What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Case of WT101 handles at $35/ea otd. EC handles for $42/ea otd. Coast Guard Exchange and best part is the no tax.

C99069C0-C2D7-42DB-BB82-21FC28D91858.jpeg

• I like it 13

2 hours ago, RT Fan said:

Wow, $40 seems really high; everyday price is $20 around here, and the place I mentioned has it for $16.99.  Redbreast & Green Spot are $55-60 though, so about the same.

Went looking on WED (today's THURS) for my OGD BIB at my basic place and found the cupboard bare.  Asked, "WTF????"  Was told, "Um, come back next week."  SO, I bought some WT 101 on sale and picked up something I don't think I've ever had which I shall feature as Virtual Bottle Tasting # 756.  ASIDE - I drinking it as I type this.

SO!  Today, I concocted an excuse to "shop" by saying, "We need more wine," and ventured out.  A case of OGD BIB, a half dozen 750s of basic Pomerol, a half dozen 750s of Martin Codax albarino, and four bottles of "J" pinot noir now have a new home.

The wine I can explain.  The case of OGD BIB, not so much.  HENCE, it is now nestled in and amongst my multiple cans of Chef Boyardee Ravioli stashed in the trunk of my car.

Uh, anybody ELSE out there addicted to CBR?:o

• I like it 6

On 5/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, scratchline said:

I'm not a big Bulleit guy.  I think the last bottle I bought was the 10 year around five years ago in Fort Davis, TX.  Yesterday I hiked across Manhattan and picked up a couple of bottles of the Blenders Select.  Sipped it while making dinner.  I haven't had the 4 Roses Small Batch in a while but IIRC, this is better.  Classic vanilla and brown sugar nose. Fruity and easy drinking.  A little heat at the end and a medium finish.  I'd probably buy a couple more bottles if I could find it for under 50 but the store nearest me has it marked up to 70 bucks.  That's too high.   Made a nice Manhattan for my wife.

IMG_7306.thumb.jpg.6baf58af8851c0c17c2cfefdfc9f1196.jpg

it is really great stuff!

Grabbed Knob Creek Single Barrel, Woodford Double Oaked and Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. Should probably open the KCSiB since I have 5 of them now. Also now 2 DO and 2 EWBiB. Lost the OF100, so am up a net of 2 bottles this week.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Oh man, I used to have my mother warm that on the stove and pour it into a thermos for my lunch in grammar school.  (That was if I was lucky).

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My Grandmother came over from Sicily. This is almost as blasphemist as you can get!!!

Now beenie weenie, that's a different story...

Edited by bayouredd

Happy to have grabbed a pair of the Batch 41, MI only, release of Cigar Blend. 

8B273C73-07DD-48D3-BBD2-E0235AF1DF71.jpeg

• I like it 8

These poor guys turned up on my doorstep from New Jersey, so I felt obligated to take them in...

20210527_141037.jpg

• I like it 4

Came home with these bad boys yesterday.  I traded a bottle of Harlan Estate Napa Valley red wine for the Stagg

IMG_3219.jpg

• I like it 5

6 hours ago, jnewberg said:

Happy to have grabbed a pair of the Batch 41, MI only, release of Cigar Blend. 

8B273C73-07DD-48D3-BBD2-E0235AF1DF71.jpeg

MI only!? Now that’s some bullshit.

• I like it 2

Thanks to tip from Galvin0791  😎……………..

image.thumb.jpeg.cd51b871d6bc6c73e288d89599ae469e.jpeg

All at msrp too. 😮 Thanks Ken. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, mal00768 said:

MI only!? Now that’s some bullshit.

First batch they have released here... Just moved operation to Holland MI so hopefully I see more... Reading their website, this is a completely different batch than the previous ones... Can’t wait to crack

24 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks to tip from Galvin0791  😎……………..

image.thumb.jpeg.cd51b871d6bc6c73e288d89599ae469e.jpeg

All at msrp too. 😮 Thanks Ken. 😉

Biba! Joe

He told you where you could score MM46, cool!

• I like it 4

Today I managed to get my hands on a case of ECBP B521 and a bottle of Blantons. Don't worry....there was plenty of ECBP still left on the shelf for others to go get as well. Can't wait to finish the open bottle of A121 so I can crack open one of the new ones to compare!

• I like it 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:09 AM, RT Fan said:

Made some purchases to help restock the bunker while visiting the NHSLS. Not all bourbon but a few essentials. No Weller, ETL, or even Eagle Rare. Bummed that 4R Single Barrel is now touching the $50 price point.

DFBE7964-A047-4101-B7CF-859EAA6C3110.jpeg

The CC12 is sex. Love that thing beyond words.

• I like it 1

Went in looking for HH6yr walked out with these as a consolation. Are these available anywhere else or are they KY only?

C115E513-A20A-43FA-B1C5-8F871088CBCA.jpeg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Went in looking for HH6yr walked out with these as a consolation. Are these available anywhere else or are they KY only?

C115E513-A20A-43FA-B1C5-8F871088CBCA.jpeg

Old Bardstown BIB is not Kentucky only. Not sure about the AA

• I like it 1

My buddy from Kentucky always picks these up for me when they go on sale.

20210531_214902.jpg

• I like it 1

Also put a hold card (Julio’s liquors lottery type system) for a Magnus Cigar blend. Fingers crossed!

C92E10CA-5D52-4C77-B39A-C5DD222153EB.jpeg

• I like it 3

Haven't bought anything in a while so I made up for lost time:

(2) ECBP A121

Handle of WT101

1792 FP

RRSiB (standard edition)

Blanton's (store pick I participated in)

OF 100 (God I love this stuff).

• I like it 6

Picked up a random supply of goodness today. The MM is a Private Select by one of the local bourbon groups in the area for a local dive bar. Quite tasty. 

55D3A9E3-F3FC-4583-AC98-D8AAA8F41239.jpeg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Also put a hold card (Julio’s liquors lottery type system) for a Magnus Cigar blend. Fingers crossed!

C92E10CA-5D52-4C77-B39A-C5DD222153EB.jpeg

That PC10 is something else. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BDanner said:

Picked up a random supply of goodness today. The MM is a Private Select by one of the local bourbon groups in the area for a local dive bar. Quite tasty. 

55D3A9E3-F3FC-4583-AC98-D8AAA8F41239.jpeg

Nick Offerman is my hero, just wish I liked his scotch lol.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.