What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

One of my favorites!

Oh good to hear.  Saw some good reviews and I love all WT.   Thanks for sharing 

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Went grocery shopping today and picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Black Label for $8.99 plus tax.  This is my go to when I want an uncomplicated but tasty lower proof bourbon.  Best value on the bottom shelf, IMO.

Incredible.  This post ought to be copied into the 'Liquor store Huh' thread.  The fact that we can all walk into any liquor store in the country and buy this quality straight bourbon for ten dollars or less should be celebrated more.  Not everything out there suffers from Tater Syndrome.  God bless Heaven Hill distillery.

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Incredible.  This post ought to be copied into the 'Liquor store Huh' thread.  The fact that we can all walk into any liquor store in the country and buy this quality straight bourbon for ten dollars or less should be celebrated more.  Not everything out there suffers from Tater Syndrome.  God bless Heaven Hill distillery.

Careful.. freds back. It may go to $45 and allocated. ?

• I like it 2

As I’ve said a number of times since I went back to work four months ago, yeah I did. :huh:

I bought one MM, the ps BT, and BT Bourbon Cream (and 1¢ peanuts) today. My wife picked up the other MM for me yesterday. ?

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.18b9768d08764e36a1c2638e8d28348f.jpeg

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As I’ve said a number of times since I went back to work four months ago, yeah I did. :huh:

I bought one MM, the ps BT, and BT Bourbon Cream (and 1¢ peanuts) today. My wife picked up the other MM for me yesterday. ?

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.18b9768d08764e36a1c2638e8d28348f.jpeg

So Im gonna try and find a MM101 but im really liking my MMPS with the different stave combos... is that one considered a flavored whiskey because of the staves? 

3 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

So Im gonna try and find a MM101 but im really liking my MMPS with the different stave combos... is that one considered a flavored whiskey because of the staves? 

I believe so FH. I believe  Maker’s has done two of these so far. The ones I’ve seen are either $59.99 or $69.99. Personally, I’d rather have to MM 101’s. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I believe so FH. I believe  Maker’s has done two of these so far. The ones I’ve seen are either $59.99 or $69.99. Personally, I’d rather have to MM 101’s. 

Biba! Joe

I can see that and and i dont need the flavoring but dang the one i got is really nice. MM101 next up

• I like it 1

I picked up a MM 101 in a Walgreen's in SW Florida a few days ago. I like it, and I will buy again

Edited by yobber76

Not really a purchase, but I got this from my son for Christmas.  It's great when your son is also a bourbon geek and goes out of his way to make sure the old man gets something special.

Maker's Mark

Here's a link to the story behind the bottle.  https://leeinitiative.org/makers/

He went to the restaurant and stood in line so he could get me a bottle.  

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 5

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Not really a purchase, but I got this from my son for Christmas.  It's great when your son is also a bourbon geek and goes out of his way to make sure the old man gets something special.

Here's a link to the story behind the bottle.  https://leeinitiative.org/makers/

He went to the restaurant and stood in line so he could get me a bottle.  

And that folks, is what it’s all about. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On a tip from @parksmart, I picked up (online) a couple of bottles of SAOS cask strength Indiana rye.  I haven't had their rye but their recent 5yo MGP cask strength bourbon is damn good.  I never had SAOS back in the day when they had older stocks available but I can only imagine how great those must have been. 

• I like it 2

Got a green label JD today. The initials are...JD SiB BP Rye. After the Handy last night it's nice to have another BP rye to try, and the fellow at my LS claims it's the best rye to cross his lips. HUMMM??? After a couple of days rest I'll get on it Thur night. By the way it's 133.2 proof so a little branch might be in order?

• I like it 3

Picked these up @ Costco for $47.99 plus tax apiece.  They’re for @flahutenext time he’s in the Bay...... ?

4CB501C8-90F6-4526-A0F6-50A8AAF3F293.jpeg

Edited by parksmart
Added pic
  • I like it 6

50 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Got a green label JD today. The initials are...JD SiB BP Rye. After the Handy last night it's nice to have another BP rye to try, and the fellow at my LS claims it's the best rye to cross his lips. HUMMM??? After a couple of days rest I'll get on it Thur night. By the way it's 133.2 proof so a little branch might be in order?

This bottle has been getting excellent reviews. I’m waiting for it to hit TX. I’m a buyer as soon as I see one.

1 hour ago, parksmart said:

Picked these up @ Costco for $47.99 plus tax apiece.  They’re for @flahutenext time he’s in the Bay...... ?

4CB501C8-90F6-4526-A0F6-50A8AAF3F293.jpeg

Dude that's fantastic! Incredible price.

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, yobber76 said:

I picked up a MM 101 in a Walgreen's in SW Florida a few days ago. I like it, and I will buy again

That's what I picked up today, for the first time.     A balanced wheater at an ideal proof;  almost the point/counterpoint to WT 101.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, shawnt said:

Tried a new spot near the office.  Surprised to find this guy on the shelf...

ecbp.jpg.a4d470ab768b6920394718c2b7f0b92f.jpg

At msrp?

10 minutes ago, shawnt said:

Around 100.  My curiosity got the best of me.

I would certainly have pulled the trigger at that price.  Those squat bottles of ECBP are highly sought after and for good reason.  What's the proof on that one?  I can't read it in the photo. 

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

I would certainly have pulled the trigger at that price.  Those squat bottles of ECBP are highly sought after and for good reason.  What's the proof on that one?  I can't read it in the photo. 

139.8, which I believe makes it Batch 8.  I've had most of the ECBP releases since mid-2018, but nothing that far back.  I'm excited to compare.

2 hours ago, shawnt said:

139.8, which I believe makes it Batch 8.  I've had most of the ECBP releases since mid-2018, but nothing that far back.  I'm excited to compare.

Yes, that's batch 8.  I think you'll pleased.  Report back after you open it and let us know how it is.  Of the old style bottles, I've only had batch 12 (136 proof) but it was excellent. 

• I like it 1

Attention @WhiskeyBlender!  

Hit the Joseph A. Magnus & Co. Daily Double today:

Magnus Daily Double.jpg

The Murray Hill CLub is Bottle 191/700 of Batch 13, 51.5% ABV (103 pf).  The Cigar Blend is Bottle 293/375 of Batch 31, 59.63% ABV (119,26 pf).

Been looking for a Cigar Blend "forevah!" since running into a Murray Hill Club in Florida a couple of years ago (seems like a lifetime ago).

Nancy, can you tell me more about these two (2) bottles, please?   ? 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.