What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Attention @WhiskeyBlender!  

Hit the Joseph A. Magnus & Co. Daily Double today:

Magnus Daily Double.jpg

The Murray Hill CLub is Bottle 191/700 of Batch 13, 51.5% ABV (103 pf).  The Cigar Blend is Bottle 293/375 of Batch 31, 59.63% ABV (119,26 pf).

Been looking for a Cigar Blend "forevah!" since running into a Murray Hill Club in Florida a couple of years ago (seems like a lifetime ago).

Nancy, can you tell me more about these two (2) bottles, please?   ? 

I apologize if this rude, but where did you manage to find the Cigar Blend and were there any left?

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, mal00768 said:

I apologize if this rude, but where did you manage to find the Cigar Blend and were there any left?

PM inbound.  ?

• I like it 1

I was hoping to be done with the purchase for at least through this year, but was out and about with my older brother today and we stopped into a nearby store.   My will is weak ...

A226594F-5D71-4885-B3D3-A6D1808A4018.jpeg

• I like it 7

10 hours ago, shawnt said:

139.8, which I believe makes it Batch 8.  I've had most of the ECBP releases since mid-2018, but nothing that far back.  I'm excited to compare.

Be careful with the cork.  The caps tend to separate from the cork.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, shawnt said:

139.8, which I believe makes it Batch 8.  I've had most of the ECBP releases since mid-2018, but nothing that far back.  I'm excited to compare.

Price doesn't matter as long as you got what you wanted and enjoy it.  I remember batch #8 and it was great!  

2 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I was hoping to be done with the purchase for at least through this year, but was out and about with my older brother today and we stopped into a nearby store.   My will is weak ...

A226594F-5D71-4885-B3D3-A6D1808A4018.jpeg

Maybe it isn't that your will is weak but that you are adventurous! 

11 hours ago, markandrex said:

Replaced a Stagg Jr b15 that was drained this week.  Cheers.

Haven't  seen any reviews yet.  How does it compare to, say, batch 12 or 13? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mal00768 said:

@GeeTen looks like we’re twinsies!

I hope yah’ll enjoy the crotch shot. :P 

Good on ya Frank! Merry Christmas.

• I like it 1

the good news was that I got off work early yesterday and was able to score this year's MM le release at a quick stop at the LS on my way to the jewelry store. The bad news is that on the way to the jewelry store from my LS stop I had a brake line go out on my truck. I had to get it towed home so that I can repair it as soon as possible. Luckily I was able to safely get to a parking lot. My wife came to get me and take me to pick up her gift from the jewelry store. She basically told me what she wanted so I didn't have to worry about ruining a surprise.

20201223_171925.jpg

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

Haven't  seen any reviews yet.  How does it compare to, say, batch 12 or 13? 

Thanks.

A little darker than 12 or 13.  Vanilla up front, more dark fruit  and baking spice in the middle.  It finishes with a good “Kentucky Hug” and cinnamon.    It has a faint  “musty apple” aroma  that  takes one back to the rackhouse  that is very pleasant.  It is a definite buy if you see it at msrp.

2 hours ago, Double C's said:

the good news was that I got off work early yesterday and was able to score this year's MM le release at a quick stop at the LS on my way to the jewelry store. The bad news is that on the way to the jewelry store from my LS stop I had a brake line go out on my truck. I had to get it towed home so that I can repair it as soon as possible. Luckily I was able to safely get to a parking lot. My wife came to get me and take me to pick up her gift from the jewelry store. She basically told me what she wanted so I didn't have to worry about ruining a surprise.

20201223_171925.jpg

Sorry to hear about your brake line troubles.  Good that you were able to get safely to a parking lot.  Congratulations on your score.  Enjoy!

5 hours ago, mal00768 said:

@GeeTen looks like we’re twinsies!

I hope yah’ll enjoy the crotch shot. :P 

C90A182E-4C36-47BB-BE0B-F8C524530159.jpeg

Yeah, but could you get that stupid bottle out of the way... 

jealous of that bottle btw.

I haven’t seen it anywhere since I bought batch one so long ago.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

59 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Sorry to hear about your brake line troubles.  Good that you were able to get safely to a parking lot.  Congratulations on your score.  Enjoy!

I have a new brake line kit sitting in the garage but I am waiting for the temps to warm up before working on it. I might just have to crack open this bottle when I get the repair done.

• I like it 1

I hadn't had it yet, and it's Christmas, so I went to Woodman's and picked up a bottle of MM 101. I've had the MMCS and liked it, but thought it needed a little splash to open it up. So far the MM101 is hitting some harmonious notes with me...I like this one a lot. :) 

• I like it 3

19 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

1604649041_BlantonsGold.thumb.jpg.e71ecc8e8660d9da3ea4a1cc6861f788.jpg

Pre-job quarantine just got a little more bearable...

OMG, be still my beating heart.  Life can truly be a "zero-sum game" - I had fantastic luck in lotteries this year, but am almost out of Blanton's Gold (my favorite sharing pour) without any hope of refills in sight.  I even asked a friend who was on a family trip to London and Paris to pick up some bottles - no joy there.  What's a person to do?????   ?

• I like it 2

Disappointed in the new Woodford Reserve structure-- seems far more generic than the press release shots depicted. At least it shares the “tombstone" silhouette of its stablemates.

Store picks of Eagle Rare 10 last less than an hour around these parts-- nice of my local retailer to pull aside a set for me.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.d26e15fc2576e5ac3e0c838a74ff040f.jpg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Disappointed in the new Woodford Reserve structure-- seems far more generic than the press release shots depicted. At least it shares the “tombstone" silhouette of its stablemates.

Store picks of Eagle Rare 10 last less than an hour around these parts-- nice of my local retailer to pull aside a set for me.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.d26e15fc2576e5ac3e0c838a74ff040f.jpg

Huh, I figured you only bought scotch whisky. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.