What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's in mass quantities after a heart-breaking loss to the Cowboys.  Might just have to finish the bottle . . .  😪

I feel ya brother, its going to be a cask stregth something to dull the edge of yet another loss that shoulda been a win....faith remains intact, we are closer than the record would  indicate. Its going to be a 4R night.

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 3

Four Roses Single Barrel tonight while watching the Seahawks-Steelers football event.  I am not sure I would call it a game.  Russell Wilson would have made this a totally different game.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Glad you found some.

Also, I’m gonna need a taste 😁🥃.

That can definitely be arranged. 

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Four Roses Single Barrel tonight while watching the Seahawks-Steelers football event.  I am not sure I would call it a game.  Russell Wilson would have made this a totally different game.

Ahhhh, the Geno Smith effect!

• I like it 1

Back patio time with a pour of WW Outryder. It has a vegetal, oaky nose. The entry is slightly sweet and earthy, and it opens up with oak and spice  on its way to a warming, long finish. This has a lot going on but is very well  balanced IMHO. Nicely done  @Whiskey Bender, and thank you again@Galvin0791. 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Pulled a 1792 High Rye out of the bunker and am rediscovering how great this whiskey is.

• I like it 3

Good morning.  The Mrs. and I have been working on a bottle of Willet's Pot Still that I found while vacationing in the Florida Keys.  The lengths that I went to in order to get this oddly shaped bottle home, along with the actual decanter type bottle, made for a great story.   The contents of the bottle, IMHO, not so much.  Nothing memorable, decent bourbon, so it has been delegated to cocktails in my attempt to thin the bunker.  Many bottle of similar or greater quality to be found for less $$. 

But, the wifey has claimed the empty to be crafted in to something, so there's that!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Richdel said:

Good morning.  The Mrs. and I have been working on a bottle of Willet's Pot Still that I found while vacationing in the Florida Keys.  The lengths that I went to in order to get this oddly shaped bottle home, along with the actual decanter type bottle, made for a great story.   The contents of the bottle, IMHO, not so much.  Nothing memorable, decent bourbon, so it has been delegated to cocktails in my attempt to thin the bunker.  Many bottle of similar or greater quality to be found for less $$. 

But, the wifey has claimed the empty to be crafted in to something, so there's that!

The legend of the willetpot still bottles claims yet another one!!  😆 I think, the only memorable part of that whiskey is indeed the bottle. 

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

The legend of the willetpot still bottles claims yet another one!!  😆 I think, the only memorable part of that whiskey is indeed the bottle. 

Amen - should be a case study in every Marketing class.....

• I like it 2

The Willett Pot Still and a few other bottles remind me of a story. WARNING! I believe I’ve posted this story before. 🙄

Regarding my user name, I used to fish and I used to bowl. When I lived in Indianapolis, I used to frequent a Galyan’s Trading Company store near the Castleton Square Mall that was close to where I used to work. Looking for fishing stuff back then is akin to my looking for bourbon now. Imagine that. 🤔 I developed a close relationship with a guy that worked there who was very knowledgeable. He helped me a lot. In the winter I’d drop in and stock up on fishing lures and what not that had been discounted. On one trip there after work, I spotted a really cool looking lure that was on sale. I asked him his thoughts on it. I can’t remember his exact words, but it was something like this; “All fishing lures are made to catch fish, but some are made to catch fishermen first.” 😉 I’ve never forgotten that. 🙂

I admit that I’ve purchased a few bourbons because of the bottle. The Willett Pot Still was probably my first. It was many years ago before Willett started distilling their own products. Chances are it was HH ‘juice’. I don’t remember how it tasted, but back then I really didn’t care. I’d just started my bourbon journey and I wanted to try anything and everything so I could  figure out what my preferences were. Next. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I admit that I’ve purchased a few bourbons because of the bottle. The Willett Pot Still was probably my first. It was many years ago before Willett started distilling their own products. Chances are it was HH ‘juice’. I don’t remember how it tasted, but back then I really didn’t care. I’d just started my bourbon journey and I wanted to try anything and everything so I could  figure out what my preferences were. Next. ^_^

Biba! Joe

Yup, got one pretty much the 1st year of my journey for same reasons for 'bout $28. Found out it did go well with honey, bitters & lemon, but so does a lot of other stuff. I've never re-purchased...

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

“All fishing lures are made to catch fish, but some are made to catch fishermen first.” 😉 I’ve never forgotten that. 🙂

Whenever I come home with some new lures, the Mrs. always says "Those are nice but I know they lures are more likely to catch fishermen."  😁

I was able to avoid purchasing the Willet Pot Still, only because I got to taste it at the distillery.  They have better offerings.

• I like it 1

MM101 tonight. Didn't have anything sweet today, this is like candy in a glass.

• I like it 4

Back patio time with a pour of ER. Coincidentally, this is one  “purty bottle” purchase that worked out well for me. I wouldn’t quite call it an affinity, but I really like eagles. On many fishing trips to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Canada, I saw them in their full glory. The first bottle of ER I ever saw I thought was pretty cool, and I bought one without hesitation. Glad I did. It’s been a staple in my bunker every since. Below are a couple of eagle pictures from two different fishing trips to Canada many years ago.  🦅

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.08693809d858066e51f84453ff18d555.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ac49156fac066274910c8747b2b6d4cb.jpeg

• I like it 10

MM BU 1-3 from a few years ago.  I believe this was the beginning of their Wood Finishing series that was a Gift Shop only edition.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Back patio time with a pour of ER. ...

OMG! I picked up couple "store" select single barrel.  wow. wow. though I normally go for strong, this is mild, after taste weak lingering candy.  Had many sips before following with a favored elijah which gave dried barn hay and only settled into expected flavors after couple sips.  drank elijah for while but to be fair followed with the ER10, wow.  this ER10 is good!

I'm getting excited, BT showing itself.  HH was in slump but pulling it out.  Jack and Dickel doing great things.  MGP putting out great stuff.  WT, wake up.  On whole it's a great time to be bourbon drinker.

• I like it 2

RRSB this evening.  I find this one a little hot but just a small splash really does some wonders here.

IMG_20211020_173059098.jpg

• I like it 1

I’m on the back porch with my good Buddy, and drinking some Wilderness Trail six year old. This should be a really good bourbon in about three years. 
84572E42-1EC8-41C1-A0C8-01183A1D6263.thumb.jpeg.9b8dbff6d82a3b3c0f8e7a09a27e1eb4.jpeg

• I like it 7

I went to a get together with a couple of guys from our local bourbon & cigar group. I enjoyed a couple of pours of WW. Got home and have WW Outryder in the glass now. Nice evening. 😀

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.