What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m having the last pour from a bottle of BT. Might be more to follow after dinner. 🙄

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Bulleit 10 year in my glass tonight. Didn’t love the neck pour I had a couple of weeks ago. But after letting this sit for 30 min or so before gettin’ on it, it’s not half bad. 

• I like it 2

Is there any particular reason why another What are you Drinking thread has been started when there is already a vibrant What are you Drinking thread open and only half way through?  

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Is there any particular reason why another What are you Drinking thread has been started when there is already a vibrant What are you Drinking thread open and only half way through?  

Probably because he was drinking. 🙃

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

It was pointed out to me that the current “What Are You Drinking?” thread was Winter 2021. It was mentioned that it’s slightly confusing because even though It is winter, it’s now 2022. 😐 What’s a mother to do?  Want me to merge them back under the old thread title, new thread title, or just leave ‘em as is? 

Biba! Joe

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It was pointed out to me that the current “What Are You Drinking?” thread was Winter 2021. It was mentioned that it’s slightly confusing because even though It is winter, it’s now 2022. 😐 What’s a mother to do?  Want me to merge them back under the old thread title, new thread title, or just leave ‘em as is? 

Biba! Joe

I've always wondered why the seasons - was it because of some limit to posts for a thread?  Or some underlying technical performance thing?  Or just because someone started one like that and we just kept on?  

Not as active these days, but whenever we changed there was always the lag of some still posting in 'winter' when someone else started 'spring' - so should we just have a yearly thread?

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, GaryT said:

I've always wondered why the seasons - was it because of some limit to posts for a thread?  Or some underlying technical performance thing?  Or just because someone started one like that and we just kept on?  

Not as active these days, but whenever we changed there was always the lag of some still posting in 'winter' when someone else started 'spring' - so should we just have a yearly thread?

Basically the answers is in your third sentence above Gary. Threads were started, and over the years we’ve kept on doing mostly the same thing, although sometimes with changes. It depends on who starts the thread. I went back and checked to see what was what. Examples: Some were yearly. “What bourbon did you open 2020?” Some were quarterly. “What bourbon did you pass on Q1 2019?” Some were a combo. “What bourbon did you purchase winter 20-21? Most appear to be seasonal. “What bourbon are you drinking Summer of 2021?” FYI, these are just examples and not directly quoted thread titles. 🤔

Biba! Joe

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It was pointed out to me that the current “What Are You Drinking?” thread was Winter 2021. It was mentioned that it’s slightly confusing because even though It is winter, it’s now 2022. 😐 

Oh.  Let’s not continue to disrupt someone who is confused by the concept that the season of Winter crosses over the changing of years on the calendar…Your call to start a new one was spot on, because someone might attempt walking while chewing gum and fall awkwardly into moving traffic…

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Oh.  Let’s not continue to disrupt someone who is confused by the concept that the season of Winter crosses over the changing of years on the calendar…Your call to start a new one was spot on, because someone might attempt walking while chewing gum and fall awkwardly into moving traffic…

“Thank you sir, may I have another?”  👍 😉 👌

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Yum..

2E79832C-7002-4E53-8C31-1727EE35E3E6.jpeg

Now THAT's a great photo.

As for me, I'm down to the last few minutes of Suns/Sixers with a tasty "session" bourbon - Redemption low rye.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

..., because someone might attempt walking while chewing gum and fall awkwardly into moving traffic…

wait, are you talking about me??

to defend myself, I usually fall gracefully, not awkwardly

• I like it 2

Doing a sbs with a new batch of MMCS, and, after a few misses, finally found another batch that's hitting my profile. Having a splash of Baker's now for a followup;  MMCS and Baker's are a good play date, similar age and proof.

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

wait, are you talking about me??

to defend myself, I usually fall gracefully, not awkwardly

Is that falling with style?

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

Before dinner pour of Weller SB. I’ve had this open for a while now, so I figured I’d give it another shot with hopes that some air time  has improved it some. It’s a little better, but……. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Had to bring out the good stuff for the Rams Super Bowl win!!!!!   Pappy Van Winkle 20 Years Old to celebrate. 

B03F42EF-6E1F-4BDD-B587-9A64FF451E02.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 2/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, mal00768 said:

I found this funnier than I probably should have 😂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.