What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice flock ya got there Edd.👍

Biba! Joe

Agreed!

I have to get off my ass and make a concerted effort to snag some of that rye.

Since I have put 4 bottles down this week, figured since I was out replenishing the wife's wine stock, I should add a couple of bottles back for myself as well! So I grabbed a bottle of WTRB on sale which never hurts, and a bottle of 1792 Small Batch. Nothing special, just two solid pours.

• I like it 2

One of the TW stores had ER10 available for online order @ one per person so I grabbed one and messaged Mrs. Clueby who also ordered one. I picked mine up last night and the store employee told me it was my lucky day because a "glitch" caused it to be orderable. They fixed it soon after I placed my order. Mrs. Clueby picked hers up today and also was purchasing a regular BT in store and was told she could only buy one allocated bottle a day and BT is an allocated product. She informed them that she technically bought the ER yesterday so they ultimately let her buy the BT as well while grumbling that she shouldn't have even been able to even get the ER. She also saw regular Ancient Age as an allocated 1 per person bottle. Seriously?!

20210610_214801.jpg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

One of the TW stores had ER10 available for online order @ one per person so I grabbed one and messaged Mrs. Clueby who also ordered one. I picked mine up last night and the store employee told me it was my lucky day because a "glitch" caused it to be orderable. They fixed it soon after I placed my order. Mrs. Clueby picked hers up today and also was purchasing a regular BT in store and was told she could only buy one allocated bottle a day and BT is an allocated product. She informed them that she technically bought the ER yesterday so they ultimately let her buy the BT as well while grumbling that she shouldn't have even been able to even get the ER. She also saw regular Ancient Age as an allocated 1 per person bottle. Seriously?!

20210610_214801.jpg

Nice scores, but TW strikes again with GREAT customer service!  Turds.  😠

• I like it 1

Not purchased but found again.  I had a box of stuff that I cleared out of my office when we all went home for COVID in March 2020.  I was moving some stuff around in the office at home yesterday and knocked the top off that bankers box.  Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the desk bottle of 1792 BIB that I forgot was in there.  So I'm putting a hurt on that fella tonight. 

• I like it 4

17 hours ago, Clueby said:

I’ve never had my wife purchase a bottle for me regarding limit one/allocated products. 🤥 Well maybe once. Or twice. Or……? 😈

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ve never had my wife purchase a bottle for me regarding limit one/allocated products. 🤥 Well maybe once. Or twice. Or……? 😈

Biba! Joe

She was buying it for herself!! I've already been told those are her bottles.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

No comment. 🤐

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Picked up 4 little mini Weller SR's today in TX.  .375's were $12ish ea.  Cute little buggers. Can't get that stuff in NC any longer.  Saw a 1.75 of it at a different store for $80 ea.   Nah...

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I would take that warning seriously…

15 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Been looking forward to this one.  Yes it will be opened soon

20210611_195845.jpg

Good for you!   Let us know how it is.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

I would take that warning seriously…

Oh believe me, I did!

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

20210611_195845.jpg

Wow!

somehow I missed hearing about this coming out.

Is it LE or ?

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Wow!

somehow I missed hearing about this coming out.

Is it LE or ?

It's a quite limited release this year but supposedly will be an annual release moving forward.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

20210611_195845.jpg

Outstanding pickup. I hope that you enjoy it. I'm sure you will being a Wild Turkey Superfan. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I think I've figured out TW after three visits.

If they have a brand you know you like, and the price is reasonable - yes.

As far as American Whiskey, those "Spirits Direct" odd ball brands (only in their stores) are way too young to be any good.  They play all sorts of games with the labels, trying to conceal age.  The store employees pitch stuff to the less experienced customers.  They say "We sell a lot of this". 🤥  I've heard that particular phrase too many times for it to be a coincidence.  They do not say "I drink this" or "This is good". 🤔  

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

If they have a brand you know you like, and the price is reasonable - yes.

As far as American Whiskey, those "Spirits Direct" odd ball brands (only in their stores) are way too young to be any good.  They play all sorts of games with the labels, trying to conceal age.  The store employees pitch stuff to the less experienced customers.  They say "We sell a lot of this". 🤥  I've heard that particular phrase too many times for it to be a coincidence.  They do not say "I drink this" or "This is good". 🤔  

Correct.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

20210611_195845.jpg

I'm happy someone on here found this. I look forward to your impressions of it, Kepler! 

• I like it 2

On 6/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, Clueby said:

while grumbling that she shouldn't have even been able to even get the ER

14 hours ago, PaulO said:

They play all sorts of games

The store employees pitch stuff to the less experienced customers.  

On 6/11/2021 at 4:51 AM, GeeTen said:

So I’ve been thinking about this for the past couple days and here’s the thing…

”They” (store employees) were actually upset/mad/disgruntled that a customer legitimately went to their online shop and purchased a product.  1 bottle of a product with a 1 bottle limit.

Described it as a “glitch” and told her she shouldn’t even be getting said product.

1 bottle.

WTF?

This is exactly a big part of what is wrong with bourbon today.

Who exactly do they (store clerks) think should be getting the bottles?

I know Mrs. Clueby, and she drinks and appreciates good bourbon.

What better customer could anyone ask for ?

I’ve quit going into a lot of stores anymore.  Not because I don’t like looking at bottles, but because I always feel like Im being sneered at by eyes behind the counter, or down the aisle.

• I like it 4

That, plus I think many retail clerks are just "inconvenienced" by the whole tater scene and all that goes with it (constant phone calls, special requests by paying customers, etc) because it means, ya know, more work for them.  Maybe they just want to put in their hours, do only the bare minimum (go get the guy or gal their pint of vodka behind the counter, restock the shelves, etc) and have no patience for, or interest in,  true customer service.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

23 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That, plus I think many retail clerks are just "inconvenienced" by the whole tater scene and all that goes with it (constant phone calls, special requests by paying customers, etc) because it means, ya know, more work for them.  Maybe they just want to put in their hours, do only the bare minimum (go get the guy or gal their pint of vodka behind the counter, restock the shelves, etc) and have no patience for, or interest in,  true customer service.

We can easily focus on the annoyance and judge a little bit (I’m guilty too).  But if I was a store clerk, I wouldn’t want to deal with this shit either.  For every you or me that comes in, I’m sure they have to deal with ten of these tater knuckleheads.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, BigRich said:

We can easily focus on the annoyance and judge a little bit (I’m guilty too).  But if I was a store clerk, I wouldn’t want to deal with this shit either.  For every you or me that comes in, I’m sure they have to deal with ten of these tater knuckleheads.

Yeah, my friend who owns a liquor store gets about 10 phone calls a day looking for Blanton's. I'm so glad I'm not a newbie in this market.

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, BigRich said:

But if I was a store clerk, I wouldn’t want to deal with this shit either.  For every you or me that comes in, I’m sure they have to deal with ten of these tater knuckleheads.

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Yeah, my friend who owns a liquor store gets about 10 phone calls a day looking for Blanton's. I'm so glad I'm not a newbie in this market.

Yep that would drive me crazy too.  I guess it's part of the job.  Most of us have things in our daily jobs that annoy us.  It doesn't really excuse the behavior from TW that Clueby described earlier.

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

”They” (store employees) were actually upset/mad/disgruntled that a customer legitimately went to their online shop and purchased a product.  1 bottle of a product with a 1 bottle limit.

Described it as a “glitch” and told her she shouldn’t even be getting said product.

1 bottle.

WTF?

This is exactly a big part of what is wrong with bourbon today.

Who exactly do they (store clerks) think should be getting the bottles?

I know Mrs. Clueby, and she drinks and appreciates good bourbon.

What better customer could anyone ask for ?

I’ve quit going into a lot of stores anymore.  Not because I don’t like looking at bottles, but because I always feel like Im being sneered at by eyes behind the counter, or down the aisle.

No, that's the way they're taught at TW.

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nah, it's not the 'taters - it's when you don't listen to their sales pitch for "Spirits Direct" plonk and their managers are not meeting their "numbers" for their bonuses.'  It's the nature of the TW corporate model!  "Time to make some real money"  🤬

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.