What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, Clueby said:

How is it? What store? Are there more? Ha!

5 hours ago, Double C's said:

I am also interested in this info.

It's gone, like a fart in the wind.  A buddy picked one up for me last week and I was finally able to grab it from him.  He bought the 3 bottles they had.

Today I picked up a couple: MMCS, WT 101, OF Rye, and BT.

I just opened the MMCS and am quite pleased.

I have not had regular BT in a long time.  I'll get around to that.

You know I had to get multiple bottles to get the discount. ?

• I like it 2

On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, 0895 said:

This showed up at a local grocery store.

Not sure why or how.  Nor do I care.

$40 OTD.

4664AF69-8D6D-4E48-AB94-2C91EEE23CF4.jpeg

Those were here too.  I think the distributor helped out the purchaser and redistributed it.  Also had one from a Thai resturant.  There was a period where Beam pushed the KC picks to anyone that would take one, and it bit a few businesses in the ass.  I'm still buying at that price, but the picks are newer releases.  Some still in the 14 yr range, some 11 or 12 yr.

• I like it 2

Added another bottle of ETBiB for the time capsule and picked up OGD114....

The 114 wins best bourbon in the ugliest bottle category. 

IMG_7639.jpg

• I like it 3

More proof to why good relationships are key these days.... 

WT17 bib - $139.99

Old Fitz 9yr bib - $99.99

And 10% off !!!

• I like it 4

A couple of Beam products today.  Been wanting to try a few more finished products and the Legent sounds interesting.  I feel like I am going out on a limb with the Old Tub.  I hated the Beam bonded but thought I would give this one a try.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for each.

IMG_20200725_154033331.jpg

2 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

A couple of Beam products today.  Been wanting to try a few more finished products and the Legent sounds interesting.  I feel like I am going out on a limb with the Old Tub.  I hated the Beam bonded but thought I would give this one a try.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for each.

IMG_20200725_154033331.jpg

Let us know your reactions to these, TF.    I've yet to taste the OT; but bought a bottle of Legent last year in KY.

I had picked up a WTMK 17 BIB yesterday. So today I had to go the value route, and grabbed a couple handles of EWBIB 

• I like it 1

I am quickly going through a bottle of ancient age, so I got a backup 1.75L of it. It's my freezer bottle during the summer heat.

18 minutes ago, Double C's said:

I am quickly going through a bottle of ancient age, so I got a backup 1.75L of it. It's my freezer bottle during the summer heat.

Mine too!!

I was nursing this but got an email from Third Base saying it was back in stock so I ordered a couple of bottles and one $16 bottle of Larceny to spread out the shipping cost.  For a craft rye, this does not smell or taste "craft".  Just damn good.  Even my wife loves it and she's not a whiskey drinker.  And, at $30, it's priced reasonably, too. 

crater lake 2.jpg

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

I was nursing this but got an email from Third Base saying it was back in stock so I ordered a couple of bottles and one $16 bottle of Larceny to spread out the shipping cost.  For a craft rye, this does not smell or taste "craft".  Just damn good.  Even my wife loves it and she's not a whiskey drinker.  And, at $30, it's priced reasonably, too. 

crater lake 2.jpg

Is it made by them or distilled in IN?

I picked up a Legent today, because nothing else really caught my fancy.  My first bottle I purchased when it was first released didn’t do much for me.  But, I’m all about second chances, so here I am...

7187C834-CF59-4F3C-8B53-56181BA8BE26.jpeg

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

Do you have any experience with their (Third Base) barrel/batch picks?  Some interesting stuff on their site.  What about Ledger's in Berkeley, any experience with their store picks?

53 minutes ago, Tulse said:

It's calling....

IMG_7661.jpg

That's one call I never let go to voicemail. 

• I like it 3

On 7/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, 0895 said:

How does RB rye compare to Cornerstone and 101 rye ?

Catching up.  I'll post some more notes in the empty bottle thread, but similar to RB it's definitely an amped up version of the 101 Rye.

Not sure if this counts, but I got a 1982-1987 Jack Daniels (45% abv bottling).

20200727_120800.jpg

6 hours ago, beasled said:

A trio of Beam from a travelling relative I've just caught up with.

20200727_124448.jpg

Interested to hear your thoughts on the quarter oak, been intrigued by this one a bit.

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, clearmoon247 said:

Not sure if this counts, but I got a 1982-1987 Jack Daniels (45% abv bottling).

20200727_120800.jpg

Yes, that counts. ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.