What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Don't typically have a pour on Mondays but today is National Bourbon Day and a nice change in weather has brought moderate temperatures, lower humidity, and nice breeze to central Indiana this evening.  Plus the work week started off with a gallop.  

I am enjoying a nice pour of MM101.  It is a well balanced whisky at the perfect proof.

• I like it 2

Four Roses Small Batch Select 104 proof.  I've done little 4 roses lately but bought this because it was there.  then bought a 2nd because it was there.  now been into it twice now, and working it over pretty good.  Same impression yesterday and tonight.  On 1st drink comes in with excessive heat for the proof, no complexity, no aftertaste.  But as I drink more and more it gets better.  Heat dies down (or I'm cauterized?) and lots of flavors come forward.  After taste gets really nice and lingering with multiple flavors.  Obvious that it's a blend.  Though this is nowhere near nectar of gods 4 roses mariage, it is quite good.  Take-home, if you get meh impression on 1st sip, keep at it and she'll do ya right.

• I like it 1

Sorry but I have been away for a bit. It has been a very hectic Spring.  Had to open up the RV at the end of April and then had some additions done to the bar on the site.  Been working from there for the last month.  Celebrated our 47th anniversary last week.  I am still waiting on our return to work which means that I will begin to go back 1-2 days per week( I was already transitioning to full time work from home prior to the pandemic).  Puppy is now at 10  months and fully grown but still has puppy ways and is very stubborn at times but overall is fitting in well with the family.  have not been hitting the bourbon often during this time. Occasionally have some blade and bow but been trying the TX bourbon.  I don't know if it is a full on wheater as the bottle says corn and wheat but it does not have that corn musty taste that I often find in poorly done wheaters ( I am looking at you, Smooth Ambler Big Level).

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

IMG_3480D.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

• I like it 5

It’s a nice evening out, and I’m once again relaxing on the back patio with my wife. The Cubs game is on, and I’ve been visiting with Bill, Elmer, and Albert.  😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s a nice evening out, and I’m once again relaxing on the back patio with my wife. The Cubs game is on, and I’ve been visiting with Bill, Elmer, and Albert.  😉

Biba! Joe

Clinton, Fudd, and Einstein??

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

Clinton, Fudd, and Einstein??

Hold this for me Phil. 😏

Biba! Joe

14 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

KC 12 with a brownie.

7CD19FAB-FD2F-4C56-A70A-E260F460F496.thumb.jpeg.a20531e4a8c669b48ff660c24c5766d6.jpeg

That’s a watermelon bro

good pour

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 5

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

That’s a watermelon bro

good pour

That watermelon is a prop, there for artistic purposes, to add some extra color to the picture 😉🤣. My daughter is a photographer and she teaches me things. 

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

That watermelon is a prop, there for artistic purposes, to add some extra color to the picture 😉🤣. My daughter is a photographer and she teaches me things. 

Good to know that you can still be taught.  Great pour.  KC is a favorite of mine.

Grilling out causes me to crave bourbons that I get lots of wood/new char notes from. My two favorite of these are Maker's 46 and Peg Leg Porker.

23 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Sorry but I have been away for a bit. It has been a very hectic Spring.  Had to open up the RV at the end of April and then had some additions done to the bar on the site.  Been working from there for the last month.  Celebrated our 47th anniversary last week.  I am still waiting on our return to work which means that I will begin to go back 1-2 days per week( I was already transitioning to full time work from home prior to the pandemic).  Puppy is now at 10  months and fully grown but still has puppy ways and is very stubborn at times but overall is fitting in well with the family.  have not been hitting the bourbon often during this time. Occasionally have some blade and bow but been trying the TX bourbon.  I don't know if it is a full on wheater as the bottle says corn and wheat but it does not have that corn musty taste that I often find in poorly done wheaters ( I am looking at you, Smooth Ambler Big Level).

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

IMG_3480D.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is this site/setup?  Is this an outdoor area you own/rent and dock your RV at?  Looks very interesting and would appreciate any info/background you could provide!

The AC went out at work today. That is the thermostat in my office. Needed a cold drink when I got home. Bought some Shocktop but it wasn't cold yet so poured a couple old fashioned cocktails with MM101. Got some Bada Bing cherries because I couldn't bring myself to drop $23 on Luxardo. Used blood orange. I prefer without actual ice so I used a steel sphere and "rocks". Starting to cool down.

I think MM101 is my new favorite mixer.

20210616_165015.jpg

20210616_182150.jpg

• I like it 2

On 6/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, steven s said:

...depending on where you live and/or shop...

Slowly working on this bottle while planning our vacation to Bali. :)

F095AE78-37D4-423B-81E2-3C5E2C7B3335.jpeg

• I like it 2

Today our church set up the gym with a projector for kids movie.  My son and I brought a packing blanket for the floor and two folding chairs.  It really did seem like the real movie experience with people.  Disney's "Soul" is sort of a strange big concept movie, but he sat through it.  Everyone sleeping now.  MMCS for Dad.

• I like it 5

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

The AC went out at work today. That is the thermostat in my office. Needed a cold drink when I got home. Bought some Shocktop but it wasn't cold yet so poured a couple old fashioned cocktails with MM101. Got some Bada Bing cherries because I couldn't bring myself to drop $23 on Luxardo. Used blood orange. I prefer without actual ice so I used a steel sphere and "rocks". Starting to cool down.

20210616_165015.jpg

20210616_182150.jpg

Nice...the Bad Bing's aren't half bad. Of course I've never had the Luxardo, so it could just be that I don't know what I'm missing.

38 minutes ago, BDanner said:

Nice...the Bad Bing's aren't half bad. Of course I've never had the Luxardo, so it could just be that I don't know what I'm missing.

My favorite cherries are Griottines.  Just delicious!  Better than Luxardo, IMO.  I don't see them in stores so I had to order them from Amazon. 

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, sbsbsb said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is this site/setup?  Is this an outdoor area you own/rent and dock your RV at?  Looks very interesting and would appreciate any info/background you could provide!

WE are at River Ridge RV resort at Stanwood, MI.( about 10 minutes South of Big Rapids, MI.  It is on an old Hydroelectric reservoir run by Consumer's Energy.    Technically, we are located as the separation of the Muskegon River and  Hardy Dam Pond.  This is a seasonal site so  our RV never moves.  They had to redo the bluff a few years ago due to erosion and we got decks on all our site at that time.  We decided to make a major investment on our site by adding the wall, bar and grill.  I use a hotspot for Wifi service and was surprised to find that AT&T had upgraded the service to 5G this year.  I work from there during the Summer.  It is fully handicapped accessible which is a must for our daughter.  WE have a slip at the marina with a pontoon boat and we can roll her directly on the boat.  It works well for us.   The Resort is most seasonals now with only limited camping sites available.  If you want more pics of our setup, I can send those along.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Clueby said:

20210616_165015.jpg

20210616_182150.jpg

Fingers crossed that AC issue got resolved, or you're going to be miserable today and tomorrow. You may need to throw a bottle of 4RYL in the company freezer.

32 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Fingers crossed that AC issue got resolved, or you're going to be miserable today and tomorrow. You may need to throw a bottle of 4RYL in the company freezer.

They got it fixed but I went to a customer site this morning. Sitting in a data center freezing!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.