What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

14 is one of the best

I have heard it is good, but have not tried it yet.  Have a bottle of 13 open, and 8,9,10, and 12 still waiting in the background.  Batch 9 has been my favorite of all of them so far, but with the exception of 11 I have really liked every bottle.

This was by far the best Bourbon I had since my 2018 GTS & I did give myself an early Christmas/Birthday present by buying a 2nd bottle...

C53B4909-644E-4CBB-AC26-E776D6112B5A.jpeg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, JvW said:

This was by far the best Bourbon I had since my 2018 GTS & I did give myself an early Christmas/Birthday present by buying a 2nd bottle...

Only had a pour out of mine but I knew I should have bought 2... Cant find them anymore 

2 hours ago, JvW said:

which Discovery is it?

On 12/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, BigSkyDrams said:

My whiskey spending binge continued tonight with an EC18! I’m stoked. 

The great news though, is I’ve been budgeting my whiskey funds all year waiting for the annual releases to start getting doled out, and still have a bit left before I tap out. For some reason, I have a good feeling that my luck will continue into next week. Stay tuned!

My sense of intuition proved true. Or maybe I just got lucky. Either way, I landed a GTS tonight!

Think I’m done spending for awhile now, but maybe Santa still has something in store for me. ? 

• I like it 6

On 12/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, JCwhammie said:

I'm a big fan of every OESK I've ever had. 

I second that.  OESK and OBSK are my favorite recipes by far.  

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I second that.  OESK and OBSK are my favorite recipes by far.  

These are actually the only two I ever buy. Do yourself a favor and vat the two of them together for a pour sometime. Insanely good.

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, dcbt said:

These are actually the only two I ever buy. Do yourself a favor and vat the two of them together for a pour sometime. Insanely good.

?.............?

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Would y’all mind sharing what the cost was? 

Joe

If you are talking about the Discovery #3, I paid 150 shipped from an online retailer.

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Would y’all mind sharing what the cost was? 

Joe

It was close to MSRP @ $138, but when I consider how much a GTS is these days from stores that want to gouge every penny out of the BTAC lineup this is a great deal (IMHO)...

• I like it 1

On 12/14/2020 at 2:32 PM, soulsea said:

Picked these guys up at the recommendation of a friend ... never tried them before myself.

Love to know if anyone has a take on either of them.

IMG-6070.jpg

Never heard of the Coppersea but I've had the Rabbit Hole Rye.  It's not bad but seemed very light and young.  Like I said, not bad but I've had much better ryes.

15 hours ago, parksmart said:

The latest pickups.  A couple of these are destined for @fosmith’s bunker.....

This is a true friend!  Thanks Gene.  I can't wait to try that Pigskin Batch.  I've heard it's the best of the three 2020 batches. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

This is a true friend!  Thanks Gene.  I can't wait to try that Pigskin Batch.  I've heard it's the best of the three 2020 batches. 

Can’t speak to batches 01 and 02, but I can attest that Pigskin is really, really good. 

Was saving my funds for a insider trading, lottery pick, but stumbled onto this.  Don't know if it will be worth it but it's my first chance without dishing out 3 bills +...

Got it for $120.

PHC.thumb.jpg.ddfcd2c2662bedbd79d7e81840035b47.jpg

• I like it 12

18 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Was saving my funds for a insider trading, lottery pick, but stumbled onto this.  Don't know if it will be worth it but it's my first chance without dishing out 3 bills +...

Got it for $120.

It’s horrible!!! I’ll give ya a few gallons of ancient age in trade. ;)

congrats on a great bottle and find!!

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Got it for $120.

Even if it isn't astounding, should still be darn good for $120.  Let us know what you think, I like heavy char bourbons.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

Got it for $120.

Nice one.  I have only had one pour so far and it was in a blind with HMK, EC12 and an EC Store pick.  Yeah the proof alone made it not really a fair fight, but I was surprised as how much this one stood out against the field.  It was very good.

• I like it 2

I didn’t purchase anything today. However, we did get our normal weekly advertisements in the mail today. Sale at Binny’s! I know, I know, I know. I really don’t need any more bourbon, but MM for $19.99!!! What’s a mother to do? ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I didn’t purchase anything today. However, we did get our normal weekly advertisements in the mail today. Sale at Binny’s! I know, I know, I know. I really don’t need any more bourbon, but MM for $19.99!!! What’s a mother to do? ?

Biba! Joe

Ummm

buy it.

just saying...

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

And they are running their penny promos. Any can of Binny’s peanuts for a penny with the purchase of a standard MM.!  Bonus. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.