What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So who's on deck?  Besides the OGD?   (SInce you're  a Big Blue fan, I thought that was OBJ.  Well, just for a NY minute)

Edited by G L Tirebiter

Hey guys and gals, just popping in to say hi! I’m sipping on an ER10. Only the second time I’ve had whiskey in 4 months. I’ve got to say I am enjoying the hell out of it! Hope everybody’s doing and sipping well 🙂

Edited by BigSkyDrams
  • I like it 9

Some Wilderness Trail 6 year by the fire. The early neck pours were underwhelming but air time has done this a lot of good. Orange marmalade!

B4B36196-BA9A-4266-8150-F4100EA25025.jpeg

• I like it 4

Last soccer matches of the season as I wrapped up with 6 games today at a local tournament.  They were shorter games but it was still a lot.  Skipping the college showcases this year since there is a lot of work to do to get the gardens and yard ready for winter.  Treating myself to a large pour of KC12 as I just finished season 29 as a referee.  I am working on cutting back.    

Wife has another Hallmark Christmas movie on and I believe I have completely read everything on the Internet.  I guess I will have another pour and read more of the new Dave Grohl book.

• I like it 3

Opened a FR SB.  Been a while since I had a pour of this.  Really good.  Have to make sure I keep an open one.

• I like it 2

Listening to UK radio broadcast of a barn burner Kentucky-Tennessee football game with a pour of EW 1783.  Constantly moving the radio around to get a clear signal, which has ended up with the radio on my lap…Not enough hands to show the whiskey, or the My Father cigar I’m enjoying…   🤪

0AA401C7-677B-49DF-9C72-A22EFE2A579D.jpeg

• I like it 4

^^^^^^That game was lit!💥

KC9 at the tailgate with an Oliva V and a flask full off Piggyback rye for the stadium.  Vols win to cap off a great week.

Viva Los Bravos!

2D667719-3347-49DF-A0D8-E425A2B32191.jpeg

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 6

After the dog woke me up at 4;15 (she doesn't understand daylight saving time change) , it only got better.  We took a walk a few hours later,  After several more hours of yard work, mowing, emptying flower pots, and other chores, I had to break open a KC 12 year 100 proof bottle.   Its getting dark early tonight.  Getting the grill ready for some chicken, rice ad peppers

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 4

BABFB097-207A-4242-BC53-73A0FFF08563.thumb.jpeg.e274e0c0e0aeb1b25ba54812e56402e1.jpegWent to a camp with some friends Saturday and today and had a great time.  Of course I brought plenty of good drinks. 

• I like it 12

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

BABFB097-207A-4242-BC53-73A0FFF08563.thumb.jpeg.e274e0c0e0aeb1b25ba54812e56402e1.jpegWent to a camp with some friends Saturday and today and had a great time.  Of course I brought plenty of good drinks. 

Excellent lineup, except I would definatly need a to-go cup if I wanted to enjoy the great outdoors!

Edited by Bret Bret

two nights roughly same, EC18, GTS 2011, Dickel 13, while re-watching Marvel's Jessica Jones.  I'm cataloguing whiskey labels per episode for "whiskey in movies" thread, but that thread so extensive somebody probably already did that.

have interspersed small amounts other labels: EC, ER10, Dickel 15.  So far seems obvious Jessica drinks anything.  Maybe preference for WT101.  And yes, for my taste, Dickel 13 does pair well with other two.

• I like it 1

Had a huge pour of Old Fitz 13 year today for two reasons. First, to celebrate the wife and I being married for 13 years this year. Secondly, to mourn the passing of our beloved German Shepherd. We had to put him down to day and our hearts are broken. We got him when he was just a puppy and living in KY. He made two moves with us, and welcomed two amazing children into our family. He was always attached to my hip and essential "my dog" since the kids were with mom all the time. He was one of a kind and has left a HUGE hole in this family's hearts. Lots of tears cried and bourbon drank for me today. Probably more of the same tomorrow. Cheers to the ones we love, both present and no longer with us!

• I like it 11

First, happy anniversary to you and the missus.   

Sorry for your loss.  Dogs are great pets and, as owners, we don't want them to suffer any more than necessary.   So, when it's time, you owe it to them to do what you gotta do.  

Take care.

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 2

ODG BiB tonight. Not doing it for me, maybe my palate is a little wonky tonight. I usually like this.

12 hours ago, G L Tirebiter said:

First, happy anniversary to you and the missus.   

Sorry for your loss.  Dogs are great pets and, as owners, we don't want them to suffer any more than necessary.   So, when it's time, you owe it to them to do what you gotta do.  

Take care.

Sorry for your loss.  Dogs are great. 

I will leave you with poem from Rudyard Kipling.

The Power of the Dog

Rudyard Kipling

THERE is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

And when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy

Love unflinching that cannot lie

Perfect passion and worship fed

By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.

Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits

Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,

And the vet's unspoken prescription runs

To lethal chambers or loaded guns,

Then you will find - it's your own affair, -
But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,

With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!),

When the spirit that answered your every mood

Is gone - wherever it goes - for good,

You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear!

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,

When it comes to burying Christian clay.

Our loves are not given, but only lent,

At compound interest of cent per cent,

Though it is not always the case, I believe,

That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve;

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,

A short-time loan is as bad as a long -

So why in - Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear

• I like it 3

It’s been awhile since I’ve had the King open, so fired up a 138.1 after finishing up some end of day paperwork.  

34EC7D5D-7F89-428F-AF6D-E035F48A2138.jpeg

• I like it 12

I’m having a pour (or two) of ER this evening. With regards to my post in the “What Bourbon Did You Pass On Fall 2021?” thread……To the store owner in Wisconsin that had an ER on display that wasn’t for sale: “Here, hold this for me.” 🖕  😈

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

22 hours ago, elmossle said:

Had a huge pour of Old Fitz 13 year today for two reasons. First, to celebrate the wife and I being married for 13 years this year. Secondly, to mourn the passing of our beloved German Shepherd. We had to put him down to day and our hearts are broken. We got him when he was just a puppy and living in KY. He made two moves with us, and welcomed two amazing children into our family. He was always attached to my hip and essential "my dog" since the kids were with mom all the time. He was one of a kind and has left a HUGE hole in this family's hearts. Lots of tears cried and bourbon drank for me today. Probably more of the same tomorrow. Cheers to the ones we love, both present and no longer with us!

Cheers, to you and Mrselmossles anniversary!  May y’all enjoy many more together.  Sorry to hear of the loss of your dawg.  A very sad day for you, I am sure.  Remembering all the wonderful times that your beloved pet brought into your lives will bring you great comfort for some time to come, and help you overcome the sadness of your loss.  

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.