What Bourbon Did You Pass On Spring/Summer 2020?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

I am happy to report that the WT101 shortage was short lived so I'm stocked up again.

Free at last! My last 1.75 now laying in the recycle bin, so I'll crack a new one tonight and toast your good fortune. Every trip to the LS the handle keeps creeping higher. From $34.99-$38.99 in dollar increments about every 4 months. Got 3 plus the 6box in the bunker. If I wait to run out it will be $44 :).

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

Free at last! My last 1.75 now laying in the recycle bin, so I'll crack a new one tonight and toast your good fortune. Every trip to the LS the handle keeps creeping higher. From $34.99-$38.99 in dollar increments about every 4 months. Got 3 plus the 6box in the bunker. If I wait to run out it will be $44 :).

Lol $44, that’s what it is on sale over here. Wish I had that kind of pricing.

Went into a little place off I65 to see if they had anything interesting sitting around.  They had a few things  behind the counter.
 I had to ask on the Weller FP non SP,  $589.99.  At that point, I didn’t ask about anything else.

As I walked out the clerk was telling me that  the going rate on it was $800.  

“Not in my world friend “is all I said as I left, never to return.

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 6

Passed on another Lil Book Chap 3 today.  This one was at 131.00.   Fate seems to have cast me into a snarled knot of Roads Home.  But I'm so pleased with all the KC single barrels I've picked up at 50 bucks around here that it's hard to make the leap to a better-than-double-the-price blend.  Covid is long though and time weighs heavy.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, scratchline said:

Passed on another Lil Book Chap 3 today.  This one was at 131.00.   Fate seems to have cast me into a snarled knot of Roads Home.  But I'm so pleased with all the KC single barrels I've picked up at 50 bucks around here that it's hard to make the leap to a better-than-double-the-price blend.  Covid is long though and time weighs heavy.

For what it's worth, my LB3 is gone, and really wish I would have bought another (at that price) - when I had the chance.   Really like that stuff.

I stopped in at store on the way home from pt. My main goal was to thank the manager again, and in person for a favor he did for me and my son a while back ( Retirement bottle for Gary)  He wasn’t there, but I had to take a look and see what was there. I wasn’t really planning on buying anything, so I passed on everything. One thing I noticed was an empty spot in the locked case. The Little Book Chapter 2 that had been in there for months and months was gone. I guess someone finally ponied up the $199.00 asking price.

I haven't even finished my LB3 but wish I had bought more it's that good lol.  I have 2 cases of the stuff in my basement waiting for @The Black Tot if this virus ever ends...

• I like it 1

On that note I've been bunkering the LB2s, last one I bought was $120, got my eye on another at $140. But I definitely passed on the one I saw the other day for $200

Passing on "Smoke Wagon" bottles, the latest MGP craze that has hit in my neck of the woods. Local FB group is all in a tizzy. Hell I guess I shouldn't say anything since I have the luxury of a bunker full of classic SAOS single barrels. Embarrassment of riches in comparison 

31 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Hell I guess I shouldn't say anything since I have the luxury of a bunker full of classic SAOS single barrels. Embarrassment of riches in comparison 

Amen Brother!

Some of my friends made severe fun of me for bunkering those at $50 each.

Now Im turning down cash offers per bottle, from those same friends.

Edited by 0895

28 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Amen Brother!

Some of my friends made severe fun of me for bunkering those at $50 each.

Now Im turning down cash offers per bottle, from those same friends.

Hah. Yes indeed it turned out to be a very wise decision, right?  For once I got ahead of the curve of something myself! 

• I like it 1

Jim Beam Distillers Cut $25. Bakers wax top $42 (wasnt it always $36 before it went to $59)?  Been hunting for the distillers cut like crazy. I feel pretty confident it will be there next month. 

What a gorgeous sight today in a store here in SE Texas... toooo bad they wanted insane prices.

I talked myself out of the WFP Harlem Wheatley pick at $399. I’ll be honest I almost flipped a coin to make my decision 

E4C5A2C5-74E8-4AF9-8CC6-DE3BB56BCF43.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I talked myself out of the WFP Harlem Wheatley pick at $399. I’ll be honest I almost flipped a coin to make my decision 

E4C5A2C5-74E8-4AF9-8CC6-DE3BB56BCF43.jpeg

Good choice, that would have been a dumb purchase 

• I like it 3

This is really kind of a snarky post......

I continue to pass on anything SOURCED. Y'all can F it unless you sell at a reasonable price. Which is rare.

• I like it 3

On 7/29/2020 at 12:44 AM, flahute said:

This is really kind of a snarky post......

I continue to pass on anything SOURCED. Y'all can F it unless you sell at a reasonable price. Which is rare.

Willett drinkers say what?

?

Massive amount of Orphan Barrel selections around here.  It just doesn’t pique my interest enough to pull the trigger.

Just now, markandrex said:

Massive amount of Orphan Barrel selections around here.  It just doesn’t pique my interest enough to pull the trigger.

Barter house is a pretty solid pour, if you’re into oaky stuff.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Willett drinkers say what?

?

Ha! Guilty as charged. My last purchase of sourced WFE was our 16yr old charity barrel that we selected so that was kind of special and an exception. Anything WFE sourced that comes on the market now is so insanely priced that it's a hard pass. It literally makes our barrel look cheap.

I came across a Remus Volstead this week. I thought these were largely gone, and I’ve also heard pretty good reviews on it. But I never bought one as I thought the price was steep unless I found a way to try it first. I might have to pull the trigger if it is still there the next time I go to that place.....

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I came across a Remus Volstead this week. I thought these were largely gone, and I’ve also heard pretty good reviews on it. But I never bought one as I thought the price was steep unless I found a way to try it first. I might have to pull the trigger if it is still there the next time I go to that place.....

The price is painful, but if you like MGP and feel like treating yourself, I think you’ll be delighted.

I was in the same boat as you, and luckily got to sample it before they were all gone from shelves.

Nm, both sold out.

Edited by PhantomLamb
Sold out

Passed on Henry McKenna 10yr at $70. First time I've seen it in awhile, but too steep for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.