What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20210531_161854.thumb.jpg.96677b7da29bf0494fd401adfe6b292b.jpg

Following suite, here and I figured ER was appropriate.

The 1st toast to our Fallen Heroes and their supporting troops from Bunker Hill to today and beyond...

2nd to All Veterans who have served and supported this Country and it's Freedom.

3rd to all Military who are presently answering the call for our continued Freedom.

And let's not forget our brave Policemen, Fire Fighters & All  who continually lay down their lives for this Country.

Hoping that everyone had a great weekend...

• I like it 12

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

The 1st toast to our Fallen Heroes and their supporting troops from Bunker Hill to today and beyond...

2nd to All Veterans who have served and supported this Country and it's Freedom.

3rd to all Military who are presently answering the call for our continued Freedom.

And let's not forget our brave Policemen, Fire Fighters & All  who continually lay down their lives for this Country.

You offered the toasts much better than I could have. And much respect to our fallen heroes.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Eagle Rare is one of my favorites, especially their store picks. The last couple years these have become harder and harder to find in my neck of the woods. I have 3 bottles left that I’ve been saving since I can’t really find them anymore. Your post inspired me to crack one in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy the freedoms we enjoy everyday. Cheers!

CAA37B23-9DE1-4829-956F-FAB061C57E47.jpeg

• I like it 4

Long weekend of traveling with my wife and 17month old from the Hudson Valley to Central New York to see my parents and family. First long, multi day trip with the kid. Finally got home last evening, and after unpacking and getting the son to bed, treated myself to a large pour of a freshly opening JWD. Followed that with a small pour of ECBP B519 for a nightcap while watching deGrom pitch a gem.

• I like it 1

Back to work after a great holiday weekend. 🙄 Home from work and out on the back patio with the last pour from my blend of MM & MMCS. Vanilla and biscuit goodness. 😋 It’s a rather short pour, so……..next?? 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

WSR after working in the yard and doing some equipment tune-ups in the shed all day.

• I like it 2

Little pressed on time so combining a few posts into one - I'm drinking OBSQ tonight, from a new thrift store find glass per the paraphernalia thread. Please let me know if you can ID the glass, but it's working for me so far. The Glencairn is just for reference. The rest of the thrift store glass purchases are next to the Glencairns on the shelf, I might detail them another time. And finally, I picked up an OF100 and newer label version Powers John's Lane as backups.

I will miss this 10+ year 4R, but I heard a recent 4R local barrel pick (which I believe @tanstaafl2 Bruce participated in) clocked in at 11+ years, so I'll have an eye out and hopefully be able to get a bottle.

PXL_20210603_231752127.thumb.jpg.6a56837589518300352427d8a45497fc.jpg

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Sam Houston 14.  Supporting a local bottler.

Brad Kelley?

Mehhh day at work today. -_- Got home after work and did a few chores. It’s back patio time again. BT in the glass. 😁

I’ve mentioned before that we’ve already spent more time on our patio this year than we did all last year. It looks like the next week or so will see temps in the upper 80’s and low 90’s, so we gotta make the most of it while we can. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Back on the road again after a long absence, to visit with a customer.  Pulled the carry-on bag out, and it still had the Delta strap on it from my last return flight from O’Hare on March 11, 2020...Seems like yesterday...Seems like a lifetime ago at the same time.

Anywho, WT Rare Breed in my hotel room while wondering what absolute necessity I will discover that I’ve forgotten to pack, when I get ready in the morning...🤪

093A31F7-A133-448C-B734-803F97628D44.jpeg

• I like it 7

On 5/31/2021 at 9:37 PM, LvR Mike said:

Night cap to a long weekend.

00D30A7F-562D-4E12-9D2F-C94F2A38691C.jpeg

How is that?

I keep seeing it around town.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

while wondering what absolute necessity I will discover that I’ve forgotten to pack, when I get ready in the morning...🤪

093A31F7-A133-448C-B734-803F97628D44.jpeg

Tylenol, depending on how much of that bottle evaporates tonight.

:)

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

4 roses single barrel store pick tonight

(OBSV 100p, 7y6m that I helped pick).

Too dark in here for a picture and I'm too lazy to turn the lights on or look for my phone. 

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Tylenol, depending on how much of that bottle evaporates tonight.

:)

Could be!  I haven’t looked, but may be underwear or dress shoes... 🤪

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, markandrex said:

Sam Houston 14.  Supporting a local bottler.

Good stuff.  

Tastes like 1792 "aged fourteen years"

Priced less than secondary for 1792 "aged twelve years"

win-win (for me at least)

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

Good stuff.  

Tastes like 1792 "aged fourteen years"

Priced less than secondary for 1792 "aged twelve years"

win-win (for me at least)

Is it Barton juice?

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

Is it Barton juice?

Supposedly.

Based upon what I’ve read and my palate (for my bottle anyway).

🤷‍♂️

• I like it 1

I like 3 day holiday weekends, but it always amazes me how the following short work week can seem so long. 🤔 Got home from work and had the last couple of pours from a bottle of Weller SR. 🤗

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Back to the Knob Creek single barrel today. Might have to water it down a bit to get to all the flavors but still pretty nice as-is.

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I like 3 day holiday weekends, but it always amazes me how the following short work week can seem so long. 🤔 Got home from work and had the last couple of pours from a bottle of Weller SR. 🤗

Biba! Joe

Looking at your post and sig, you've convinced me; gonna start looking for Weller. :D

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, jpb5151 said:

Looking at your post and sig, you've convinced me; gonna start looking for Weller. :D

This quest will only end in frustration.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.