What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I've still yet to try that one.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Me too. Although I bought a bottle over a month ago, just haven't gotten around to cracking it yet. What's your excuse, Lol.

WHAT.......THE......HELL......fellas. Have you not seen me embarrass myself with the praise on this one? Get on it already!

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, flahute said:

WHAT.......THE......HELL......fellas. Have you not seen me embarrass myself with the praise on this one? Get on it already!

Haha, I know, I know ... (tail tucked like a guilty puppy)...

Issue will be rectified at the soonest however!

• I like it 1

Found these Batch 14s yesterday (for less than MSRP!) while running around getting ingredients for today’s meals.  Happy to get a bottle for @fosmith!

39C59B7D-48D7-42FF-8991-6E721F5E15DB.jpeg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, parksmart said:

Found these Batch 14s yesterday (for less than MSRP!) while running around getting ingredients for today’s meals.  Happy to get a bottle for @fosmith!

Thoughts on batch 14 vs 12 & 13?  I haven't seen it in Texas yet.  Last year's were spectacular.

1 hour ago, GaStikboy said:

Thoughts on batch 14 vs 12 & 13?  I haven't seen it in Texas yet.  Last year's were spectacular.

Haven’t had a chance to crack one open yet.  A SBS of 12 v 13 v 14 sounds like a great idea!

I really liked the 12, and thought the 13 was solid but not quite as good as 12.  Have read some reviews that 14 is more along the lines of 12......

While I realize there’s no real differences between JDSB and Eric church I’m a huge Church fan so I was happy to stumble across this today!

spacer.png

On my way to TN a few days ago I had to stop at Lincoln Road Package Store and pick up a few goodies. Of course I had open them up to try. They live up to LRP standards. Very good. 
6DBBFF1C-C8D4-40EE-B2AA-2C05E47FB4B4.thumb.jpeg.5e5a0a93b20bfa9bd39c4277ecb162ee.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

On 11/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I have almost zero experience with dusties in general, but I thought this release was VERY different from the regular WT profile.  Lots of oak and a unique kind of musty finish.  Not off putting or anything like that, but had the mustyness and tannins I think one would expect from a older bottling or if you can bottle up the rickhouse.   Very distinctive and as a result seems to be a pour I would go to when I have a hankering for that specific flavor profile.

How did you think this one stands up in comparison with the regular WT line and did you find the overall experience very distinctive and unique when comparing to other recent releases?

I haven't run across the new ultra-aged one,  but I think Turkey today is better than Turkey used to be.    I do associate a certain mustiness with Turkeys of decades past,   and it's been replaced by a lush creaminess.   

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

On my way to TN a few days ago I had to stop at Lincoln Road Package Store and pick up a few goodies. Of course I had open them up to try. They live up to LRP standards. Very good. 
6DBBFF1C-C8D4-40EE-B2AA-2C05E47FB4B4.thumb.jpeg.5e5a0a93b20bfa9bd39c4277ecb162ee.jpeg

Is that a second HW 55 OESF from Lincoln Road? They did HW 55-5C but that was 12 years 2 months old I thought?

10 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

Is that a second HW 55 OESF from Lincoln Road? They did HW 55-5C but that was 12 years 2 months old I thought?

Not sure, I walked in and it was there. I didn’t know they had another one. 

On 11/25/2020 at 11:11 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I delivered Thanksgiving goodies to some of our family members after work today. I also picked up some bourbon goodies. Mike grabbed three handles of Weller SR for me this past weekend, and I took possession of them today. He also gifted me a PS OFSB.

The handles of Weller SR Mike picked up for me cost $38.99 each.  ;) Every once in a while. Thanks Mike.

Biba! Joe

I suspect that Mike fully expects to enjoy some pours back and forth when the Covid crisis is over.  PS OFSB as a gift!  Nice!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

First time I waited in line for a store doing a allocated Black Friday release (waited 2.5 hours). Being that I was number 56 in line all the crazy stuff was already gone, but a Stagg Jr batch 14 for retail was my parting gift. I had just had a sample the night before and thoroughly enjoyed it so I was happy with that. Apparently to get Pappy or BTAC anything it required camping out over night in line (no thank you).

628215782.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 1

19 hours ago, parksmart said:

I haven't seen Stagg Jr. since batch 3.  It seems to get set aside for the annual lotteries.

7 hours ago, LCWoody said:

That Tequila is interesting.  In Mexican Spanish slang neta means - the truth or real story.

If something surprising is said.  The response might be - neta?

Or asking some one what happened or is going on.  I want la neta.

• I like it 1

I picked up Benchmark Full Proof today, my first time for this.  The bonded version tasted quite similar to standard BT to me (not a big surprise).  We'll see about the Full Proof later.

16 minutes ago, 0895 said:

That is a very random candy selection, none of which seem to go together.

? I didn’t even notice those were in the frame. I bought a truckload of music/bass gear from Sweetwater during BF and they pack a small bag of candy with each shipment. I was just unloading the boxes, there is a mountain of them you don’t see there. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Good old EC with an unnecessary bonus.

7A8106BD-2D81-4125-BC93-65587757117B.jpeg

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

That is a very random candy selection, none of which seem to go together.

Is that a Bit O Honey?  I didn't know those were still being made. Dusty Halloween leftovers maybe

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Good old EC with an unnecessary bonus.

7A8106BD-2D81-4125-BC93-65587757117B.jpeg

Been shopping at Sweetwater, perhaps?

So my next door neighbor asked if I would bourbon shop for her for Christmas bottles for her husband (I did the same last year for her).  I agreed, of course, and today picked up the following:  16 year old Knob Creek private selection from Packages and More (from my stash as a gift); Little Book 4; and Four roses SmB LE 2020.  Hopefully these will do.

5DF9F31F-C57C-486D-BD90-C4D702D322B3_1_201_a.jpeg

• I like it 8

11 minutes ago, Kane said:

Heh, yup, see post above :)

Sorry, missed that. I wish they had an option to trade their candies in on a Snickers bar or something. I always thought Bit O Honey and Tootsie Rolls must have been invented by dentists looking for business...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.