What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I wonder what changes are in store for ET BIB once we see the new distillate. They claim they’re going to keep the same recipe and same mashbill. I’m skeptical. They’re going to use the same yeast strain? What about cooperage, let alone rickhouse differences? I can’t image it keeps the same profile. I also think the 1L goes away. Time will tell.

I put 2 or 3 of them in the bunker just in case.

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I put 2 or 3 of them in the bunker just in case.

I have have tried to do the same.  But, I keep pulling them out and drinking them before I can get a stash going!  🤪

• I like it 6

I’ve had one ET BIB in my bunker for quite a while. I plan on buying more, but it seems that every time I visit a liquor store, it’s either sold out, or I find something else in stock I want a little more. 😏 There’s one store I visit once in a while that sometimes has it. The kinda weird thing is that when they do have it in stock, they charge msrp, but keep it on a shelf behind the checkout counter with a one bottle limit. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I wonder what changes are in store for ET BIB once we see the new distillate. They claim they’re going to keep the same recipe and same mashbill. I’m skeptical. They’re going to use the same yeast strain? What about cooperage, let alone rickhouse differences? I can’t image it keeps the same profile. I also think the 1L goes away. Time will tell.

You forgot the most important part - it will become allocated of course.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, Clueby said:

Opened a fresh SAOS 5 year. This barrel has less of the "MGP funky finish" than the last one I tried.  Corn-pop sweet. "Only" 112.4 proof. Alas, it's a Jordan bottle and not Sarah.

20210121_194845.jpg

20210121_194853.jpg

Took me forever to find this pic and make a steal from Clueby. I cracked one from my local last night that's been on the bar forever waiting on it's chance to join the lineup. Also 5yrs and clocking in about 117. I couldn't find any faults big enough to slow me down for the evening. I will admit I no longer drink my pours neat (some exceptions) so it was perfect covering the ice.

• I like it 1

This is pretty good but a bit overpriced at $50, IMO.  Kind of muted on the nose so maybe it needs time to open up? 

smoke wagon small batch.jpg

• I like it 2

Woodford Reserve wheated...kind of muted too, but, my nose is stuffed up.  Maybe this will help....

• I like it 1

Back home from vacation and enjoying the return of college football Saturdays.  Even though the weather is still hot here in Texas I decided to open a bottle of one of my favorite fall & winter pours.  I'll be slowly enjoying this bottle from now all the way up to Christmas season.

20210904_211347.jpg

• I like it 4

I opened up this Booker’s yesterday. It has been a while, since I’ve opened a Booker’s. I need to hold my final opinion until I have consumed more of the bottle. However, 

first impression, better than all of the “newer” batches I’ve opened in recent years. I look forward to future pours. 

BOOMER!

5FAE5479-E9DC-4AA9-9ECC-C87BC2BB1A49.jpeg

• I like it 5

Pulled this from the bunker and cracked it open under the stars at the campfire.  2015 was a fine year for the LE.

IMG_6925.jpg

• I like it 15

9 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Pulled this from the bunker and cracked it open under the stars at the campfire.  2015 was a fine year for the LE.

IMG_6925.jpg

Where you at brah? Interesting background.

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Colorado

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Trying something new today.

Not bad at all for $3.

😁

195EF108-FEEC-46A9-80D7-26F98085F230.jpeg

Liquid butterscotch 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Trying something new today.

Not bad at all for $3.

😁

195EF108-FEEC-46A9-80D7-26F98085F230.jpeg

I have not seen one of those in years.

• I like it 1

Just now, PaulO said:

I have not seen one of those in years.

Ancient Age 90p?

all over KY.

200ml - 1.75ml

but I’ve never seen it outside KY 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ancient Age 90p?

all over KY.

200ml - 1.75ml

I think the 90 proof is a ky only thing, I’ve only seen it there, about $13 for A 750 bottle 

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ancient Age 90p?

all over KY.

200ml - 1.75ml

Apparently that's a KY only thing. Everywhere else it's 80pf. If we want 90pf, it's AA10 Star. Both are age stated 36 months, so the proof is the only difference.

2 hours ago, BDanner said:

Apparently that's a KY only thing. Everywhere else it's 80pf. If we want 90pf, it's AA10 Star. Both are age stated 36 months, so the proof is the only difference.

From my memory, the AAA 10 ⭐️ tastes a bit different.

This is definitely more butterscotch-ish.

I haven’t tried 80p AA yet.

• I like it 2

Too bad they don’t make the AA BIB any more. It was a gem.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, kemosabe said:

IMG_6925.jpg

Both the fire and the 4R LE look inviting!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.