What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Dozen roses today

IMG_3522.jpg

Have you tried this year's yet? (Couldn't remember if it was in your party picture or not)

Curious of your thoughts.

My wife did some shopping yesterday. She spotted something she thought I might be interested in. It hasn’t been purchased yet, but maybe. Not that I need any more bourbon, glasses, flasks or anything.  :unsure:

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

Went in my usual store to restock on gin and vermouth, but couldn’t help myself grabbing a WSR for $30 since I see them so rarely these days.

• I like it 3

When you take care of your local independently owned liquor store, they take care of you. This was a very nice surprise today.

9DEDD738-2E57-4FC2-BCE3-E075DBE86B8F.jpeg

• I like it 22

2 hours ago, flahute said:

When you take care of your local independently owned liquor store, they take care of you. This was a very nice surprise today.

Wow nice surprise indeed. That one is incredible 

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

WB  Saffell and some Knob 15.   Had to run down to SC today.  Tad more selection than NC... ✌?

46BFE13B-86E9-4021-BA37-481A84263782.jpeg

Hope you got a fair price on the KC15. There seems to be tons of it for $99 at the ABC stores here in Durham. I know the W.B. Saffell was also available in limited quantities a few months ago at a bunch of ABC stores within relatively close proximity to RDU.

• I like it 1

Yeah, I did. A little cheaper than the one in my post above though. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.JPG

• I like it 2

On 11/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, 0895 said:

Have you tried this year's yet? (Couldn't remember if it was in your party picture or not)

Curious of your thoughts.

I did get to try but don't have a strong opinion on it yet.  I was one of the 6 people there.  I wasn't really doing any tasting notes and I forget exactly how I ordered them.  Although I am discounting the results as it was too cold to nose properly (and blind I know I had 2017 first and 2013 last which doesn't feel at all right - any time I had 2017 and 2018 together I always had a strong preference to the 2018)

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yeah, I did. A little cheaper than the one in my post above though. ?

Biba! Joe

I seen this at binnys the last visit, but like some on here larceny taste has been downhill for me. The shiny wares weren’t powerful enough...... this time

Trying like he!! to recover my stash from the virus. It has taken a beating without much reinforcement taking place. I did add the FR Saturday and EC just now.

20201123_123922.jpg.e017f15537d3b2444a93e7c6acd8a532.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

I seen this at binnys the last visit, but like some on here larceny taste has been downhill for me. The shiny wares weren’t powerful enough...... this time

I, too, have found the OTC Larceny has been hit or miss, but the two Binny's single barrel picks I have open have been terrific. When one of these is finished I'll open the third & see how it fares. Given it came from the same shelf in the same warehouse as the one I'm farthest down, I have high hopes.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:04 PM, DeepCover said:

There’s not enough brown liquor in the entire state of Kentucky for that. ?

They've increased production...

• I like it 2

On 11/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, flahute said:

This is how it should be!  Congrats.  A store reaching out and/or taking care of its regulars.  I had a similar nice surprise from a new store that I began frequanting earlier this year.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

I got this one at a Binny’s in the western burbs. I may have to visit this store again if, and  whenever I’m in the area again. As I was checking out, the manager(?) noticed I was wearing a Vietnam Era Vet hat, he commented  on me being a vet and said hold on just  a minute. I pulled my American Legion Gold Card out of my wallet,  and he said don’t worry. I said really, cause back in my neck of the woods people say they’re vets just to get a discount, and even at places like Lowe’s where I go regularly, they always ask for ID. He just shook his head. He thanked me for my service, and gave me a 10% first responders discount. Yeah, it may have only been a couple of bucks, but it really made my day, and put a smile on my face. Every once in a while. ? ☺️

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

On 11/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, flahute said:

Excellent good for you!! I just picked up the same bottle today, won it in a raffle at my favorite LS.

• I like it 1

Buffalo Trace and Weller Special Reserve - $31 & $30 respectively.  A bit more than I paid a few years back but haven't seen either recently. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, yobber76 said:

Excellent good for you!! I just picked up the same bottle today, won it in a raffle at my favorite LS.

Fantastic! Just opened mine a few minutes ago.

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Sometimes its good to be in a control state.

IMG_3530.jpg

Boom! You are really going to like that Turkey.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

I sure hope so.  That had been one I was waiting a bit for and VA just started rolling out stuff recently.

20 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I sure hope so.  That had been one I was waiting a bit for and VA just started rolling out stuff recently.

I don't want to over represent this for you but my honest opinion is that this is the best Turkey I've tastes in many years. I think it's super legit.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Really curious your opinion on the Blade 22 - have never seen that pour in a bar and have always wondered.....

11 hours ago, flahute said:

Fantastic! Just opened mine a few minutes ago.

I was going to wait for my birthday in December to open mine. Was the taste worth the anticipation?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.