What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Sipping on a 2017 WLW.  Beautiful.

Isn't it great we quote vintages in bourbon terms? Right on for us! :) 

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Sipping on a 2017 WLW.  Beautiful.

Absofreakinglutely!

Probably in my top 3 ever!

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Some tasty Bulleit SB this evening.

EC713280-FE00-492F-A8C6-8A9BCFFC446B.jpeg

Well this is different…. Nutrition info?  🤔
Gonna be like a 500 calorie night I believe.

F93886E2-FE5B-4B3C-81C7-F005F05314CE.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I hope your bottle of WSB is better than the one I have. 🤞

Biba! Joe

this one is a 107. guess that part wasn't in the frame. it's wonderful as have been other recent bottles of this.

22 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

Ohhhhh wow. Huge oversight on my part. I'm actually super intrigued and want it even more now just to see how I feel about wheat whiskey's.

You might want to start with Bernheim as a bit of a tuning fork on the style.  As Steve pointed out, the Woodford is heavily tilted to the Woodford house style and may not be the best representation of a wheat whiskey.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

You might want to start with Bernheim as a bit of a tuning fork on the style.  As Steve pointed out, the Woodford is heavily tilted to the Woodford house style and may not be the best representation of a wheat whiskey.

Beat me to it. I totally agree with Rich that you should start with Bernheim.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, 0895 said:

Well this is different…. Nutrition info?  🤔
Gonna be like a 500 calorie night I believe.

F93886E2-FE5B-4B3C-81C7-F005F05314CE.jpeg

Crap, I always thought that bourbon was great source of protein after a run.  I might have to give up running because I ain't giving up bourbon.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

I bought a bottle of FRSiB at Costco today for $38.  I don't drink bottle to bottle.  Well, not unless a paper bag and a curb outside the liquor store is involved but I opened this one when I got home.  It passes the test of three sigmas above swill.  

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I bought a bottle of FRSiB at Costco today for $38. ...It passes the test of three sigmas above swill.  

wow, high accolades indeed.  🤪   I've same rating for all the FRSiB I've sampled lately.  It's hit or miss, get a great one or more likely just average.

This is one of the most underrated barrel-proofers out there, and a steal at $69.00.

This one is a pick, and it's a stellar one.

I think I've stashed 5-6 bottles.  

They did another barrel,  which I have yet to try, but hope to remedy that soon. 

20220226_230408.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 5

8 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is one of the most underrated barrel-proofers out there, and a steal at $69.00.

This one is a pick, and it's a stellar one.

I think I've stashed 5-6 bottles.  

They did another barrel,  which I have yet to try, but hope to remedy that soon. 

20220226_230408.jpg

Agreed!  Only Jack(s) in my rotation and bunker - Yummo (IMHO)!  😋

On 2/25/2022 at 2:49 PM, LvR Mike said:

Ohhhhh wow. Huge oversight on my part. I'm actually super intrigued and want it even more now just to see how I feel about wheat whiskey's.

I have a 6 year old straight wheat whiskey from Old Elk that has far more character than the Woodford release, but I'm sure the 59.2% ABV has a lot to do with it. The Woodford Reserve Wheat is a non-event pour-- without a proper delivery, much less a finish.

IMG_7729.thumb.jpg.1f6c5e463fc4c1f9082b46370e435c45.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Same.

I see the SB rye on some shelves, but can't bring myself to pay  $50.00 for it.  I'm a cheap bastard and there are so many fantastic rye whiskeys out there at the price point, (and much less), that I can't see dropping the $$ on it.

That being said, if I can get my hands on a bottle of the  SBBP rye I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.   

On 2/25/2022 at 4:52 PM, 0895 said:

Some tasty Bulleit SB this evening.

Not exactly sure who made this distillate, but it has a very nice almost strawberry candy taste to it.

The one I had a couple of years ago was Four Roses distillate; OESO iirc. 

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What!? No Coy Hill?

On topic most of the JBSiBBP I’ve tried have been good to great. One was absolutely incredible and at the time changed my opinion on how great their whiskey. 

I did have one barrel that was waaay too much banana for my tastes though. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I have a 6 year old straight wheat whiskey from Old Elk that has far more character than the Woodford release, but I'm sure the 59.2% ABV has a lot to do with it. The Woodford Reserve Wheat is a non-event pour-- without a proper delivery, much less a finish.

IMG_7729.thumb.jpg.1f6c5e463fc4c1f9082b46370e435c45.jpg

Noted. Just bought Bernheim today and will be hunting for this Old Elk and the Woodford.

Any other notable wheat whiskies I should look for?

H20 tonight.  Oh, and I had a diet coke earlier with dinner.  Winding down a dry month and almost there.  I did have a few glasses of red wine during the course of the month when my wife and I went out to eat with some friends we hadn't seen in a long time, that was the extent of my intake -- no spirits and no beer. 

And whilst some of you suckers out there did a Dry January, I opted for Dry February.  Why you might ask.  Isn't the answer obvious?...  😁 😛

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, Kepler said:

And whilst some of you suckers out there did a Dry January, I opted for Dry February.  Why you might ask.  Isn't the answer obvious?...  😁 😛

To avoid expensive champagne on Valentine’s Day?

😁

• I like it 1

On 2/27/2022 at 3:39 PM, LvR Mike said:

Any other notable wheat whiskies I should look for?

AD99B83C-27EA-4D57-9157-3D5CCA6E784E.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.