What Bourbon Did You Pass On Spring/Summer 2020?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

WOW - 5X MSRP - is it just me, or is CEHT getting some sort of halo right now that is translating to wacky pricing?

Jut insane.

But it comes with a tube, so it's worth it!

:)

• I like it 1

over the weekend I passed on a bottle of WSR for $37. It was worth it when it was under/around $20, but now with the higher prices seen everywhere I just pass.

• I like it 2

If I wasn’t flying I would have scooped some up. This was a hard pass for me. 

27.90 otd tax free

591F00D8-4F98-4D57-822D-764FF5841984.jpeg

• I like it 9

10 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

27.90 otd tax free

The best value going in bourbon at that price right there

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

27.90 otd tax free

At that price, it would have paid to ship it home by Fed Ex

• I like it 1

Recently passed on 1792 BiB for $45. I like it, have a handful bunkered. But $45?!?  Not hardly. 

I'm starting to dislike all things Sazerac. It is not their fault, just Taterville. Still....

Cheers

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Recently passed on 1792 BiB for $45. I like it, have a handful bunkered. But $45?!?  Not hardly. 

I'm starting to dislike all things Sazerac. It is not their fault, just Taterville. Still....

Cheers

Every once in awhile my mind goes to that place.

When it does, I usually pour a glass of regular old shelf stock BT or 1792SmB and remember that I don’t actually “need” all those other offerings.

• I like it 2

On 7/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, Not_That_Fancy said:

27.90 otd tax free

"Beep-beep-beep"  I'm backing up the truck.

• I like it 4

Today I noticed Yellowstone 93 proof distilled and bottled in KY $29.  I thought it was much more expensive recently, or maybe it's a different version.

I've also been seeing Belle Meade Small Batch 90.2 proof distilled in IN $39.

Then I saw MMCS $34.  Yeah, may go back for that.

• I like it 2

That's a good deal for Yellowstone - I really like it as an everyday drinker

11 hours ago, geclbxf said:

That's a good deal for Yellowstone - I really like it as an everyday drinker

What would you compare it to.  I believe it's sourced from somewhere in KY.  It may even have more than one source for all I know.

7 hours ago, PaulO said:

What would you compare it to.  I believe it's sourced from somewhere in KY.  It may even have more than one source for all I know.

I like it because it tastes like a high rye bourbon for me.  Reminds me a bit of a higher proof Basil Hayden.   It has also tasted like OGD to me as well on other tries.  

Luxco is the parent company.  So wherever they are sourcing from, but I am not sure the origin.

• I like it 1

Yellowstone is distilled at the Limestone Branch Distillery in Lebanon Ky. In 2015, Luxco purchased a 50% share of Limestone Branch. It has been a joint venture between the two since then. 

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yellowstone is distilled at the Limestone Branch Distillery in Lebanon Ky. In 2015, Luxco purchased a 50% share of Limestone Branch. It has been a joint venture between the two since then. 

Biba! Joe

What do you know of minor case? I've thought about trying it against my local sagamore port finish, as both have mgp base at the moment

16 minutes ago, Mattk said:

What do you know of minor case? I've thought about trying it against my local sagamore port finish, as both have mgp base at the moment

Nada. I haven’t seen a bottle, or had a taste.

Biba! Joe

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I don't know if anything they are making is old enough to bottle yet.

My impression was it was one of these - sourced until our own is ready.  That doesn't mean it's good or bad.

In the recent past, I saw Minor Case Rye in a grocery store.  It's a beautiful package.  I forget the exact price, but I remember it was really high. ?

Minor Case Rye is one I like. I can find it for $39.99. The finish is extremely subtle but really helps out the 2 yr rye. I have been a fan since it first came out.

But the regular yellowstone 93.. not a fan

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

Passed on the Little Book, Chapter 3 for 120 bucks today.  But it's weighing heavy on my mind.

54 minutes ago, scratchline said:

Passed on the Little Book, Chapter 3 for 120 bucks today.  But it's weighing heavy on my mind.

I dont know if I could pass. Yes it’s a little secondary but not considered a tater by any means. A year or so, you’ll be kicking yourself I believe 

Edited by Not_That_Fancy

1 hour ago, scratchline said:

"If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.

It's up to you, New York, New York."

Just don't try to make your buy in Midtown, yet.   ?

On 5/19/2020 at 8:30 PM, flahute said:

I passed on WT101 but not by choice. I can't find it. I don't want to start a "what can't you find due to quarantine hoarding?" thread so this is the next closest thread for this.

2 out of the last 3 times I went looking for WT101 it was sold out. I've read that quarantine hoarding has been skewed towards more dependable and affordable staples in the liquor aisle so that could explain it.

Or, it's the apocalypse. 

I wish I could trade you some WT101 which is readily available here for some ETBIB that was never distributed to CA but seems available in WA.

1 hour ago, IamMatt said:

I wish I could trade you some WT101 which is readily available here for some ETBIB that was never distributed to CA but seems available in WA.

I am happy to report that the WT101 shortage was short lived so I'm stocked up again.

I didn't know that ETBIB is not in CA. I'm sure you could find on online retailer that will ship to you but the shipping costs would of course negate the value proposition that is one of the reasons why ETBIB is desirable.

5 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I dont know if I could pass. Yes it’s a little secondary but not considered a tater by any means. A year or so, you’ll be kicking yourself I believe 

It's doing £320 at auction over here...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.