What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

This quest will only end in frustration.

...depending on where you live and/or shop...

On 6/3/2021 at 11:01 PM, 0895 said:

How is that?

I keep seeing it around town.

It is candy. Super sweet and easy to have a glass or two in one sittng. I think it's a fine one off from time to time but you don't NEED this in your portfolio.

It's a perfect summer's day here at the beach,   and the breeze is wafting around a pour of Driftless Glen,  a straight, single barrel bourbon with 54 months of age behind it,  from Baraboo,  Wisconsin.     It reminds me strongly of Garrison Bros, with that  roasted,  graham-crackery  thing going on.    A Bakers fan might dig this.   

I tried this earlier today at our son's house.  

Maryland should stick to crabs...

20210605_190405.jpg

• I like it 4

These 2 are very similar on paper: high rye bourbons, same price, BIB, and both have great packaging. 

The younger Wilderness Trail holds its own. 20210605_200859.thumb.jpg.07263579d1bb14957e5ccf54efd8a8ad.jpg

• I like it 5

1:41 am drinking ECBP A121 while watching the Women’s Softball World Series, live. Pretty crazy. The sweet oak is quality in this bourbon. 

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I tried this earlier today at our son's house.  

Maryland should stick to crabs...

20210605_190405.jpg

Now THATS funny!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

1:41 am drinking ECBP A121 while watching the Women’s Softball World Series, live. Pretty crazy. The sweet oak is quality in this bourbon. 

Sorry for the thread drift. 😐 We’ve been watching women’s college softball for ages, and we always look forward to this time of year and the WCWS. I have to give a shout out to the ladies that have been handling the ESPN broadcast duties for a number of years. They are great, and their knowledge and commentary is top notch. 🥳🤗👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Greek chicken kabobs, English cucumber (drizzled with olive oil & Italian seasoning), Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper), red onion, feta cheese (olive oil & cracked black pepper), grilled lemons, grilled pita bread, tzatziki sauce and a watermelon cucumber salad. Paired with a 2014 Viansa Sonoma Valley Chardonnay.

Dessert was chocolate covered espresso beans with a pour of Parker's Heritage Collection Bourbon finished in Orange Curacao barrels.

IMG-1242.jpg

• I like it 9

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Greek chicken kabobs, English cucumber (drizzled with olive oil & Italian seasoning), Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper), red onion, feta cheese (olive oil & cracked black pepper), grilled lemons, grilled pita bread, tzatziki sauce and a watermelon cucumber salad. Paired with a 2014 Viansa Sonoma Valley Chardonnay.

Dessert was chocolate covered espresso beans with a pour of Parker's Heritage Collection Bourbon finished in Orange Curacao barrels.

IMG-1242.jpg

I had never heard of English cucumbers until today. Only cucumbers! 

I am sipping on some 4R SBS which has yet to reach these shores so I shall enjoy it whilst it lasts. 

20210606_211014.jpg

• I like it 3

Poured a little FRSmB.  Just wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to that other Lawrenceburg distillery and went with W101.  That is working better.

• I like it 2

Knob Creek single barrel and a bit of Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. The EW does really help me appreciate the flavors in KC but both are still worth their cabinet space. Also did just a snort of the Ancient Ancient Age 10-star bought yesterday, really not bad at all. Very good in fact for the price.

4 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

Poured a little FRSmB.  Just wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to that other Lawrenceburg distillery and went with W101.  That is working better.

WT101 always works.

• I like it 3

Finished the spring soccer season earlier this evening.  Came home with a nice big pizza.  Enjoying a few pours to unwind.  Treated myself to a pour of WL12.  The new bottle is much better than my last few bottles of the older style bottle.  Less sooty and less oaky.  A really nice pour.  Following up with a nice pour of FRSiB.  Weather is starting to get hot in Indiana. 

• I like it 2

I had lawn mower trouble, so I had to do the whole huge back yard with my back up - Black & Decker electric (extension cord) mower, and as fast as possible. 🤬 Rain was on the way: overcast, heavy humid air, those intermittent cool breezes, trees gently sway, the odd stray drop.  I got her done.  Literally five minutes after I shut the garage - sprinkling.

Then I had to make supper for the family.

I earned this JTS Brown. 🥃

• I like it 4

Happy Monday!? Crappy day at work. 🙄 On the back patio with ER 10/101 in the glass. Ahhhhhhh. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Having a pour of Bulleit Store Pick that I just opened. Not bad... 

• I like it 1

Old Forester 100 treating me very well tonight.  

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Old Forester 100 treating me very well tonight.  

Always!

On 6/5/2021 at 9:42 PM, JCwhammie said:

These 2 are very similar on paper: high rye bourbons, same price, BIB, and both have great packaging. 

The younger Wilderness Trail holds its own. 20210605_200859.thumb.jpg.07263579d1bb14957e5ccf54efd8a8ad.jpg

Maybe I’m crazy but I’ve never seen a Four Roses product labeled as BIB?

21 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I’ve never seen a Four Roses product labeled as BIB?

It doesn't say BIB on the label, but I'm pretty sure 100 proof single barrel would meet all the requirements if Four Roses wanted to apply with the TTB.

• I like it 2

I had a long, hot day at work today. The good news is that my supervisor was off today, so that made it more bearable. 😜 I got home from work and hit the back patio with short pours of Pappy 15 and 2019 WLW till it started sprinkling. The reason for the nice pours is that today is my birthday. Yes, I’m now officially an old fart. It’s the big 65!  And I quote, “No applause, just throw money.” 😂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 14

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.