What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I came up empty at the local raffle for the first time ever, but was consoled by this nice set at fair pricing ($60.00/$124.99/44.99)…

IMG_5621.thumb.jpg.9882b755fbc57d8e041f499a1e3f2a15.jpg

Sorry you missed out on the lottery items but glad you were able to get some nice pickups.  Whew, I was afraid you were almost going to run out of whiskey  ?

• I like it 3

Back out for another run. Every year I deliver delicious toffee in customized boxes to my liquor stores, covering every key employee-- probably the only ritual I have still intact during 2020.

IMG_5629.thumb.jpg.e00357545feabf8894af4f115864cf64.jpg

• I like it 12

5 hours ago, PaulO said:

In the past, wasn't Birthday Bourbon aged 12 years?

It used to consistently be 12 years old from year to year but they've been switching it up recently.

My streak of good luck continues. ^_^ We had to run out today to pick up a Xmas present. Since Binny’s was right in the area, I stopped in for a quick look. They had my bottle!!!!

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.4facf251cd1308de4bcd17b96db62924.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My streak of good luck continues. ^_^ We had to run out today to pick up a Xmas present. Since Binny’s was right in the area, I stopped in for a quick look. They had my bottle!!!!

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.4facf251cd1308de4bcd17b96db62924.jpeg

image.jpeg

Your name must have recognized value in Iowa, Maine and Vermont.   

Somewhat impulse bought a bottle of 1792 small batch today, which I'll be opening and drinking tonight. I tend to overlook this one as I prefer other expressions in the lineup, and there are other bourbons in the ~$30 price range that I prefer, but my LS had it on sale, and it was in front of my face, and I remembered back to the last bottle I had of it that I did rather enjoy, so I grabbed it.

Edited by JakeySnakes

19 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Your name must have recognized value in Iowa, Maine and Vermont.   

Wanted posters?  :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Four Roses SmBLE Finally made it to MD and my favorite store gave me a call!!

yum, yum. 

Edited by ptman2000
  • I like it 2

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Wanted posters?  :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Depends on what they want you for?  Sometimes being wanted isn't a bad thing.  ?

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, JakeySnakes said:

Somewhat impulse bought a bottle of 1792 small batch today, which I'll be opening and drinking tonight. I tend to overlook this one as I prefer other expressions in the lineup, and there are other bourbons in the ~$30 price range that I prefer, but my LS had it on sale, and it was in front of my face, and I remembered back to the last bottle I had of it that I did rather enjoy, so I grabbed it.

Sometimes a sale prompts us to reexplore something good that we have neglected.  Bourbon enthusiasts, myself included, can sometimes be persuaded by the new bright shiny things when the things we appreciate are right in front of us.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, flahute said:

It used to consistently be 12 years old from year to year but they've been switching it up recently.

Switching it up, while stocks are under unprecedented pressure...

Coincidence is a wonderful thing during a bourbon bubble.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:04 PM, Adam777 said:

and he was ringing up a EHT Rye I was super happy with until the price came back $212. 

Just wow.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:09 PM, FacePlant said:

I remember when the Handy was the booby prize of the BTAC.

1. Handy is great.

2. It is still the booby prize of the BTAC.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:27 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I haven't seen Stagg Jr. since batch 3.  It seems to get set aside for the annual lotteries.

With multi-hundred percent production increases and 11/12 months of mashbill #1, your future is bright.

• I like it 1

Picked up two bottles of Stagg Jr for my wife’s aunt who asked me about it over the weekend. She and her husband have not been able to find any, so I was able to acquire a batch 11 and a batch 14 for them yesterday. 

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Last night’s haul.

Happy holidays everyone!

FBA415A1-3231-44F3-ABC3-E1348CA0F698.jpeg

F4D0083B-3152-424E-BC4C-5F56D8FCC7E3.jpeg

I'm a big fan of every OESK I've ever had. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm a big fan of every OESK I've ever had. 

It’s my first time with a barrel strength Four Roses PS. I opened it Saturday and quite liked it. Had another pour last night and confirmed that it’s a solid pour. 

Edited by Rhettro
  • I like it 2

Picked these guys up at the recommendation of a friend ... never tried them before myself.

Love to know if anyone has a take on either of them.

IMG-6070.jpg

25 minutes ago, soulsea said:

Picked these guys up at the recommendation of a friend ... never tried them before myself.

Love to know if anyone has a take on either of them.

IMG-6070.jpg

I've seen positive reviews of the Boxergrail. 

The Coppersea isn't straight, so it's likely less than 2 years old. Fair or not I'd definitely have very tempered expectations going into that one. 

• I like it 1

I haven’t really posted in a while because I was one of those people that accessed the forum exclusively through Tapatalk. Missed the forum though so here I am accessing it via the website now.  I actually managed to grab a 2020 GTS!  That’s my first BTAC bottle in 5 years I’ve landed I believe.  Seemed worthy of my first post in months. 

• I like it 13

5 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

I haven’t really posted in a while because I was one of those people that accessed the forum exclusively through Tapatalk. Missed the forum though so here I am accessing it via the website now.  I actually managed to grab a 2020 GTS!  That’s my first BTAC bottle in 5 years I’ve landed I believe.  Seemed worthy of my first post in months. 

Congrats on the good score.

I was kind of wondering what happened to you.

Glad you made it back!

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up two bottles of Stagg Jr for my wife’s aunt who asked me about it over the weekend. She and her husband have not been able to find any, so I was able to acquire a batch 11 and a batch 14 for them yesterday. 

14 is one of the best

Edited by FasterHorses

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.