What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Spent the night camping in Colorado's San Juan mountains.  I remembered to bring some fine bourbon and a cigar, but forgot to bring along a glass to drink it from.  I had to go "MacGyver" and fashion a fancy glass from a water bottle.

It was a little sketchy holding onto that cup, but the bourbon tasted just as delicious and the cup burned up in the fire when I finished.   4RLE never disappoints - so good.

IMG_3571.jpg

• I like it 15

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

Had my favorite type of bourbon last night...free!

20210609_172314.jpg

Hey Tim,

Nice pic - did you have to pee, too?!?   🤣

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Hey Tim,

Nice pic - did you have to pee, too?!?   🤣

LMAO! 🤣

Biba! Joe

Another hot and humid one today. 🥵 On the back patio with ice water in one glass, and my 2021 Weller Blend in another. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Enjoying some 1792RR from a local private pick years ago (with the RR label, bit over 9 yrs IIRC).  Freaking delicious (and a bit hilarious to me, how at $23 this was 'premium' at the time - although in terms of flavor - not wrong about that!)

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Another hot and humid one today. 🥵 

No kidding, and I think it’s going to be this way for awhile.  

Came home from work and found a package had been dropped off! Made my day and up to 9 of the 10 recipes again.  Despite the rarity the Os have never been one of my favorite yeasts, but this one is hitting the spot.

0D6E8D30-D4BD-41F5-9F8C-A079F6CFCE84.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Typo
  • I like it 5

O has never been one of my favorite yeasts either.  But, I wouldn't pass up an OBSO or OESO if I ran across one at a reasonable price.  It is more relative for me.  I prefer K yeast but the others are pretty good too.

• I like it 3

Finally found one these Maker Mark FAE-01.  Compared to my only other open wheater, WSR.  Man not even close.  I know it’s not a fair fight it’s a $22 bottle vs. a $60+ bottle but wow. The idea that people are paying weird secondary prices for WSR and passing on this is crazy.

F7CE47EB-E303-473F-953D-0386B995A059.jpeg

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Finally found one these Maker Mark FAE-01.  Compared to my only other open wheater, WSR.  Man not even close.  I know it’s not a fair fight it’s a $22 bottle vs. a $60+ bottle but wow. The idea that people are paying weird secondary prices for WSR and passing on this is crazy.

F7CE47EB-E303-473F-953D-0386B995A059.jpeg

I’ve been enjoying several different MM iterations lately. The FAE-01 I bought was disappointing.The woody, doughy flavor wasn’t at all to my liking. After a few pours I gave it away. I’d much rather have two bottles of Weller SR than one of the FAE-01. Just my  opinion. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Long hot week at work. The next week or ten days don’t look much better. 😟 First pour on the back patio this evening (with fan going) was a blended pour of MM and MM46. Good. MM 101 in the glass now. Better. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

1792 BiB  on the deck with the neighbor.  We spent the day on the lake both the fishermen and the fish were fried.  🥵

• I like it 2

Finished off a splash from a  MMCS 20-03  and cracked open another MM101. My original opinion stands; MMCS more intense/complex but harsher. MM101 sweet like pecan pie filling, just delicious, but not much depth on the finish. So tasty!

• I like it 1

Sippin on ER watching the Mets and Padres. deGrom starts are can't miss tv.

• I like it 1

So, a story about this one I’m drinking tonight. My wife works as the IT Manager at a local law firm. A software company contacted her and offered a virtual bourbon and bacon tasting if she would sit through a presentation of the company’s product.  My wife doesn’t like bourbon but loves bacon so she said ‘why not’.  The tasting was a couple weeks later and the software company arranged for the bourbon and bacon to be delivered to our house. My wife (and I) were expecting an airplane bottle.  We got a 750 to our surprise, very well packed, directly from the distillery.  My wife sat through the tasting, learned a few things about bourbon and tasting it and enjoyed the chocolate covered bacon. She didn’t like the bourbon - ‘it burns, my mouth is on fire’.  The bourbon has been added to my small stash. It’s ok, kinda young, floral, grassy, a little vanilla and caramel, and peanuts on the palate and a fast finish.  Oh, and my wife didn’t pay attention to the software presentation.

EF6F3568-3569-4FEC-8FEB-A45F501697AF.thumb.jpeg.2395ee629534f51c146ed6dcdccaa743.jpegA188A144-2249-48F7-809F-CDD019FD0D64.thumb.jpeg.0084b4539d1578186c36644e79496421.jpeg05CE0B47-A38C-4CB5-B5B7-8DD94CEFCBFC.thumb.jpeg.690a981133e90e29a72bec9e2e68cbb2.jpeg

• I like it 5

This evening my oldest son graduated from his medical residency at IU.  He was allowed to attend in person but we had to watch via Zoom.  So tonight, I am toasting him with a nice pour of Four Roses Single Barrel.  I will follow with another small pour of Four Roses Small Batch Select just because I can.  We will celebrate on Sunday when I will pull out something nice that we can enjoy together.

• I like it 11

On 6/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, kemosabe said:

Spent the night camping in Colorado's San Juan mountains.  I remembered to bring some fine bourbon and a cigar, but forgot to bring along a glass to drink it from.  I had to go "MacGyver" and fashion a fancy glass from a water bottle.

It was a little sketchy holding onto that cup, but the bourbon tasted just as delicious and the cup burned up in the fire when I finished.   4RLE never disappoints - so good.

IMG_3571.jpg

Now that's a mighty fine camping bourbon!

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

This evening my oldest son graduated from his medical residency at IU.  He was allowed to attend in person but we had to watch via Zoom.  So tonight, I am toasting him with a nice pour of Four Roses Single Barrel.  I will follow with another small pour of Four Roses Small Batch Select just because I can.  We will celebrate on Sunday when I will pull out something nice that we can enjoy together.

Congrats to your son, and your whole fam damily! 🥳

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

After a scary 10 days in the hospital (8 in the ICU) with double pneumonia I decided to open my special bottle I’ve been saving for years.    Popped the Pappy 15 tonight and it was delicious.  Kind of makes me think why I’m bunkering all these bottles I don’t drink.  Cheers yall.  

• I like it 15

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.