What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, jnewberg said:

Jesus I hit the wrong thread... I thought this was the Huh? thread... Hahahaha... I feel like an idiot for posting that in this thread... My bad...Lol

This has been happening a lot lately. It’s been a long crazy year. ????

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, jnewberg said:

Jesus I hit the wrong thread... I thought this was the Huh? thread... Hahahaha... I feel like an idiot for posting that in this thread... My bad...Lol

HEEHEEHEE!!  Been there.  Done that.  A lot....  ? ??

UPS showed up with these today.

I just finished the wheated.... time to try the rye recipe.

Are you missing anything?

No.  Stick to regular BT and WSR.

I’m just bored and curious...?‍♂️

C63F0A07-1EBD-4390-9E70-781EA3C13A22.jpeg

• I like it 1

Thursday is my day to run errands after work, and one of the places I stopped in had a couple of bottles that wanted to come home with me. I have not had a RHF in awhile, and am very curious about the Smoke Wagon.

I hope this ends my bottle purchase for awhile. 

A97A64FA-50DC-49BD-A9DD-780E00F882EA.jpeg

• I like it 3

I’ve been a good boy. I haven’t bought a thing this week. ?

I still have two days.  :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Thursday is my day to run errands after work, and one of the places I stopped in had a couple of bottles that wanted to come home with me. I have not had a RHF in awhile, and am very curious about the Smoke Wagon.

I hope this ends my bottle purchase for awhile. 

A97A64FA-50DC-49BD-A9DD-780E00F882EA.jpeg

I'm curious your thoughts on the Smokewagon.  I've been very impressed with them this summer and fall.  It is impressive MGP juice.

I was happy to get one of these yesterday and even happier to crack it open with his brother. So much fruit from a rye.

22590685-11AB-4E6F-B317-0777B6F85609.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, webfoots said:

I was happy to get one of these yesterday and even happier to crack it open with his brother. So much fruit from a rye.

The THH is literally the only bottle I want this year.  Glad to hear it’s good!

The new Binny's in the area had a coupon for today & tomorrow, so I picked up a trio of Knob Creek Gift sets (with two tumblers) for what works out to 20.99 each; I'm very happy with that deal!

• I like it 3

Jewel, a local grocery chain, picked 5 BT barrels. Funny thing is it is ONLY available in 375 ml bottles. Well, fine with me, its 14 bux, so I grabbed a couple.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, lemonman said:

The new Binny's in the area had a coupon for today & tomorrow, so I picked up a trio of Knob Creek Gift sets (with two tumblers) for what works out to 20.99 each; I'm very happy with that deal

Usually coupons are in their emails, but I didnt see any. Is this specific to 1 store?

What's the world coming to?  Safeway supermarkets doing Weller private barrels.  And, they had it "in the back".  $19.99 plus tax. 

weller safeway.jpg

• I like it 4

11 minutes ago, fosmith said:

What's the world coming to?  Safeway supermarkets doing Weller private barrels.  And, they had it "in the back".  $19.99 plus tax. 

weller safeway.jpg

I don’t see any Weller store picks in my neck of the woods. Which just happens to be Kentucky. 

56 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Usually coupons are in their emails, but I didnt see any. Is this specific to 1 store?

Yes, it's limited to the Gurnee store which just opened a few weeks ago; let me know if you want a copy of the email. It also went out in our local advertising flyers.

20 hours ago, GaStikboy said:

I'm curious your thoughts on the Smokewagon.  I've been very impressed with them this summer and fall.  It is impressive MGP juice.

It's great MGP, comparable to Belle Meade Reserve.    If you see it, grab it.   Just full and rich.   

11 hours ago, webfoots said:

I remember when the Handy was the booby prize of the BTAC. I always got a bottle (or two) and loved it. Like most LEs they had good years and better years. Most are ranking this years as the best ever and as luck would have it I couldn't beg, borrow, or steal one anywhere. Congrats on your great find! I'm jealous. :)  

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

I remember when the Handy was the booby prize of the BTAC. I always got a bottle (or two) and loved it. Like most LEs they had good years and better years. Most are ranking this years as the best ever and as luck would have it I couldn't beg, borrow, or steal one anywhere. Congrats on your great find! I'm jealous. :)  

It’s my first purchased BTAC bottle so I was plenty happy to have one for myself as opposed to a bar pour. I honestly couldn’t remember my tasting experiences with the 2-3 prior THH’s other than it being a face punch and lingering. The 2020 is a fruit and citrus bomb for me after just opening with the only spice at the back end. 

• I like it 1

On 12/3/2020 at 7:37 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ve been a good boy. I haven’t bought a thing this week. ?

I still have two days.  :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

Well?  You only have 1 more day.  Feeling the pressure?!?  ? ?

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Well?  You only have 1 more day.  Feeling the pressure?!?  ? ?

? ??

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, webfoots said:

It’s my first purchased BTAC bottle so I was plenty happy to have one for myself as opposed to a bar pour. I honestly couldn’t remember my tasting experiences with the 2-3 prior THH’s other than it being a face punch and lingering. The 2020 is a fruit and citrus bomb for me after just opening with the only spice at the back end. 

THH is better appreciated by enjoying a complete bottle over time (rather than a bar pour).

It has a lot going on and sometimes takes a bit of "unpacking"to discover the complexities. THH is an underrated whiskey and can be VERY rewarding.  I am very much looking forward to exploring my newly acquired 2020 bottle as well...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, webfoots said:

Funny,  when we own the bottle, how much better it tastes.  ;-)) 

Enjoy your score. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Picked up a 4R Small Batch Select. I have never drank anything but yellow label before, I found this very pleasant. I will try SiB next.

• I like it 3

15 hours ago, webfoots said:

What kind of citrus? My first ever bottle of Handy was either a '12 or '13 and I remember getting grapefruit on the first sip. I don't think I've ever tasted it in a whiskey again since that bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.