What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

No I wouldn’t, just had to throw that out there for some stabs. I tried and enjoyed the 2018 Shenks last year. The only things I buy multiple of is things I really enjoy,  the price is toooooo good and I’ll consume it over time, Or things my fellow bourbon brothers Can’t get and I trade with them. 

Currently the on base shop has RR10 at 19.99 and 15% off by the case. Tax free on top of that. So I’ll likely add 6 more to the bunker this week. They also have cases of it sitting there and it doesn’t move well around here.

Back when I was in the Army, I didn't really drink much hard liquor. I drank my fair share of beer though. Ya gotta love a Class Six store. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Back when I was in the Army, I didn't really drink much hard liquor. I drank my fair share of beer though. Ya gotta love a Class Six store. ?

Biba! Joe

Recently asked if my local class 6 could accommodate a retiree and carry OGD BIB.  They picked up the whole SmB line, too.  Priced at VA ABC retail but at least they have it all.  First week in Sep we making a replenishment run.

• I like it 3

I recently picked up a 10 yr 11 month RRSiB PS.  I already had plenty of these but none that well-aged. I just couldn't resist.

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

I recently picked up a 10 yr 11 month RRSiB PS.  I already had plenty of these but none that well-aged. I just couldn't resist.

Wow! I am not sure I recall seeing one anywhere near that age! Very curious to hear your thoughts on that one. 

• I like it 1

Went to my local big-box liquor store and bought my first bottles of Mellow Corn, WT Rare Breed, and OGD114.  Looking forward to trying them. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I've heard it's a really good pick.

Very nice Tim. The resident Weller Whore is officially jealous. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Very nice Tim. The resident Weller Whore is officially jealous. ?

Biba! Joe

I may have overpaid a bit.  Also, one of them is destined for a friend.  Don't put me in the "Are you a part of the problem" thread!!

But..I did get the box! :)

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I may have overpaid a bit.   :)

That thought will quickly disappear, just like the bottle.

?

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

That thought will quickly disappear, just like the bottle.

?

Yeah, like they say, "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

• I like it 1

Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. Very pleasantly surprised! For a 3 Year Old Bourbon, it drinks way above its price and age. That sneaky age statement placement, though... pretty misleading.

3 hours ago, BDanner said:

Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. Very pleasantly surprised! For a 3 Year Old Bourbon, it drinks way above its price and age. That sneaky age statement placement, though... pretty misleading.

You’re right, its a bit shady with the age thing,

but I like the product as a whole.

• I like it 1

Picked up a BT the other day. Been meaning to pick one of these up for a while. Have had the Bowman Brothers and Abraham before but have never sprung for John J. Probably give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow.

C9620F26-0E56-4B45-8E72-C0E2F0F185ED.jpeg

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Picked up a BT the other day. Been meaning to pick one of these up for a while. Have had the Bowman Brothers and Abraham before but have never sprung for John J. Probably give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow.

I think you will like it.  It's been consistantly good to me.

Got lucky and happened to be at e right place at the right time and picked up a bottle of EHT BP after work. 

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

I did this single barrel tasting about 2 years ago. The Bowman faired very well. You'll likely be happy with your purchase. 

20180711_193843.jpg

• I like it 1

John J. Bowman is superb bourbon.  By coincidence,  I  also pick up a bottle today,  the first one I've seen in six months.   Every bit as good as a Hancock Reserve or Elmer T Lee, and I say better.  

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I did this single barrel tasting about 2 years ago. The Bowman faired very well. You'll likely be happy with your purchase. 

20180711_193843.jpg

I did enjoy a pour last night. Very good.

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ever have one of those days where things work out pretty good?  ?‍♂️

5AFE62D1-C176-4CD6-B976-BA60236316F2.jpeg

Now that's a great day!

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ever have one of those days where things work out pretty good?  ?‍♂️

5AFE62D1-C176-4CD6-B976-BA60236316F2.jpeg

I haven't had a day like that in a looooooonnnnnnggggggg time. 

Picked up a handle of Ancient Ancient Age 10*, just because they don’t sell it in my state and I’m on vacation so why not? Haven’t had it for 3-4 years. 

• I like it 1

Went in to my local shop for some beer, walked out with a couple of store selections. The bourbon buyer has a pretty good palate and I've been happy with his selections over the past few years, including Dickel, Four Roses, Rebel Yell, Maker's Mark among others. He claims to have worked at Stitzel-Weller before they closed up. Anyway, I was talked into their recent selections of a bottle of Knob Creek single barrel (not a hard sell!) and a bottle of Ezra Brooks Distiller's Collection. I was skeptical of the EB, but at $30 and since it's from Heaven Hill and Luxco has been doing pretty well lately I'm looking forward to opening it.

Edited by Tucker

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.