What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, flahute said:

I am! It provides me an opportunity to experiment whereas I'm usually just lazy and pull from the bourbon cabinet.

A Merry Christmas to you as well!

We doing brandy cocktails tonight to go with the leftover beef & prunes (a Scandinavian dish of note or so I am told) instead of bourbon r rye.  We did rye Manhattans last night. 

• I like it 3

42 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

We doing brandy cocktails tonight to go with the leftover beef & prunes (a Scandinavian dish of note or so I am told) instead of bourbon r rye.  We did rye Manhattans last night. 

I need to know more about this beef and prunes. That sounds really good.

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

obvious, flahute wide open with no limitations

I was worried he might be getting the "Bourbon Yips."  No honey, I will just have a diet soda.  Bourbon just doesn't do it for me any more.  😀

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Mattk said:

I need to know more about this beef and prunes. That sounds really good.

The prunes counter the beef.  Constipation is a bitch.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

A few months back, I purchased a bottle of Woodinville Bourbon.  I enjoyed it so much I purchased another bottle.  It is a very good bourbon.  I have wanted to branch out and try some of Woodinville's other offerings.  Tonight, I purchased a bottle of the Port Finished Bourbon.  I opened it when I got home.  It is very good.  Is it better than the standard offering.  Maybe, maybe not.  It depends on your mood.  This bourbon is slightly drier but sweeter.  I really like it.  I can see each having a place on your bar.  

• I like it 2

On 12/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I had a wonderful day yesterday. Our son, dil and grandkids came over at noon yesterday for our Xmas get together. Food, presents, games and a pour or three. The day started with a pre lunch pour of a bourbon wood aged red wine my dil brought. I did a quasi  BIB ladder over the course of the rest of the day and evening. As I did a few days ago, I enjoyed FRSB, MM 101, and Old Fitz BIB. Got some cool presents too. I’ve received numerous items related to the Despicable Me/Minions movies, and the movie A Christmas Story as past Xmas presents. It’s become something of a tradition over the last 8 or 10 years. Most of y’all have seen my posts with pics that sometimes show some of the items I’ve received. Well, the tradition continued yesterday. I opened my main gift and was almost speechless. My crazy, over the top gift is in the pic below. In the other pic is my seasons greetings to all my bourbon brothers and sisters here on SB. Cheers!

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e10345cb0ff37a4a829bfc85400d04c5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a375c58122110ed9aa6bc081288b5866.jpeg

Joe,

My SIL gave me the same. My Brother had "A Christmas  Story" on the TV.  She even had placed  the Red Ryder, in a corner, behind the 🎄  It was perfect. 😊

I have already been in the yard, trying it out. 😁 

Happy New Years 

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A few months back, I purchased a bottle of Woodinville Bourbon.  I enjoyed it so much I purchased another bottle.  It is a very good bourbon.  I have wanted to branch out and try some of Woodinville's other offerings.  Tonight, I purchased a bottle of the Port Finished Bourbon.  I opened it when I got home.  It is very good.  Is it better than the standard offering.  Maybe, maybe not.  It depends on your mood.  This bourbon is slightly drier but sweeter.  I really like it.  I can see each having a place on your bar.  

Agreed. It's very good.

I have a cask strength barrel pick,  and get a strong cherry cola flavor, in a very good way.

It's a really slick etched bottle too. I'm going to use it as a decanter, or dump my solara bottle in it when it's gone.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Count me as another Woodinville fan.  I brought a bottle to our family Christmas gathering and it was a hit.   It lacks the "grain forward" taste that seems to be the polite descriptor for many craft bourbons and instead tastes like, well, classic Kentucky a la, say, Old Forester.   

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I was worried he might be getting the "Bourbon Yips."  No honey, I will just have a diet soda.  Bourbon just doesn't do it for me any more.  😀

No need to worry about that! We had friends over for dinner last night and after a great prime rib meal I enjoyed a KC12 and some Stagg Jr.

• I like it 3

Christmas Day damage. My BIL, my nephew, and me doing the damage. Everyone else was drinking beer, wine, champagne, etc. Went through a bottle + of Blantons, and about 1 1/2 bottles of MM101.

A9B7760E-E348-46D3-A0EB-D27014BCFCBD.thumb.jpeg.8d558858439a0301a9a1a57ab552cc49.jpeg

• I like it 8

9 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Christmas Day damage. My BIL, my nephew, and me doing the damage. Everyone else was drinking beer, wine, champagne, etc. Went through a bottle + of Blantons, and about 1 1/2 bottles of MM101.

A9B7760E-E348-46D3-A0EB-D27014BCFCBD.thumb.jpeg.8d558858439a0301a9a1a57ab552cc49.jpeg

Damn !

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

20211227_202822.jpg

I'm jumping  in on the 4R SmB train,  mine is a Rutledge era bottle. It is hitting the spot better than the 4R SiB  I was sipping earlier. 

Hail to the Cult. 

Cheers

IMG_4895.JPG

• I like it 6

2 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Hail to the Cult. 

My man! Happy to have you in the Cult.

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

Why thank you Steve. I am pleased to finally make it through the doors. 

😉😃

Cheers and Happy New Year. 

• I like it 1

Just chillin’ this evening with a couple of pours of BT. 🥃 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

28 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I'm jumping  in on the 4R SmB train,  mine is a Rutledge era bottle. It is hitting the spot better than the 4R SiB  I was sipping earlier. 

Hail to the Cult. 

Cheers

IMG_4895.JPG

25 minutes ago, flahute said:

The Cult is strong with this one. 

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, Kepler said:

The Cult is strong with this one. 

12 minutes ago, flahute said:

He is in!

You guys are too kind. 😀

Cheers

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Just chillin’ this evening with a couple of pours of BT. 🥃 

Biba! Joe

Well, maybe 3 pours. 😋 Having some BT reminded me of a photo I forgot to post in the  “Show Us Your Stash” thread. 🤗 

Biba! Joe

Going cheap, tonight.  A couple small pours of EW1783 and VOB 90.  Cheap, but quality pours, both.  

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.