What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Beyond some solid Texas choices, pickings were slim around Austin TX yesterday... but did pull a large Baby Saz and BT 750 to bring home. I had not seen 1.75's of Baby Saz..

IMG_0762.JPG

The large baby saz is a white whale in my part of the Mid-West.   Such rye goodness and  2+ bottles worth at that.  Very reasonable MSRP in my opinion,  but even the 750 is really tough to find.   Hopefully the increase production will lead to some of these value pours actually being attainable down the line.

5 hours ago, geclbxf said:

The large baby saz is a white whale in my part of the Mid-West.   Such rye goodness and  2+ bottles worth at that.  Very reasonable MSRP in my opinion,  but even the 750 is really tough to find.   Hopefully the increase production will lead to some of these value pours actually being attainable down the line.

I had no idea big Baby Saz even existed.

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof has been getting harder and harder to find the A121 at or near MSRP. Last couple months, I wasn’t finding it for less than $100. Saw a bottle for $69 finally and was enough to finally pull the trigger - glad I was patient with this. Had been nursing my B520 in the meantime hoping it’ll last long enough until I was able to get a A121. 

I'm not a big Bulleit guy.  I think the last bottle I bought was the 10 year around five years ago in Fort Davis, TX.  Yesterday I hiked across Manhattan and picked up a couple of bottles of the Blenders Select.  Sipped it while making dinner.  I haven't had the 4 Roses Small Batch in a while but IIRC, this is better.  Classic vanilla and brown sugar nose. Fruity and easy drinking.  A little heat at the end and a medium finish.  I'd probably buy a couple more bottles if I could find it for under 50 but the store nearest me has it marked up to 70 bucks.  That's too high.   Made a nice Manhattan for my wife.

IMG_7306.thumb.jpg.6baf58af8851c0c17c2cfefdfc9f1196.jpg

• I like it 5

On 5/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, flahute said:

I feel like you should probably get a black mark on your moderator card for this.  😜

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

I feel like you should probably get a black mark on your moderator card for this.  😜

Confirmed!

• I like it 2

I did not either until I saw one recently.  Passed at $70, but I did purchase a 200ml baby baby saz because it was adorable.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I did not either until I saw one recently.  Passed at $70, but I did purchase a 200ml baby baby saz because it was adorable.  

PSA - Specs in Austin TX had them for 40.00 ea last Friday! 

Everything's bigger in Texas

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

but I did purchase a 200ml baby baby saz because it was adorable.  

Yeah me too, irresistible for sure

The ER10 375ml store picks are a nifty small pack as well. 

• I like it 2

Made some purchases to help restock the bunker while visiting the NHSLS. Not all bourbon but a few essentials. No Weller, ETL, or even Eagle Rare. Bummed that 4R Single Barrel is now touching the $50 price point.

DFBE7964-A047-4101-B7CF-859EAA6C3110.jpeg

• I like it 3

Really?!

This is exactly why nobody would (or should) let me do their product marketing...

😂😂😂

8947D36E-59EA-4891-9C7C-27CDD244109B.jpeg

• I like it 4

51 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Really?!

This is exactly why nobody would (or should) let me do their product marketing...

😂😂😂

I guess the advertising campaign for Red Bush ruffled some feathers...I like it quite a bit, quite tasty in the budget Irish realm. There's a little place nearby that has some on sale, which reminds me I need to stop & pick up more.

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

PSA - Specs in Austin TX had them for 40.00 ea last Friday! 

$70 was for the big ones. Think the 750ml was $29.99. If you’re seeing $40 for the 1.75L back up the truck and save some for meeeee!

• I like it 2

Kind of excited to pick this one up, yesterday. This one at 111pf and 4yrs + 1 month is a little older than any reviewed that I've seen and those reviews were stellar...

dett.thumb.jpg.a757b70ad42ad1cfc4594a54064581f1.jpg

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Really?!

😂😂😂

Now that's Irish!!! 🤣

• I like it 5

I feel it's time to let you all know that "Knob" is slang for penis over here too...

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, beasled said:

I feel it's time to let you all know that "Knob" is slang for penis over here too...

I remember Johnny Carson using that term on the old Tonight Show.  Not enough people knew what it meant.  He didn't get censored.  Even as a child, by the context, I knew it was naughty. 🤣

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, beasled said:

LMAO! 😂

Biba! Joe

I don't get to post in this topic very often. Picked these up for a friend and fellow store patron, who has not been able to make it out and about for a bit.

IMG_20210525_211507.jpg

4 hours ago, beasled said:

Well played sir.  That's really funny.

9 hours ago, lemonman said:

I guess the advertising campaign for Red Bush ruffled some feathers...I like it quite a bit, quite tasty in the budget Irish realm. There's a little place nearby that has some on sale, which reminds me I need to stop & pick up more.

It was a close out at the New Hampshire liquor store, $20 a bottle  down from $40, aged in bourbon barrels. i am a long time Bushmill’s drinker and could not turn 6 bottles for $120. With Red Breast and Green Spot Irish north of $60, i will suffer through these. 😀

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.