What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/28/2021 at 4:09 AM, flahute said:

Bold ranking Cotton! Now I need to crack a Statesmen. 

You know the sayings...

Go Big or Stay Home

Have a Take, Don't Suck

Today is not Tomorrow...ok, this is mine.  Right here, Right now...I would take a free bottle of Statesmen over a free bottle of OF1920 or OF100.  Free takes price out of the equation.  Of course, I can buy two OF100 for the price of one Statesman.  Occasionally, I can grab an OF1920 for slightly less.  Right now, the Statesman makes it to the line.  I am rambling, aren't I?

• I like it 2

Thanks to a great tip by a fellow SBer, I managed to score a bottle of EHT Barrel Proof today! Most stores in the state had already sold out but managed to find one a little ways up the road to get one. Had to cover my tracks with some wine for the wife, but happy I made the trip. 

• I like it 3

My local was having a 10% store wide discount for the upcoming holiday weekend, so in addition to restocking some WT101 I splurged on a RRSiB as well. Hankering for some Turkey I guess… Between the two, and the various other offerings I have open, should make for a good weekend!

• I like it 3

I was in the right place at the right time for a change today.  The EHT is my daily drinker and will head into the bunker for replenishment.  I've never tried the Toasted Barrel so I thought, "What the heck".

The EHT cost $48, the Toasted cost $58.  Felt like I spent too much for them, but inflation is happening everywhere these days.

IMG_3610.jpg

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

You know the sayings...

Go Big or Stay Home

Have a Take, Don't Suck

Today is not Tomorrow...ok, this is mine.  Right here, Right now...I would take a free bottle of Statesmen over a free bottle of OF1920 or OF100.  Free takes price out of the equation.  Of course, I can buy two OF100 for the price of one Statesman.  Occasionally, I can grab an OF1920 for slightly less.  Right now, the Statesman makes it to the line.  I am rambling, aren't I?

I think that there may only be three things that Joe and I agree on.  I can’t remember the other two but The Statesman is for sure.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I think that there may only be three things that Joe and I agree on.  I can’t remember the other two but The Statesman is for sure.

Maybe you agree to just disagree on the other two.   I always passed on it because I thought it was kind of gimmicky since it was related to a movie.  But, I was wrong.  Not the first time nor the last time.  

My view it much the same as MM101.  Sure, I can proof MMCS down to 101 proof but the result isn't as enjoyable.  I can proof OF1920 or OF100 down to 95 proof but the result isn't the same.  I do believe in the case of Statesmen part of the equation is barrel selection.  But, again, I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Maybe you agree to just disagree on the other two.   I always passed on it because I thought it was kind of gimmicky since it was related to a movie.  But, I was wrong.  Not the first time nor the last time.  

My view it much the same as MM101.  Sure, I can proof MMCS down to 101 proof but the result isn't as enjoyable.  I can proof OF1920 or OF100 down to 95 proof but the result isn't the same.  I do believe in the case of Statesmen part of the equation is barrel selection.  But, again, I could be wrong.

I would agree with this.

• I like it 1

It was wheater Thurday yesterday.  Picked up another MM101 (its become my daily/cocktail bourbon) and a Woodford Wheat.  I really like the Woodford.  Its technically a 4 grain. Very fruit forward taste profile.

Big sale at the grocery store today.  I picked up: regular MM, WT 101 old and new labels, EW B.I.B., and EW 1783.  Nothing too fancy, but all solid pours in my book.

They were out of OF 100.

Picked up an EC A121 today at a little store that has it priced at 55.99 +tax still. Left 3 on the shelf...kinda regretting not getting another.

23 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

From today.

20210701_170426.jpg

Nice...

I just finished a pour of a 50/50 of the two. Quite Good!!! Will post on drinking thread...

• I like it 1

Is there anything better for a bourbonite than to stumble upon; and on payday...

SS BiB 1792 - $36

RR 13 - $64
Statesman - $51

May be high for the OF, but I have never tried any of the 3, so...

20210702_191449.thumb.jpg.804bd9a533aea4248c6b470dc7181641.jpg

Yep, I cracked the Statesman!!!

• I like it 7

24 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

20210702_191449.thumb.jpg.804bd9a533aea4248c6b470dc7181641.jpg

Yep, I cracked the Statesman!!!

Nice scores there but you definitely cracked the wrong one. 😄

Bought, opened, drinking. This is one of the picks I did this past March and EHSiB holds a special place in my heart. 

Long traffic filled drive through Chicago to Michigan with a 4yr old and the pup. Damn, this is so good right now. 

1E3C516D-A800-44B1-BEB1-6092A29096A5.jpeg

• I like it 14

29 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Bought, opened, drinking. This is one of the picks I did this past March and EHSiB holds a special place in my heart. 

Long traffic filled drive through Chicago to Michigan with a 4yr old and the pup. Damn, this is so good right now. 

Great pic and it sounds delicious 

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Nice scores there but you definitely cracked the wrong one. 😄

Yep. I know, but I apply my lottery ticket philosophy to bourbon:

The longer you wait to check the numbers, the longer period exits that you "may" have won...

28 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Special for me too; quite sad that almost 3 years have passed since last seen... 😢

10 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

How was the pick?   Was this the walk away hands down winner, or was it a tough call?

Did not even realize they did picks on EHT SIB - good for you all the way around.

• I like it 1

One of the rare bourbon purchases for me this year.  The Four Gate is delicious. 

5DD5315F-2B1D-40E8-AF3C-038531A05A14.jpeg

• I like it 2

It's hard to celebrate America and not buy a bottle of unneeded bourbon,  just cuz.     For me,  it was a Three Chord Twelve Bar Reserve,   and I gotta say I'm impressed.    This is well-aged Dickel (12 year age statement,  "tuned",  to adopt the marketing conceit,  with Kentucky bourbon of at least the same age.   I'm sipping it side by side with a Dickel Barrel Select,   and it's clear that the base of this pour is Dickel,   but the mineral note is tempered without losing the greasy mouthfeel (which is what I love about Dickel. )    This is a honeyed bourbon that could come out of Speyside,  if  such a thing were legal.  

THe proofs on these vary,   but the batch I saw today was like a siren song -  50.5%.   Jimmy's proof!

Happy Fourth to one and all! 

• I like it 3

Over the past three days I managed to snag another 10 bottles of KC12 without really trying hard. Purchased from multiple sources so as to not clear any shelves. The local drop is definitely upon us and given the long wait between drops since the first one last year I'm making sure I'm stocked up as this has quickly become an all time favorite.

Also bought a Statemen (thanks Joe!), a 4RSiB, and a WTRB.

• I like it 3

All the KC  discussion in the KCSB thread got me uptight, so I went & bought another handle of KC9 today; there was lots of it on the shelf. I was going to buy two, but it was almost the last day to get MMCS on sale, and I found a 20-03 buried in the back which I had to grab. I enjoyed that one a lot more than the 20-05 I recently opened.

22 hours ago, flahute said:

Over the past three days I managed to snag another 10 bottles of KC12 without really trying hard. Purchased from multiple sources so as to not clear any shelves. The local drop is definitely upon us and given the long wait between drops since the first one last year I'm making sure I'm stocked up as this has quickly become an all time favorite.

Also bought a Statemen (thanks Joe!), a 4RSiB, and a WTRB.

10 I guess you really liked it.

59 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

10 I guess you really liked it.

Why yes I do! Waited a year for this to come back to the shelves so stocking up this time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.