What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And this is part of what makes this such a great place. 😎 I’m just glad you didn’t say anything about an Irishmen. :lol:

Biba! Joe

If you don’t have anything nice to say. . .  I kid. Mostly. 😁

Packing up for the 13 min drive to the in-laws for Christmas Eve. Looking forward to another day of great food, drinks and watching the kids play with cousins and experience Christmas with the enthusiasm only young children have. 

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

We are in Arizona visiting Mrs. Jazz's  siblings for Christmas.    Looking forward to a Mexican feast fea

. . . featuring my sister-in-law's amazing tamales.   My contribution will be bottles of Woodinville and Bulleit Single Barrel.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

. . . featuring my sister-in-law's amazing tamales.   My contribution will be bottles of Woodinville and Bulleit Single Barrel.

If they haven't had them, they should find both to quite enjoyable.  As I am sure you will find the tamales enjoyable as well.  Have a great visit to a great state!

• I like it 2

I am drinking a little pour, well, maybe another 1/2 pour too of EW1783 before Christmas Eve company arrives.  Lots of kids, so no drinking while they are here.  Lots of noise, so no thinking while they are here.  😀

• I like it 3

A pour of 2018 OFBB before the festivities begin.  
A very Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

If they haven't had them, they should find both to quite enjoyable.  As I am sure you will find the tamales enjoyable as well.  Have a great visit to a great state!

Thanks, mbroo, and Merry Christmas!  We are in old town Cottonwood this afternoon, with most of the crew enjoying some wine tasting.  There's at least a half dozen wine tasting rooms on the main drag (no distilleries, unfortunately).   I love the beauty and big sky of this state.  I'm now at the Tavern Grille enjoying a cheeseburger and some local lager.

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

FR SBS after a hectic Christmas Eve day that I hope turns into a quiet night. Tomorrow will be busy, all the kids are home with some guests, and Mrs. B’s family and their families will be in the house after about noon for some drinking, eating, drinking, some more eating, and did I mention, drinking.

Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe and healthy!

• I like it 6

I’m having a special pour on Christmas Eve, some good ol’ split label. Just great old bourbon. 
F5731D6D-EE06-4364-8F2E-AA4DF99C9822.thumb.jpeg.b1e27c8f2473013f7c7f3366a77f1404.jpeg

• I like it 15

Finally getting to this one. Pretty dark color. Very nice, wish the price was cheaper though. Very nice vanilla, cinnamon, tobacco, cherries. Very smooth, nice dry finish. A very very drinkable bourbon for the proof. Merry Christmas!

20211224_212856.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon
  • I like it 4

drank some 2018 bourbon county stout while at the in-laws for Christmas eve, but had to pour this while playing Santa once the kids went to bed.

20211224_212948.jpg

• I like it 6

Been doing my holiday wheater thing. Finished off an OWA107 earlier. Then had a post dinner Negroni. (A red cocktail was appropriate). Now back on program with a MM101. Palate is a little blown after an epic night last night at a double birthday party with all bourbon people. I’ll probably save the WLW for tomorrow with the PVW15

• I like it 7

17 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Had a couple of buddies over for pre-Christmas eve drinks (even though 1 was Jewish - he got the Happy Hanukkah napkin from SWMBO).  Started out with a 50:50 blend of 2 L&K Wilderness Trail Rye picks (fabulous), a SBS of regular Blanton's and L&K Blanton's, sampled my GW4G for giggles, and finished off with a taste of the new 2021 THH (also fabulous). They got calls from their wives and promised they were on their ways home - out the door and "off like a prom dress"!    🤣

Ain't the holidays GRAND?  🥳

Reminds me of an old Buddy Hackett joke.

If he drives a Ford, it's "Yum Kipper".

If he drives a Cadillac, it's "Yom Kipoor".

If he drives a Rolls Royce, it's "Christmas". 🤣

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Been doing my holiday wheater thing. Finished off an OWA107 earlier. Then had a post dinner Negroni. (A red cocktail was appropriate). Now back on program with a MM101. Palate is a little blown after an epic night last night at a double birthday party with all bourbon people. I’ll probably save the WLW for tomorrow with the PVW15

So my palate recovered so that bottle kill pour of WLW happened. I absolutely love wheater Christmas. Tomorrow it will be PVW15

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, flahute said:

So my palate recovered so that bottle kill pour of WLW happened. I absolutely love wheater Christmas. Tomorrow it will be PVW15

All this talk without pics… 😜

• I like it 2

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Soda water on the boat again this year. Grateful for the work. 

• I like it 11

6 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Merry Christmas, Paul!  Good to hear from you!

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

There he is! We miss you around here.

• I like it 3

Busy Xmas morning.  Face Time with nieces to watch their kids open presents from us, then I heated up a quick breakfast of Trader Joe's small quiches with Boar's Head pre-cooked bacon and some Clementines, then we opened presents, then I got the "tax box" out so I could start hunting up and listing charity receipts.  Santa gave me MM PS 108.5 proof picked by my favorite purveyor (three guys whose combined palate matches mine).  Couldn't wait for 5PM - am sipping it now.  Tax box be DAMNED!  Maybe I should have put some ice or water in the glass with the MM.

Happy Holidays and New Year you all.  And just when did MM become "the thing to drink" this time of year?

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

And just when did MM become "the thing to drink" this time of year?

'Round about a day or two ago.

• I like it 2

Merry Christmas to all. Glad my wife didn't notice that my morning "coffee" had legs.

IMG_7391.thumb.jpg.5ef8de1248f6fb552243ff7e74cb43a4.jpg

• I like it 15

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.