What Bourbon Did You Pass On Spring/Summer 2020?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You stop at the Payless at Emerson and Thompson?;) On my trips to Bardstown, I sometimes stop at Emerson & 465 to take a break and eat. I’ve stopped at that store a few times. Bought a bottle or three also. ?

Biba! Joe

Joe, on the West side of Emerson, South of 465 is a great Asian restaurant - Egg Roll #1.

They have the standard Chinese, plus Viet & Thai.  

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I passed on the entire Benchmark lineup.  A local store advertised the 5 bottles - Top Floor, Bonded, Full Proof, Single Barrel and I believe Small Batch.  Each was less than $20 except the Single Barrel.

Any reason why?  Benchmark is a great value and the fact that you have the entire lineup available to you is incredible.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Any reason why?  Benchmark is a great value and the fact that you have the entire lineup available to you is incredible.

Wrong side of town.  The Full Proof and Bonded sound interesting.  If they start offering it with wider distribution in Indy, I will opt to try a couple. It was interesting that they have the entire lineup.

Long story short, passed on a KC12 @ $56.99 at Schnucks this afternoon.

Biba! Joe

work was shut down this morning due to looting downtown so I made a day and stopped at a store i havent been in since they opened.  EC B520, they had 1 case on the shelf and found another full case at the end of the aisle..... at least i know where its at. 

Passed on some early versions of WT81.  2011 and thereabouts isn’t quite dusty enough to take the plunge......

On 8/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, TehRegion219 said:

work was shut down this morning due to looting downtown so I made a day and stopped at a store i havent been in since they opened.  EC B520, they had 1 case on the shelf and found another full case at the end of the aisle..... at least i know where its at. 

Where is work?

Last week, I was at a grocery store.  They had a private selection of 1792 FP @ $40.  I thought about it.  I was back yesterday, for groceries.  I had to check.  They were all gone.

I have learned in my 65 years that I always regret the times I didn't buy much more than the times I did buy. 

• I like it 5

14 hours ago, parksmart said:

Passed on some early versions of WT81.  2011 and thereabouts isn’t quite dusty enough to take the plunge......

Unless it was overpriced, I would have picked that up.  I had WT81 in a bar about ten years ago and I remember being pleasantly surprised by the amount of rich caramel flavor.  

I passed on a shelf of ECBP. Not that it is super notable to pass on ECBP, as it is fairly consistently available now. But this pace had it for $49.99 which I think is the best price I have seen on it for a while. What are others seeing ECBP for these days?

35 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

I passed on a shelf of ECBP. Not that it is super notable to pass on ECBP, as it is fairly consistently available now. But this pace had it for $49.99 which I think is the best price I have seen on it for a while. What are others seeing ECBP for these days?

When I see it here, which is basically never, it is $100. MN definitely gets a lot more ECBP than we do. 

On 6/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, Richdel said:

The more I look, the more I find when it comes to ECBP.   

Apparently, there is no ECBP A120 or B520 to be found in my area.  However, I have found a couple of stores that have a few B519 and (more then a few) C919 at local msrp.   I already have two of the C919, I may grab another since the first tasting was so good.  Wondering if anyone here thought the B519 was stellar.  Online reviews have been from meh to must buy.

Also, CEHT Single Barrel and Single Barrel BiB at 84,99 otd.  I have never tried any of the CEHT line, but have read mostly good things about CEHT SB, SiB, and Barrel Proof.  Wasn't sure about pricing, so even though I was very intrigued, I walked away.  But not without finding out that they hadn't sold one of the CEHT SiB since the beginning of February 2020.  There were 3 of them there, so I felt like I could walk away and maybe come back at a later tie and not be disappointed.

my opinion is biased, but I’ve never had a single barrel EH Taylor that was better than the small batch.

Ive stopped buying them (single barrel), regardless of price.  Im done choking that ish down.

Small batch abd 4 grain are my favorites from the Taylor line.

Passed on a er10 at 50 bucks and a blantons at 130. Also passed on several eht small batch at 67, i did pick up 2 as that is about the cheapest price around.

5 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I believe you just made a bunch of people cry.  I occasionally see it in Indy for $62,99.  If I buy 6 bottles (wine and spirits), the price drops to $53.54.  Most retailers offer it for $69.99 to $79,99.

• I like it 1

I passed on KC12 at $54.99.  Not a bad price given that I rarely see KCSB PS or even KC9.  I am not in the buying mode right now unless I run across something special.  If they still have some in a few weeks, I might pick one up.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Passed on a er10 at 50 bucks and a blantons at 130. Also passed on several eht small batch at 67, i did pick up 2 as that is about the cheapest price around.

Blanton's at $130?! ? ? EHT sb, everytime I have tasted it next to other products always falls short for me. Last i paid for it in my area was $45, and that was the last time I'm buying it. For $60 range there are much better readily available bourbon's IMO

Edited by liquidbarrels

adding to the problem... Kenny’s in new Smyrna beach fl.  on the north causeway. 44 for a liter of BT, 100 for ECBP, HMkenna 10 60, etc...pass.....  #gougerguy✌?

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Tulse said:

Handy in the wild.  Hard pass. 

Settled on BT for $19.98.

IMG_7782.jpg

Oh my!

Im not saying it’s worth it, but 2017 THH is really darn good.

WLW & THH that year we’re some of the best ever, IMO...

• I like it 1

Not so much passed as missed out on. Local Sam's had Old Fo 86 1.75's for $6.51! Sold out as soon as word got around.

FB_IMG_1597375313624.jpg

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Not so much passed as missed out on. Local Sam's had Old Fo 86 1.75's for $6.51! Sold out as soon as word got around.

FB_IMG_1597375313624.jpg

That’s unreal. Even for a mixer that’s legendary.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.