What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had the choice of only one and opted for the new Weller over a Blanton’s Gold. Inner tater took over so I could complete the lineup. The ETL 100 was a total surprise. 

The 4R are a 10.3 yr OESK and a 9.3 yr OBSV. Those two will be cracked tonight for the start of a short three day vacation. 

21F872D4-EDAF-4C97-BD0A-42648DB031F5.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 11

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Had the choice of only one and opted for the new Weller over a Blanton’s Gold. Inner tater took over so I could complete the lineup. The ETL 100 was a total surprise. 

The 4R are a 10.3 yr OESK and a 9.3 yr OBSV. Those two will be cracked tonight for the start of a short three day vacation. 

21F872D4-EDAF-4C97-BD0A-42648DB031F5.jpeg

Way to go Bob!

Picked up 2 eht small batch. Hated to pass on the rest, they wouldnt tell me how many they had but i would guess 6-10 total.

I had errands to run today. Yes I stopped, and yes I did. ^_^ I can't help it. I haven't felt this enamored with one single bourbon in a long while. :wub:

Biba! Joe

PS  If things go according to plan, I probably only have two or three more weeks of pt. Thank goodness. Going to this place is killing me. It's not because of the stretching, exercises and weight training. It's because no matter which way I choose to go, I drive near liquor stores that I normally wouldn't. <_<

DSC_0006.jpeg

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Way to go Bob!

When did they release the Single Barrel?!

16 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had errands to run today. Yes I stopped, and yes I did. ^_^ I can't help it. I haven't felt this enamored with one single bourbon in a long while. :wub:

Biba! Joe

That's the "old program" single barrel, at 90 proof, right?  I haven't seen the new program 100 proof and barrel strength in the wild yet. 

11 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

That's the "old program" single barrel, at 90 proof, right?  I haven't seen the new program 100 proof and barrel strength in the wild yet. 

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

47 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I have no knowledge of old or new programs at OF. Of course I’ve seen Signature/100/BIB, and had heard that private picks have been done of those in the past. This is the first OF Single Barrel that I’ve ever seen. It being a private pick made it all the more interesting. Win-Win. And yes, it’s 90 proof, although it drinks like the proof is higher. In a good way of course.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

When did they release the Single Barrel?!

I think within the last month. Havent seen one in TN

The local Winn Dixie was out of family sized WT 101, so I bought the ginormous sized EWBIB. I guess I'll suffer through. 

• I like it 1

He offered me 15% off if I bought it by the case.... how does one say no? 39.99

71F19B8E-6E44-468A-B683-3B3B5857D533.jpeg

• I like it 13

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

The local Winn Dixie was out of family sized WT 101, so I bought the ginormous sized EWBIB. I guess I'll suffer through. 

No suffering required, that’s pretty good IMO.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Outstanding!

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Outstanding!

What an awesome deal!   That should keep you happy for a bit.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, shuttlenote said:

Definitely can't compare to the Stagg Batch 14 above lol. 

-RR10 is one of my top 3 pours honestly. Never disappointed with a glass!

11 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

No suffering required, that’s pretty good IMO.

If you have seen my many posts about HH, you will know that my comment was dripping of sarcasm.

Prost!  Phil 

HOLY MOTher of Old Forester. I'm going to Sam's today! 

My most recent and a very pleasant surprise. I was too curious about a bourbon with no rye.....

Bourbon Wilderness Trail (1 of 1)-2.jpg

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Let's see, 6 bottles X $40 is $240, or about what I would have to pay for 1 bottle here in CA.

Raining today so decided to go splurge on my first retirement check.  All were too good of a deal to say no to.

8C221B33-8B17-463B-851B-EB486D9DFF05.jpeg

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Raining today so decided to go splurge on my first retirement check.  All were too good of a deal to say no to.

8C221B33-8B17-463B-851B-EB486D9DFF05.jpeg

Holy cow - that is quite the haul!    Looks like some SB's are having a good week!   Congrats

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

Holy cow - that is quite the haul!    Looks like some SB's are having a good week!   Congrats

There were two more 1.75L WSR that didn’t make the pic.  Also 3 2008 Fousquare rums that were posted in the rum forum  Yeah, it was a good day.

Edited by markandrex
More info.

Trip to Madison, WI today to drop off wedding rings for inspection/cleaning/plating. Total Wine across the street wanted me to bring these home. Lousy pic, decent whiskey. ?

20200814_161656.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:
14 hours ago, shuttlenote said:

Definitely can't compare to the Stagg Batch 14 above lol. 

-RR10 is one of my top 3 pours honestly. Never disappointed with a glass!

Can't wait to crack it open. WT Distillery has been good to me so far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.