What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, WD40 said:

Both. It seems they are available regularly...well, at least the single barrel.  When I went to their website there also seems to be a bunch of 4 letter designators for each bottling, as if they have marketed themselves to provide a bunch of different taste points. 

What Steve-flahute wrote.  ALSO, here's a link to a "pinned" thread here on SB re: the 10 recipes.

There are a few other threads on which we discussed the various recipes and some of us posted tasting notes or "faves"  For example  I love OESQ but do not refuse to drink any of them.  Searching for "10 recipes" turns up many of those other threads.

• I like it 1

A couple of bottles of the Bardstown Bourbon Co.'s Discovery #2 series.  This is now sold out at the Distillery.  I found these at a local store and bought them without hesitation.  I love this stuff.  By the way, the Discovery #3 is pretty good as well, but that is readily available for the moment.

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

A couple of bottles of the Bardstown Bourbon Co.'s Discovery #2 series.  This is now sold out at the Distillery.  I found these at a local store and bought them without hesitation.  I love this stuff.  By the way, the Discovery #3 is pretty good as well, but that is readily available for the moment.

Is this the one that is about $110-125?  I've heard great things about this particular expression.

2 hours ago, Radioyada said:

My bank account hates me now, but the liver is evil and must be punished. 

3467E00E-DD1A-4CEB-95B4-9CC74A88AA0D.jpeg

Damn son.

• I like it 4

5 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I was happy to take a 1L bottle of Old Fitz BIB off a friend’s hands today for $20 cash. Money well spent.

What, did you agree to date his homely sister or something?  Lol ?

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, robertckim said:

Is this the one that is about $110-125?  I've heard great things about this particular expression.

That's it.  The Discovery#2 is one of the best bottles I've had in awhile.  The Discovery#3 (their current release) has a different taste profile, but is also very, very good.  Whoever that is doing the blending for BBC is doing a good job.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

That's it.  The Discovery#2 is one of the best bottles I've had in awhile.  The Discovery#3 (their current release) has a different taste profile, but is also very, very good.  Whoever that is doing the blending for BBC is doing a good job.

I agree - big fan of what they are doing at Bardstown.

• I like it 1

It's been quite a long time since I've picked up a 4RBP, as I've been lucky to have several in the bunker.  Today, based on the strength of the last two LE's, I pulled the trigger on a OBSV (9.5 years/120.2 proof). 

I also picked up a handle of WSR and a 750 of ER.  I saw a discussion of pricing somewhere (I think another thread).  The WSR handle was $37.99, while the ER 750 was $27.99... so I have no complaints (at least today).  ;)

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Picked up some bottles for myself and @fosmith

Thank you my friend!  You know all the honey holes in the East Bay...

Went to the new Binny's that opened in Gurnee today; picked up three more Larceny store picks that are sold out elsewhere nearby, including one I haven't had yet. Has anyone had any of their EC picks?

10 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I agree - big fan of what they are doing at Bardstown.

I'll throw my hat in the ring too. Bardstown Discovery Series #2 is outstanding. Easily one of the best bottles I've purchased this year - and by a wide margIn. 

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Kepler said:

What, did you agree to date his homely sister or something?  Lol ?

There’s not enough brown liquor in the entire state of Kentucky for that. ?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Rhettro said:

I'll throw my hat in the ring too. Bardstown Discovery Series #2 is outstanding. Easily one of the best bottles I've purchased this year - and by a wide margIn. 

Its not probably a popular opinion amongst the masses, but I agree.   All three are good, but number 2 is also the best by my pallet.   I am struggling to find bottles to bunker, which sucks.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Its not probably a popular opinion amongst the masses, but I agree.   All three are good, but number 2 is also the best by my pallet.   I am struggling to find bottles to bunker, which sucks.

I’m not sure a call of “amongst the masses” is on point, as only a small percentage of these are available to the masses.  That said, I’ve had a few of their releases, and I find the ones I’ve tried to be well blended and for the most part enjoyable, if very over priced. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Its not probably a popular opinion amongst the masses, but I agree. 

Good. More for you and me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.