What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Well, bring the second bottle of ‘21 then.  😉

Ah, but the second bottle is going to my super secret supplier up north in the "Live Free or Die" state who finds me stuff I can't get down here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.  But I'll save you a sample . . . . . . .  if you're a good boy to the wife!  😁

• I like it 2

Pool closing day today. My least favorite day of the year. Not Halloween, pool closing day, it just happened to fall on Halloween this year.

Having a nice pour of WTRB and will probably have another.

• I like it 1

Went with a fresh bottle crack of Smooth Ambler Old Scout store pick. Really enjoying this one at its proof point of 59.2%. 

91AD72B5-5F33-4C23-8BCB-381F8786E126.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

Remus Repeal V..  I may have to look for more.  Mine are going quickly.

I love the Remus more and more everytime I get a taste. One of the few times I went home, cracked it open, had a sip and immediately went back out to get a backup. 

37 minutes ago, apt43bear said:

Went with a fresh bottle crack of Smooth Ambler Old Scout store pick. Really enjoying this one at its proof point of 59.2%. 

Uhmmmm, Sarah? 🤔

Biba! Joe

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yeah, Sarah. 😬

image.jpeg.7cd199d2b01775ed6d2507dfabd1a82d.jpeg

Oh hahah I never noticed that.  Not sure who bottles this one but starts with a “D”2B671BA2-A67C-4509-A923-95A163943BBF.thumb.jpeg.6943574f43bb1ed39f6ec67a59337f4f.jpeg

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, apt43bear said:

Oh hahah I never noticed that.  Not sure who bottles this one but starts with a “D”

Hmmmm. Haven’t seen that one before. Must be new.🤔

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, apt43bear said:

These 5yo MGP SAOS picks are quite good.  I just finished off a K&L pick that was delicious.  Didn't taste young at all.  And, it was a "Sarah" bottle...

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

These 5yo MGP SAOS picks are quite good.  I just finished off a K&L pick that was delicious.  Didn't taste young at all.  And, it was a "Sarah" bottle...

Ive had my eye on some of those K&L picks, they have several out and couldn’t decide which one.  Which barrel # was yours. Also, are “Sarah” bortles considers good or not good… or haha I’m new to this lol

15 minutes ago, apt43bear said:

Ive had my eye on some of those K&L picks, they have several out and couldn’t decide which one.  Which barrel # was yours. Also, are “Sarah” bortles considers good or not good… or haha I’m new to this lol

All SAOS bottles are signed by the employee that bottles them. Bottles signed by Sarah are kind of a “quirky” preference of many here. It’s become something of an inside/standing joke. IIRC, one member here actually went to the Smooth Ambler website and found a picture of her and posted it here. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

All SAOS bottles are signed by the employee that bottles them. Bottles signed by Sarah are kind of a “quirky” preference of many here. It’s become something of an inside/standing joke. IIRC, one member here actually went to the Smooth Ambler website and found a picture of her and posted it here. 

Biba! Joe

Haha thanks for the background!  I’ll be on the lookout for those and nab one if I come across haha

• I like it 1

Watching MNF.  Started with KC 12 yr. 100 proof.  Followed that with EW BIB.  I'm a big KC fan but tonight the EW seems to be hitting all the right notes.

• I like it 1

Feeling a little under the weather.  Apparently a hot toddy helps but I drink the tea, honey and lemon by itself and the whiskey separate.  It still counts.  

31DA1B62-8606-4410-8CFD-7AE1A300A062.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Watching Manning Cast. Doubling up WTRB and draining the bottle.

Ha might be time for a new avatar but they’re holding there own tonight.

38 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Happy first bday Amelia! 

I’ll drink to that! Happy First Birthday Amelia! 🥳

Cheers Adam! MM 101 in the glass. 🥂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B520 Batch (63.6% ABV) vs. B521 Batch (59.1% ABV). Tasted blind but maybe it was a little unfair to the B521 since it was a fresh bottle crack. The lower proof stood out on the B521 but damn the B520 blew it out. First sips on each one the B520 had that wow reaction, flavors were so much richer. But again, maybe the B521 didn’t have proper time to open up. 

7050054D-75E9-41A1-862C-9374AD8A6418.jpeg

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, apt43bear said:

Good thing I saw your post this morning.  The empty bottle was about to go out to the blue bin.  It was #24270.  Not sure they have any of that barrel left but they did mark down a number of barrels to below $40 and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. 

• I like it 1

BT on ice at ATL Sky Club.  Forgot small bills leaving house, but on the ball enough to hit up ATM in concourse to get some $20’s before heading up to Sky Club . Bar tender even more on the ball as he had Prepackaged wads of twenty bucks in small bills ready to exchange.  👍🏻$5 back for his trouble…🙂. The symbiotic relationship at work here is God’s Good Hand at work.  😁

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.