What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am also drinking FR.  Nothing like @Keplerbut solid nonetheless.

Of course, it is Saturday night so there is a new Hallmark movie premiere.  This one sounds a little different...big city market exec goes home to small country town to help with her best friend's wedding and she finds love.  She learns about love and family and questions what she wants in life.  I can't wait to see how it ends.

• I like it 5

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I can't wait to see how it ends.

Lol. The suspense must be killing you😁

• I like it 3

I raided the bunker for a hazmat ECBP and whoa did I forget how great this is. 

29E7E53A-F96D-42E1-9A76-0FCE28E7E7F0.jpeg

• I like it 12

29 minutes ago, flahute said:

You're tempting me to grab one of those from my bunker.  Those old bottles never seem to disappoint.  That's a great way to begin the New Year.

• I like it 3

58 minutes ago, flahute said:

Coming in strong on day 1.   Well done sir.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

That looks real nice @fishnbowljoe.  I've been meaning to get your thoughts on the WSiB (orange label).  I love mine from last year, kind of a PVW15 junior. 

To be honest @Kepler, I’m having a bit of a hard time figuring out my Weller SB. No real tasting notes as of yet. About all I can really say is that my bottle is both complex and confusing. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am also drinking FR.  Nothing like @Keplerbut solid nonetheless.

Of course, it is Saturday night so there is a new Hallmark movie premiere.  This one sounds a little different...big city market exec goes home to small country town to help with her best friend's wedding and she finds love.  She learns about love and family and questions what she wants in life.  I can't wait to see how it ends.

I wonder if there's a dog in this one?

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

To be honest @Kepler, I’m having a bit of a hard time figuring out my Weller SB. No real tasting notes as of yet. About all I can really say is that my bottle is both complex and confusing. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Hmm well that doesn't sound real good.  Hope it opens up and gets better for you Joe.  After all we can't have our resident Weller whore with a conflicting SB signature! 😲

• I like it 1

Watching The Sugar Bowl.

Meh game,  but the MM 101 in my glass is definitely not meh. I have really enjoyed this bottle. 

Happy New Year. 

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Love the photo 

• I like it 1

Opened the 2021-4 Booker’s tonight. Unfortunately one of the less remarkable batches in memory. Tons of Beam peanuts and uncharacteristically oak forward if you ask me. Not sweet, more oak bitters. I prefer these bottles with more brown sugar. I experimented with water some, diluted below 40% and it helped. I’ll revisit after more air exposure. 

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, flahute said:

I like the old stuff

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

I like the old stuff

image.jpeg.7664bc5f0544727928d1bd3315d88ca7.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Moved on to 4R 2016 SmB LE. Boy oh Boy, this is good. Just luv it. I will need another glass of this. 

Cheers. 

• I like it 5

Happy New Year to the community!  This community has been an awesome find and learning so much. For New Years, I had a little bourbon, a little scotch, a little wine…. Weller 12 Aged 12 Year (I can smell the empty Weller 12 glass all night long) / Weller 107 Antique / Highland Park Cask Strength Release No. 1 / 2017 Realm the Bard. 

38FB0BE3-4FAA-4606-9804-32F15D027A39.jpeg

• I like it 9

First pour of one my Christmas gifts from my son, Jefferson’s Ocean Voyage 25, a wheater. Interesting. Caramel, cherry, a little sea breeze, ethanol, on the nose. Cherry cough drop, over ripe peach, leather, on the palate. Short, dry, slightly sea salty finish. Pretty good. Not something I probably would have picked on my own, but glad I have it.

• I like it 2

Sipping a little Heavens Door back home, after a long weekend at our newly purchased log cabin up north.  Came home to the news that our neighbor's son was arrested Saturday for murder at a local hotel. 

Just goes to show, you don't ever know......

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Starting another climb. 🤗 Stay tuned. 😁

Biba! Joe

Last night was Weller “stepladder” part deux. To go along with a ps Weller FP, a CYPB,  and a ps OWA, I opened up a Weller SR and a Weller 12. I now have 11 Weller’s open, which is a new record for me. My old record was 9. Gotta get the New Year started off right. 😉 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.5af68afd8e0f64c6628f16c0eeef4bcd.jpeg

• I like it 8

Listening to a long version of Lover Man by Lew Tabackin,  aided and abetted by a Rendezvous Rye.    This is buttoned-down stuff,  dry and with the whiff of age.    

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

WT 101 wishing ill upon the Packers

WTF?  Fantasy-related or a Bears fan?

Sorry buddy, Davante Adams just scored. GB is now up 20-0.  The Vikings used to be a football team when they played in the old Metropolitan Stadium.  Now, they are just on the blue side of the old Black and Blue Division.

Wiped out a low fill bottle of FRSiB.  Followed by a pour of J. Rieger.  I think I will have a pour of Woodinville Port to round out the evening. 

Edited by mbroo5880i

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.