely to experience this sort of vandalism.   No idea where that might be, however.

Greenwood Indiana

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

pix of Warehouse liquors

FB_IMG_1591111821437.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111881153.jpg

FB_IMG_1591111847746.jpg

As a business owner of 24 years, this is sad to see.  

• I like it 5

42 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Very sad, indeed. This was a fantastic dusty indie Scotch shop— it was a long walk from my hotel, but I always came away with a couple of gems. 

• I like it 4

A little gallows humor on my part, but it makes me feel bad to see this sort of thing too.

The most well stocked store in downtown Indianapolis met a similar fate.

I'm having some J.W. Dant.

Well, not "today"; but yesterday; having had double oral surgery in the morning, I sought relief (as the novacaine wore off) from a bottle of Jack Daniel's SB, BP.    Throughout the midday, afternoon and evening I put a noticeable dent in both the contents of that bottle and my discomfort level.    Using it truly as a 'medicinal' beverage in this case, I did not actually enjoy it all that much; but was as satisfied as I expected I would be.

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Yikes.  Get well soon, sir!

Ditto!

Biba! Joe

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

I guess the looters really don't like Weller 12.  I see a half full bottle left on the counter in the first photo.  In the second photo someone spray painted something about 12 by the front door.  Maybe they felt it has been over hyped in social media.

I bet all the remy and courvosier is gone.....

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Well, not "today"; but yesterday; having had double oral surgery in the morning, I sought relief (as the novacaine wore off) from a bottle of Jack Daniel's SB, BP.    Throughout the midday, afternoon and evening I put a noticeable dent in both the contents of that bottle and my discomfort level.    Using it truly as a 'medicinal' beverage in this case, I did not actually enjoy it all that much; but was as satisfied as I expected I would be.

I quite literally feel your pain! Had a root canal Tuesday last week and then yesterday got fitted for a crown which involved more Novocain and grinding. I also self medicated last night but unfortunately kept tasting whatever bonding agent they used for the temporary crown.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

I also self medicated last night but unfortunately kept tasting whatever bonding agent they used for the temporary crown.

Malort would've rectified that issue ?

• I like it 4

Celebrating 19th anniversay tonight. Got a flight at a local restaurant with a great selection. They had the boubons divided into 3 tiers. A "first class" flight of 3 was $44. The GTS and RHF wasn't on the list you could chose from, but the bartender was nice enough to hook me up when i saw them and enquired.

IMG_20200603_190226_407.jpg

• I like it 5

On 6/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, PaulO said:

Actually , “F§…k 12” is street  slang for F§…k police, in particular, narcotics officers.    Purely social comment from someone.  

14 minutes ago, GTStagg said:

Celebrating 19th anniversay tonight. Got a flight at a local restaurant with a great selection. They had the boubons divided into 3 tiers. A "first class" flight of 3 was $44. The GTS and RHF wasn't on the list you could chose from, but the bartender was nice enough to hook me up when i saw them and enquired.

Happy Anniversary!    Hope you enjoyed the “flight”.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Malort would've rectified that issue ?

LOL! Based on the descriptions I've seen from you guys the bonding agent taste would have improved things!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Happy Anniversary!    Hope you enjoyed the “flight”.

+1 ?

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, GTStagg said:

Duck, duck, goose! - RHF (BT), GTS (BT), Booker's (JB)?!  What a great combo - Happy Anniversary.   ?

• I like it 1

Poured one or five..... out of this bottle. Hopefully they’ll be back up and running sooner than later

FF04E315-29CC-4369-BF8E-0D87C3C6DC9E.jpeg

14 hours ago, markandrex said:

Actually , “F§…k 12” is street  slang for F§…k police, in particular, narcotics officers.    Purely social comment from someone.  

Well F*$K ANYBODY that thinks that is OK!!!!!!!!!! That's not a message,  not a protest, its a crime, plain and simple.

• I like it 2

On 6/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, LCWoody said:

Well F*$K ANYBODY that thinks that is OK!!!!!!!!!! That's not a message,  not a protest, its a crime, plain and simple. This is where I meant to post this though I don't condone vandalism either.

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Duck, duck, goose! - RHF (BT), GTS (BT), Booker's (JB)?!  What a great combo - Happy Anniversary.   ?

Lol, after quickly deciding on the RHF and GTS, I struggled to decide on the third in the flight as I had many of the remaining higher end offerings in my collection. I was really hoping they would have a Wild Turkey MK or another BTAC.  I missed out on getting the 2018-04 Kitchen Table and was glad I selected it.

The Goetze’s Caramel Creams note is absolutely screaming from my pour of Early Times BIB, right now.  Holy Moly, is it fantastic.  

?

• I like it 4

Having some JDSBBP. About halfway through the bottle and the banana note is really coming out, but more akin to bananas foster, which i'm digging. Have been proofing it down from 131.4 to right around 110ish and it's great.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.