What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had a long, hot day at work today. The good news is that my supervisor was off today, so that made it more bearable. 😜 I got home from work and hit the back patio with short pours of Pappy 15 and 2019 WLW till it started sprinkling. The reason for the nice pours is that today is my birthday. Yes, I’m now officially an old fart. It’s the big 65!  And I quote, “No applause, just throw money.” 😂

Biba! Joe

Head down, glass in hand, end in sight. Ahhh

OBTW HBD!!!

• I like it 1

Tonight I'm watching the odd spectacle of Philly playing Atlanta simultaneously in basketball and baseball.   Right now,  we're up in basketball, down in baseball.

The preferred drink to this occasion is Sagamore Spirit's Barrel Select,  which is - get this - a vanilla bomb of a rye.  

Go Sixers!    Go Shake Milton.  who's pounding threes like cheap Beam and a Lager.   

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had a long, hot day at work today. The good news is that my supervisor was off today, so that made it more bearable. 😜 I got home from work and hit the back patio with short pours of Pappy 15 and 2019 WLW till it started sprinkling. The reason for the nice pours is that today is my birthday. Yes, I’m now officially an old fart. It’s the big 65!  And I quote, “No applause, just throw money.” 😂

Biba! Joe

Happy birthday!  I’m only a couple years behind you.  My wife and kids called me an old fart at 60. 

Currently quaffing the new 90 proof EW 1783. 16 bucks for this? Are you joking? This is another knockout at the price point, joining Fighting Cock at the top of my list of sub-$20 bottles. (Oddly, Woodman's was asking 32 for 1783 last I looked....way out of line with their usual pricing on other HH bottles. Weird. Hard pass at 32, but hell yeah at $16!)

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Since the closest I have open is MMCS, I'll toast that for your birthday. 🥳

A most unusual McKenna.  McKenna 10 year BIB single barrel.  I've been a fan of these since twist top days but not had that many recently due to bourbon boom.  These are single barrel so one barrel different than next.  Whoever picked this barrel needs to rethink career choices as it doesn't fit the profile.  Zero up front, bland complexity, zero after.  In a blind taste I'd probably call it ER10.  Here's the problem.  My modus operandi is lots of different sips in an evening for comparison.  Tonight it's only been this McKenna and will finish that way, half bottle down in single sitting and not done yet.  

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Happy birthday,there, young fella'.  Wishing you many more!   🥳

• I like it 2

On 6/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, PaulO said:

It doesn't say BIB on the label, but I'm pretty sure 100 proof single barrel would meet all the requirements if Four Roses wanted to apply with the TTB.

That would only matter if the barrel is aging in a bonded warehouse. Not all bourbon warehouses are bonded. I don’t know specifically if Four Roses does or doesn’t have bonded warehouses

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

You don’t look a day over 25. 

(Have the mods chosen bourbonian of the year yet? 🙃 )

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Belated Happy Birthday you old fart!

Cheers :D

• I like it 1

Left work early to do a favor for a friend yesterday afternoon, so rewarded myself with a WSR as I logged back on to finish a few emails and presentations. Bourbon probably doesn't help my mild dyslexia, but that is what spellcheck is for.

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Happy birthday Joe!!, In your honor I shall break my bourbon fast with a pour of 1792 to salute you! It won't taste right to me but hey, its the thought that counts.

• I like it 1

Another satisfying slug of FRYL straight from the freezer in my Yeti at the (hopefully) end of a 4-day heat wave in New England.  Cold front with rain storms tonite and temps in the 60s.  YEAH!   🥳

22 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Another satisfying slug of FRYL straight from the freezer in my Yeti at the (hopefully) end of a 4-day heat wave in New England.  Cold front with rain storms tonite and temps in the 60s.  YEAH!   🥳

I thought all old people were huge fans of hot weather.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Us "old people" don't look good naked in hot weather anymore (or any other time for that matter).  😓

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Not this old fart. 😉

Long hot day at work today. Even though it’s hot out, I’m in the shade on my patio with a pour of ER. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Ancient Ancient 10-star this evening. Really enjoy the smooth simplicity. Also helps me appreciate the others like RRSiB, KC9 single-barrel, etc. Lots more flavor there (yes, still bourbon newbie here). Still, it's nice sipping while I cook up some fish.

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not this old fart. 😉

Long hot day at work today. Even though it’s hot out, I’m in the shade on my patio with a pour of ER. 😋

Biba! Joe

Happy Belated Birthday @fishnbowljoe!  I am with you regarding heat.  I can handle cold much better than heat.  I have a perfect temperature range between 60 and 80 degrees F. 

We have had a busy week working on a project in the heat and rain all week. One more day tomorrow and then we should be done.  I decided tonight was a good night for a pour or two or three of Four Roses Single Barrel.  It is hitting the spot.  Sitting on my new deck and, oddly, enough flies are biting me.  The more I drink the less it hurts or, at least, the less I notice.  

• I like it 2

I don’t think I’ve had a WT product that I didn’t like a lot.  Just popped the cherry on this.
BB350FEC-DBE5-4788-89CF-BC33AB2229CE.thumb.jpeg.2ca8d4745e394cc073dc4c43fe3bcc45.jpeg

• I like it 5

@fishnbowljoe Happy Belated! A nice celebration.

on topic. WT101 tonight. Realized I've got a batch of BA cocktails coming out Sunday and my WT101 handle has about an inch left. Challenge accepted. And delicious.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

I don’t think I’ve had a WT product that I didn’t like a lot.  Just popped the cherry on this.

I've only found one. [cough] Longbranch [cough]

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.