What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Nick Offerman is my hero, just wish I liked his scotch lol.

Yeah. There is no middle ground on peat. You either love it, or hate it. 

• I like it 2

Ok. I may have a problem. Day two of binge buying. The new iteration of EW1783, an Eagle Rare, and a Jefferson’s Reserve Single Barrel 100 proof. Didn’t know they were doing this until I saw this bottle today. 

AEEEB68A-C3D2-4352-A07F-5F3681BC9113.jpeg

3 hours ago, BDanner said:

Ok. I may have a problem. Day two of binge buying. The new iteration of EW1783, an Eagle Rare, and a Jefferson’s Reserve Single Barrel 100 proof. Didn’t know they were doing this until I saw this bottle today. 

AEEEB68A-C3D2-4352-A07F-5F3681BC9113.jpeg

Seems like a good problem to have. Is all of Jefferson’s sourced from MGP at this point?

On 5/28/2021 at 7:41 AM, jnewberg said:

Happy to have grabbed a pair of the Batch 41, MI only, release of Cigar Blend. 

8B273C73-07DD-48D3-BBD2-E0235AF1DF71.jpeg

Please let me know what you think about it, @jnewberg. I've tried to make it a little different from standard Cigar Blend offerings, and I want to know if I'm on the right track for the Michigan-only version. 

Cheers!

Nancy

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Seems like a good problem to have. Is all of Jefferson’s sourced from MGP at this point?

Not sure? I was thinking they pulled from several sources and then blended? MGP, Beam, HH, 4R

3 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

The state of origin is supposed to be somewhere on the label.  If it says distilled in Indiana, MGP is a safe bet.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Please let me know what you think about it, @jnewberg. I've tried to make it a little different from standard Cigar Blend offerings, and I want to know if I'm on the right track for the Michigan-only version. 

Cheers!

Nancy

I will do that when I open it... I do not have any other cigar blends to compare it to, but I will do my best 

29 minutes ago, jnewberg said:

I will do that when I open it... I do not have any other cigar blends to compare it to, but I will do my best 

But we don't even have a chance to get the Michigan Cigar Blend, let alone taste it.  Maybe I'll have to make a road trip back to my birth place (Sparrow Hospital, Lansing - Mom and Dad were getting their Ph.D.s at MSC back then).   🤪

• I like it 3

Long line today, looked like everyone was after a new shipment. Eagle Rare, Ancient Age and I forget what else. Was at the end of the line so I got the Ancient Ancient and also snagged some Rye from the shelf. Never had either.

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.80fb2d89e605c17b0bc73fa90b2799d7.jpeg

While I was out and about today, I stopped at a liquor store. I was hoping to find to find a EW 1783. They were sold out, but I did come away with a pretty nice consolation prize. A Weller SR came home with me. Go figure. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Just got back from a KY trip. Thankfully everything was purchased at MSRP.

download_20210603_163608.jpg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

For some reason your address isn't showing up in your post. :D

8 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

This is like one of those identification games where you have to guess the bottles with only a partial look!

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

This is like one of those identification games where you have to guess the bottles with only a partial look!

Give it a shot. I will give a hint that the Benchmark bottles beyond the front row are all Full Proof 

Been at least a year since I've bought some bourbon. This has always been a favorite, especially in the old recipe and bottle. The new prices are pretty outrageous on a lot of other's I like.

20210606_165057.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon
  • I like it 2

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

While I was out and about today, I stopped at a liquor store. I was hoping to find to find a EW 1783. They were sold out, but I did come away with a pretty nice consolation prize. A Weller SR came home with me. Go figure. 😉

Biba! Joe

Yes, I may be a Weller whore, but… 

The above bottle now has a new home. 🤔 I heard of someone in need, so I decided to pay it forward. It’s a lesson I learned from the graciousness of others here. 😊

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Was starting to get worried because since my “it’s back” post i had not been able to find it.  Two stores had it today and at one it was a “limit one” situation.  $12.99 each OTD.

i referencing the HH not the MFC. 😂

E24086E0-840D-4CEC-8C45-A7EE51352078.jpeg

• I like it 7

21 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

Was starting to get worried because since my “it’s back” post i had not been able to find it.  Two stores had it today and at one it was a “limit one” situation.  $12.99 each OTD.

i referencing the HH not the MFC. 😂

E24086E0-840D-4CEC-8C45-A7EE51352078.jpeg

Glad to see it. I had been worried the HH6 might have been discontinued given the scarcity I observed the last several months. Hopefully it soon has the limit 1 removed too.

Getting back to the office has allowed me to visit a few place to/from that I haven't been to in quite a while, and was able to pick up a Knob Creek 12 yesterday at MSRP. 

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Edd said:

Went Turkey hunting.....

Nice flock ya got there Edd.👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Edd said:

Went Turkey hunting.....

20210609_140816.jpg

Love that Rare Breed. My opinion, those two are fantastic pours for the money. Now, they are getting hard to find. 

34 minutes ago, Bourbon Neophyte said:

Love that Rare Breed. My opinion, those two are fantastic pours for the money. Now, they are getting hard to find. 

Like I've said in previous posts, being new to bourbon after years of Scotch, the W.T. offerings are quickly becoming a favorite. Rare Breed without a doubt is my go to. Living in N. Fl, the 101 and Rare Breed Rye are impossible to find. Just spent a week in the Keys visiting family and I happened to stop in Gainesville for gas and happened to see a store. Walked in and the rye 101 and R.B. were sitting on the shelf.

Edited by Edd
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, Edd said:

Like I've said in previous posts, being new to bourbon after years of Scotch, the W.T. offerings are quickly becoming a favorite. Rare Breed without a doubt is my go to. Living in N. Fl, the 101 and Rare Breed Rye are impossible to find. Just spent a week in the Keys visiting family and I happened to stop in Gainesville for gas and happened to see a store. Walked in and the rye 101 and R.B. were sitting on the shelf.

It looks like you found the new label 101 rye, appears to be a 1L bottle too.  The ones I found recently are still the big turkey head label.

When I hear Gainesville - I think Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. 

5 hours ago, PaulO said:

It looks like you found the new label 101 rye, appears to be a 1L bottle too.  The ones I found recently are still the big turkey head label.

When I hear Gainesville - I think Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. 

Local legend, got to see bim play a couple of times. Fingers Felder from the Eagles is another local legend. Was Tom's first guitar instructor. Had a funny interview where he says this skinny buck toothed kid walked into his shop wanting lessons and the rest.....

Edited by Edd
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.