What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

SAOS that sweet Sarah bottled.  Unfortunately it was my last pour.  11 years old and TAYS-TEE!

Following that with some Fighting Cock 103 while getting ready to watch the Packers vs. Cardinals.

IMG-1518 (3).jpg

• I like it 3

I've tried some wine or port-finished bourbons,  and the best one is still Hooker's House.   I'm sipping from almost the last of this one;  I have no idea if they are still in business.   But they hit the bullseye in letting the Sonoma pinot noir barrels kiss the bourbon, not slobber all over it.

• I like it 1

Sticking with the WW Outryder.  In for a penny…….😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Dickel 12 after a lightening quick and full week.  The vitamin note is belting out Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus” to me right now.  Not many better whiskies on the planet  for me, when the GD12 sings like it is tonight.  

• I like it 5

Bookers Pigskin. For me, today was calling for this. First one neat. Next pour, I’ll add a very small cube to give me a slightly different taste. Ready for start of Rangers/Blue Jackets.

3F3270C3-95E1-47AF-BF0E-CF9FD34B33EA.thumb.jpeg.ca6be303de98cb680ca67c6a94ed9605.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 10/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m totally enjoying the Outryder Nancy. 👌  Thanks.

No Batch info. Below are a couple of pics of the bottle. How are things in Kirby?  You ever make it to that restaurant in Greybull I told you about? 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.ed605878867628679e8018dc14547e3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4f04c04ca220c61a47f4b039f4038cc8.jpeg

Hey @fishnbowljoe, glad you're liking that particular version of Outryder! That particular bottle is made from 8 years 10 months old whiskey. 

I was just in Kirby a few weeks ago. Things are going very well! And I also passed through Greybull on my way out to the airport in Cody. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to stop at that restaurant, but perhaps when I'm back there next spring I'll try it out! 

Cheers! 🥃

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 1

Stopped at "The Whiskey" in Orlando tonight. They are NOT living up to their name. So far nothing I've tried to order from their menu do they actually have. Tried to order an ER17. No Stagg Jr., no regular ER10, no OWA even though they are all on their menu. Only thing allocated I can actually see that they have are Old Fitz decanters. Settling for an Old Fashioned made with Old Forester 100. 🤷‍♂️

• I like it 2

On 10/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, LCWoody said:

Having a great glass of knob Creek single barrel store pick from several years ago, when they were 14 and 15 years old. I was able to be a part of some great barrel picks back then. Some great bourbon came out of those knob creek barrels.  I’m fixing to put some ribeyes on the pit and enjoy the fire for the rest of the night. 
39B0D464-9F5C-44CF-9D9A-0239E3C2B72E.thumb.jpeg.cb8b1a69c259888291bf8c4cd75ac644.jpeg

I remember us discussing a good 14-15 year KC from your neck of the woods from a few years back. I sadly only picked up one  and really liked it.  Recallnot much after another one of your locals sold out quick on a less interesting barrel but had a 

• I like it 1

Still don’t really like this (2020).

Hoping the ‘21 reconciles it.

Either way, I’m moving on to some good 4R

7011C7AA-9E1C-40CE-9B6D-4D4A6EE3F4F8.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I remember us discussing a good 14-15 year KC from your neck of the woods from a few years back. I sadly only picked up one  and really liked it.  Recallnot much after another one of your locals sold out quick on a less interesting barrel but had a 

Oops didn’t finish this post.  The barrel that sold out much quicker around the same time had a taterific sticker.  

Into the Old Fo 100 after not having any for a while.  This is a nice pour, glad to have some backups now.  I'm getting a little bit of cherry in the finish, super easy to drink for 100 proof.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Still don’t really like this (2020).

Hoping the ‘21 reconciles it.

Either way, I’m moving on to some good 4R

7011C7AA-9E1C-40CE-9B6D-4D4A6EE3F4F8.jpeg

No worries, brother.  Save it for me when I come out in March - I'll sacrifice myself and my liver to help you get some shelf space back in The Bunker!  😂

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

No worries, brother.  Save it for me when I come out in March - I'll sacrifice myself and my liver to help you get some shelf space back in The Bunker!  😂

Bring the 2021 with you 😁

Mrs. Bret Bret taking a well deserved nap.  So as not to make noise, stayed out on the deck and grilled marinated salmon burgers on toasted buttered buns and a healthy blend of AAA ten star and WR and enjoying a gentle rain. This definitely is repeatable...

1030211515_HDR.jpg

• I like it 8

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Bring the 2021 with you 😁

OK, if I still have any in the bottle by then.  March is a looong ways away  . . . . . . .  🤩

Edited by GeeTen

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

OK, if I still have any in the bottle by then.  March is a looong ways away  . . . . . . .  🤩

Well, bring the second bottle of ‘21 then.  😉

A couple of pours of FR SiB and then I finished off a bottle of Rossville Union Rye while taking my annual USSF soccer recertification test online.  Bourbon makes me so much smarter.  I passed with a great score.  Missed a couple of questions but they were administrative in nature.  I really don't know what a Grassroots Soccer Coach is.  There is no definition in the laws so I just guessed that a Grassroots Coach = a$$hole.  I guessed wrong.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Mrs. Bret Bret taking a well deserved nap.  So as not to make noise, stayed out on the deck and grilled marinated salmon burgers on toasted buttered buns and a healthy blend of AAA ten star and WR and enjoying a gentle rain. This definitely is repeatable...

1030211515_HDR.jpg

You guys are getting the same circular rain pattern we are in Indy.  It was the same front that was in SF last Sunday night's NFL game.  It moved to the Midwest and keeps cycling from Illinois to Indiana to Ohio and then back to Illinois to start the cycle all over again.  Oh, you were talking about the salmon burgers.

• I like it 1

My sister and brother in law invited everyone over to their house for a family get together this evening ‘round their fire pit. The weather was perfect. Along with me and my wife, our niece and  @Galvin0791 were there, and one great niece also showed up. A few marshmallows were toasted along with a couple other things 🤔, but we mostly just sat around and shot the s**t. @Galvin0791 brought a flask with a ps EC to share, and I brought some of my 2021 Weller Blend. Cigars were also enjoyed. Man what a great night!!!  😁 “Don’t git no better’n that Vern.” 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

You guys are getting the same circular rain pattern we are in Indy.  It was the same front that was in SF last Sunday night's NFL game.  It moved to the Midwest and keeps cycling from Illinois to Indiana to Ohio and then back to Illinois to start the cycle all over again.  Oh, you were talking about the salmon burgers.

And the AAA and WR blend...

• I like it 1

Long day & long evening. Tried a few different bottles, including WTKS, JDBP, Stagg Jr. Finally, hit the palate 🎯, when I reached for RRSiB. It was singing. Grateful for the folks at Wild Turkey. 

Cheers

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.